PDA

View Full Version : amazing lack of current events today!

senortout
06-22-2017, 04:16 PM
1. Seldom posting, mostly reading
2. Proud to be a Democrat
3. Like this web site. Best of its kind!
4. Of age. 81 in October
5. Old enough to know better than make this post!
6. Regardless

How come its hours into the news of Trump tweeting that there are no tapes he knows of?? And still, nothing has been posted here?.....He now says there are no tapes. How crafty of him. Is that, too, a lie?
How come readers on this forum chose Comey as more likely to lie than Prez?
How come most of us continue to delude ourselves and give Trump the benefit of the doubt?
What has he done to ease world tensions?
Embarrass the mayor of London when his city is preoccupied with the security of its people, by suggesting the mayor was poo-poohing what had just happened.
Suggests that Obama had made feable attempts to bring our prisoners back from N. Korea?
That went well. They finally sent a man home, fairly certain that he would not survive the trip...this a supposition on my part. Not too much of a stretch though. My sympathies to his family but this is what happened, am I right?
Fulfills his every fantasy at regular internals by stumping around the country like the election was next week, to his own edification.
Holds financial advantages despite the regulations normally imposed upon our presidents.

I think its time.
1. Make Trump accountable, to the people of the U.S.
2. Make sure we don't draw borders around voters to favor political ends
3. Make sure our news sources are free to do their jobs.
4. Stop believing things you know damn well are not true.

senortout, who has a first and last name. Thomas (not Tom, there are already one too many Tom here) Byers. Thomas Byers. Whose grandfather was a Republican, whose father was a Republican and like that there, many other relatives were Republican, when it was alright to be Republican. Grandfather was very very prejudiced man, but was a very good grandfather. Dad was only slightly less prejudiced, but you could argue with him. He was a very good father too. All In The Family sorts.

woodtoo
06-22-2017, 06:58 PM
Big ICE bust in NY operation not today but last week, still amazingly good news.
39 members of the ultra-violent gang MS-13 rounded up plus 8 other gang members.
Making America Safe Again.:ThmbUp:

JustRalph
06-22-2017, 08:28 PM
It's called leading......

Thousands camped out to see the Prez in Iowa the last few days

He's doing what he said he would do

The Comey tape thing.....Brilliant!!

The media don't know whether to shit or wind their watches

Yep.....he's crazy! :lol:

I love those goofy sayings :lol:

kingfin66
06-22-2017, 09:16 PM
Senor,

Are you from the Seattle area? There is a local horseman with the same name.

davew
06-23-2017, 12:42 AM
I think its time.

I am curious what you consider news sources, and what are their jobs?

It must be sad to see the democrat party turn into an island for misfit toys over the last 30 years - or haven't you noticed?

Jess Hawsen Arown
06-23-2017, 03:32 PM
4. Of age. 81 in October
6. Regardless

How come its hours into the news of Trump tweeting that there are no tapes he knows of?? And still, nothing has been posted here?.....He now says there are no tapes. How crafty of him. Is that, too, a lie?
How come most of us continue to delude ourselves and give Trump the benefit of the doubt?
Embarrass the mayor of London when his city is preoccupied with the security of its people, by suggesting the mayor was poo-poohing what had just happened.
Suggests that Obama had made feable attempts to bring our prisoners back from N. Korea?
That went well. They finally sent a man home, fairly certain that he would not survive the trip...this a supposition on my part. Not too much of a stretch though. My sympathies to his family but this is what happened, am I right?
Fulfills his every fantasy at regular internals by stumping around the country like the election was next week, to his own edification.
Holds financial advantages despite the regulations normally imposed upon our presidents.

I think its time.

senortout, who has a first and last name. Thomas (not Tom, there are already one too many Tom here) Byers. Thomas Byers. Whose grandfather was a Republican, whose father was a Republican and like that there, many other relatives were Republican, when it was alright to be Republican. Grandfather was very very prejudiced man, but was a very good grandfather. Dad was only slightly less prejudiced, but you could argue with him. He was a very good father too. All In The Family sorts.

Since you are 81 (great job), you are old enough to remember when the Democratic party had value. If you are still a Democrat, you have not paid attention. I used to be a Democrat, too. My first vote when I was old enough, was for Hubert Humphrey. Still can't believe he lost to Tricky Dick.

But the Democrats have been overrun by the hate-America liberals who are like the Islamic Radicals in that they hate any view that is not theirs. (Albeit the terrorists take it a step father in that they kill anyone who does not share their views.)

As for Trump, he is accountable to the people. He is doing EXACTLY what he said he would do. That is why we voted for him, and that is why we say he is doing a great job.

As for Comey or Trump, who lied? I see two guys with egos talking past each other. Comey said Trump lied about the FBI being dysfunctional under Comey. You can't LIE about an opinion -- and Trump gave an opinion. As President, he was able to act on it.

dartman51
06-23-2017, 03:48 PM
Go back and look at the tweet. He said, he(Comey), better hope there's no tape of the conversation. I don't recall him ever saying there WAS a tape.

mostpost
06-23-2017, 05:15 PM
4. Of age. 81 in October
6. Regardless

Not the first time he has done this. He claimed to be taping his biographer years ago, but when confronted under oath he hemmed and hawed and would not give a straight answer,
The amazing thing is that the vote was as close as it was, considering the makeup of the board.
You are absolutely right. Otto Warmbier was released because North Korea tired of taking care of him. Had he been a healthy, productive prisoner he would still be there.
He is a vulture who cares nothing for this country.

I think its time.

Thomas, thanks for sharing some personal information. It makes it easier to understand where you are coming from when you post. Anyone who wants to can find out where I am from (North Riverside, Il,); where I worked (USPS) my religion (Roman Catholic); my age (75); Where I went to college (SIU-Carbondale); and where I served in the Army (Briefly at Ford Hood, then EADC/EAR in Taegu, Korea.

Many here refuse to give such information.

Jess Hawsen Arown
06-23-2017, 06:03 PM
Thomas, thanks for sharing some personal information. It makes it easier to understand where you are coming from when you post. Anyone who wants to can find out where I am from (North Riverside, Il,); where I worked (USPS) my religion (Roman Catholic); my age (75); Where I went to college (SIU-Carbondale); and where I served in the Army (Briefly at Ford Hood, then EADC/EAR in Taegu, Korea.

Many here refuse to give such information.

Nobody is surprised that you are from Illinois. :confused:

As far as giving out personal information, that is an interesting topic to debate. I understand those who think identifying yourself is "gutsy." However, some of us think that if you are anonymous, your opinions are weighed by only what you say and not who you are.

Clocker
06-23-2017, 06:08 PM
However, some of us think that if you are anonymous, your opinions are weighed by only what you say and not who you are.

Agree. And experience here shows that the ankle-biters who are unable to refute opinions that they don't like will often use ad hominem attacks based on any available personal information.