PDA

View Full Version : Political ? I say yes......

JustRalph
06-27-2017, 07:38 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/27/news/companies/carls-jr-los-angeles-minimum-wage/index.html

Carl's Jr. Fined 1.45 million by City of LA

tucker6
06-28-2017, 06:31 AM
A couple things about the story smell fishy to me. One, if my employer had made a payroll error, I'd ask them to make the correction rather than go to the gubment. Two, the average error per employee was $145. Again, hardly enough to require city hall to get involved. Three, the total error was $5,400, yet LA wants $1.45M in fines. It was actually hard to type that last sentence without laughing. That's the most excessive fine I've ever seen. It is akin to the death penalty for passing gas. If this isn't political, nothing ever done in the history of man has been political.

Carl Jr will fight this I'd imagine.

JustRalph
06-28-2017, 05:43 PM
A couple things about the story smell fishy to me. One, if my employer had made a payroll error, I'd ask them to make the correction rather than go to the gubment. Two, the average error per employee was $145. Again, hardly enough to require city hall to get involved. Three, the total error was $5,400, yet LA wants $1.45M in fines. It was actually hard to type that last sentence without laughing. That's the most excessive fine I've ever seen. It is akin to the death penalty for passing gas. If this isn't political, nothing ever done in the history of man has been political.

Carl Jr will fight this I'd imagine.

Exactly how I read it. This is a purely political prosecution.

Tyranny at its finest

Tom
07-01-2017, 10:07 AM
Government = tyranny.
Allways.