PDA

View Full Version : Gulfstream Mandatory Payout Post Time Milking

maliksealy210
06-17-2017, 03:43 PM
They have pushed the post time back 4 times now... we are 20 minutes behind post time and jockeys are just getting a leg up.... Unreal

MonmouthParkJoe
06-17-2017, 04:09 PM
20 minutes is business as usual. Im surprised I wasn't longer. Schedule post was 3:25. I was expecting them to still be loading at 4pm

garyscpa
06-18-2017, 07:28 AM
But then Santa Anita, another Stronach track, consistently goes off right on time. I don't get it.

Robert Fischer
06-18-2017, 12:16 PM
they went off @ 3:51

26 minutes and I had 'over 25'

about the only bet I won yesterday

PaceAdvantage
06-18-2017, 04:14 PM
Another shining example of the industry respecting the player...:pound:

Of course, I'm sure they look at this exactly opposite...they are giving the player every chance to get in on this stellar betting opportunity...:rolleyes:

HalvOnHorseracing
06-18-2017, 11:38 PM
They should have a rule like the airlines. If post times are pushed back because of circumstances beyond their control (weather, gate malfunction), well tough luck. But if there is no excuse for delaying post time, including just trying to meet a pool minimum, after 5 minutes, if they haven't started loading, you start fining the track one percentage point of their take up to the maximum take for every minute of unexcused delay. Then see how well they keep post times.

zawaaa
06-18-2017, 11:58 PM
i thought it was sorta comical/harmless myself, lol

Appy
06-20-2017, 02:10 PM
I think part of the reason for delays are due to TV trying to maximize number of tracks with races shown as well as not forfeiting advertising $. Both tracks and simulcast outlets benefit by having as many races shown "live" as possible.

cj
06-20-2017, 03:18 PM
I think part of the reason for delays are due to TV trying to maximize number of tracks with races shown as well as not forfeiting advertising $. Both tracks and simulcast outlets benefit by having as many races shown "live" as possible.

This has nothing to do with Gulfstream doing it.

castaway01
06-20-2017, 04:08 PM
They should have a rule like the airlines. If post times are pushed back because of circumstances beyond their control (weather, gate malfunction), well tough luck. But if there is no excuse for delaying post time, including just trying to meet a pool minimum, after 5 minutes, if they haven't started loading, you start fining the track one percentage point of their take up to the maximum take for every minute of unexcused delay. Then see how well they keep post times.

So trainers drugging their horses always gets a pass from you (and before you say it doesn't, I define "a pass" as "hundreds of posts defending any trainer busted for a positive drug test"), but tracks pushing back their post times to try to get more people to bet is a horrible offense that deserves heavy fines? :lol: