PDA

View Full Version : Y 2 K ?

JustRalph
06-15-2017, 06:57 PM
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-15/trump-orders-government-to-stop-work-on-y2k-bug-17-years-later

You gotta be kidding

Jeff P
06-15-2017, 08:35 PM
Let's see...

Just a few of the headlines I expect to see in the next day or so when CNN, NBC News, CBS, ABC, NY Times, etc. run the same story...

Trump Micro-Manages Fed Agency Employees, thousands protest

Trump Oversteps Decades Old Line, Tells Fed Agency Employees How To Do Their Jobs

Pelosi Holds Press Conference, says "Trump an overbearing boss" as Hundreds of Fed Agency Workers Seek Therapy

Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Judge Issues Restraining Order, says "Trump Y2K Executive Order Amounts to Harassment"

Said tongue in cheek of course. :)

-jp

Tom
06-15-2017, 09:04 PM
Yes, lefties, THIS is why we need tax CUTS.
If this isn't a perfect example of waste....

The way to cut spending to start ALL departments with $0 budgets and force them to justify in writing, every $ they need and have department head sign off on it,and make it public.

I have no doubt spending could be cut by 80% and not affect a single needed program.

Actor
06-15-2017, 11:47 PM
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-15/trump-orders-government-to-stop-work-on-y2k-bug-17-years-later

You gotta be kiddingWhat about the 2038 bug? :coffee:

reckless
06-16-2017, 08:19 AM
Yes, lefties, THIS is why we need tax CUTS.
If this isn't a perfect example of waste....

The way to cut spending to start ALL departments with $0 budgets and force them to justify in writing, every $ they need and have department head sign off on it,and make it public.

I have no doubt spending could be cut by 80% and not affect a single needed program.

What I would also do Tom ... I would first fire every public employee in the entire government, both Federal and state/local.

Then have every one of them re-apply for their job. Bring a resume, fill out an application, list all the 'accomplishments' made in their past tenure, and most importantly, list any personal and professional references.

And make it known to the applicants what type of salary they are expecting, and if they have any political contacts, such as being a life-long friend of a House member, or a gumada to some liberal Senator.

You'd be shocked, shocked! on how easy this will be to eliminate dead wood, cut costs, prove to the tax payers how little is actually done.... it will be a blast.

woodtoo
06-16-2017, 09:30 AM
What about the 2038 bug? :coffee:

PDJT will cancel that bug in 2021. Back to your coffee.

barahona44
06-16-2017, 10:17 AM
PDJT will cancel that bug in 2021. Back to your coffee.

He'll have to make sure he does it by 12 noon on January 20th.:D

Actor
06-19-2017, 06:11 PM
PDJT will cancel that bug in 2021. Back to your coffee.Microsoft will fix it. There's no hurry. It's a simple fix.

In fact, if Microsoft waits until 2037 to fix it then everyone will have to buy Windows 2037. All previous versions of Windows will die.

I could be wrong but I think the Apple and Unix guys have already fixed it.