PDA

View Full Version : Brittney Eurton-TVG

SandyW
06-14-2017, 03:04 PM
Brittney Eurton, nice girl, good interviewer, terrible host. That voice really gets to you.
TVG, please less time on the desk for her.

Andy Asaro
06-14-2017, 03:10 PM
I think she's great.

SandyW
06-14-2017, 03:47 PM
I think she's great.

Just A matter of opinion. Screechy voice is very tough to take for three solid hours.

Andy Asaro
06-14-2017, 03:49 PM
Just A matter of opinion. Screechy voice is very tough to take for three solid hours.

I get it. I don't know why I haven't taken the streaming route. With their live split screens and other irritating stuff drives me nuts at times.

lamboguy
06-14-2017, 03:52 PM
tremendous handicapper

Track Phantom
06-14-2017, 04:51 PM
Brittany Eurton is one of the best TVG has ever had in front of the camera.

pandy
06-14-2017, 08:15 PM
Britney Eurton is one of the best, if not the best, on track interviewer I've ever seen.

Racey
06-14-2017, 09:29 PM
to watch and listen to she is a bright new talent

SuperPickle
06-14-2017, 11:22 PM
Look the talent at TVG has always been in the ladies room. Not just Brittany but also Christina and Caton too.

The reason is this. You can tell they put morning work in. With both being related to trainers you can see they're actually comfortable on the backside and they can eye ball a horse.

Andy Asaro
06-14-2017, 11:25 PM
Most important thing is to give viewers info that they can't get from the form by asking good questions AND letting viewers know how the horses look in the walking ring and on the track. Millie Ball (Yakteem) was the best at that IMO along with Zoe Cadman.

Racey
06-14-2017, 11:49 PM
can still catch the old HRTV gang Siegel included on xbrtv.com

ace4win
06-15-2017, 12:19 AM
I guess she's great, but I still like Donna Brothers as a TVG reporter. :popcorn:

olddaddy
06-15-2017, 01:08 PM
I guess she's great, but I still like Donna Brothers as a TVG reporter. :popcorn:

I miss Donna for the Keenland meets, she had an eye for the horses and also what was going on there.

PhantomOnTour
06-15-2017, 02:48 PM
I think Donna is one of best in the business.

I'll always remember how friendly and candid she was when I used to frequent FairGrounds in the early 2000's.
I would speak with her frequently about some of Frankie Brothers' horses and she always made time. He had a colt named Land that i thought would be something special but he got injured while schooling in the gate one day (I know this cuz Donna told me :)) and was retired shortly thereafter.

I think Brittney does a fine job on TVG

CincyHorseplayer
06-15-2017, 03:29 PM
Look the talent at TVG has always been in the ladies room. Not just Brittany but also Christina and Caton too.

The reason is this. You can tell they put morning work in. With both being related to trainers you can see they're actually comfortable on the backside and they can eye ball a horse.

This is where I land on this too. Caton at GP is indispensable IMO. And I think Christina hits more tickets than anybody there. Britney is a little squeaky but has a lot of other great attributes already mentioned.

Broad Brush
06-16-2017, 07:22 PM
Brittany Eurton is one of the best TVG has ever had in front of the camera.

I really agree with this. You have to know horse racing from the
backstretch side to know what to ask.

I think NBC should contract her out for the Triple Crown and
BC. She is a good face for racing. Somewhat better than say....
Hank Goldberg.

Fager Fan
06-16-2017, 07:50 PM
Interesting point that someone else made. I too enjoy all the women best. Whether it's Donna, Caton, or any of the others named, I like hearing what they have to say. They come off professional and knowledgeable. I could go way back and name another favorite woman commentator in Charlsie Cantey.

Bullet Plane
06-16-2017, 08:37 PM
Brittney is superb. Love everything about her.

She just really raises the bar at TVG. I agree, I'd like to see her on NBC.

At least NBCSN.

Liker her voice, tremendous interviewer, knows horses, horsemen, handicapping. and, if that wasn't enough,

... drop dead gorgeous!

stlseeeek
06-16-2017, 09:49 PM
she's ok, but the worst was the British chick, who was friends with Seal(musician).

She was supposed to be this girl who had lived around horses and she literally knew nothing. Not a thing about the horses.

Back then, the heavier black haired lady who did stuff for LA stations was terrible also.

jimmyb
06-16-2017, 09:57 PM
Gabby Gaudet is dynamite. Very knowledgeable, puts the work in and I love her insight. I believe her family is deep in the horse business. I'd love to see her get a TVG gig.

Andy Asaro
06-17-2017, 08:19 AM
https://twitter.com/StacyAlbano/status/875926939927707648

Tom
06-17-2017, 09:18 AM
Wear a nice hat, now dear.:cool:

KidCruz
06-20-2017, 05:11 AM
TVG is an easy target for many reasons but as a whole their group of reporters are awesome. Britney, as others have said, and Christina have earned a ton of respect in that SA backstretch and it shows, especially in the morning.

Caleb Keller is great especially at Keeneland. All meet, he interviews lesser known people rather than the people we already know. He constantly hustles to spend a few minutes with the guy trying a couple Canterbury horses or a former assistant just starting out.

Hazelton is also great when he is given his chance too. Belmont Stakes weekend, he was reaching for people like Navarro and the China Horse Club guy when many other reporters, including the national NBC people, stuck the safer interview options.

Like many others, I usually watch TVG on mute but I usually unmute it when someone is being interviewed because I can count on good questions. The reporting on TVG really is the best part of what they do.

Rise Over Run
06-21-2017, 10:37 PM
Gabby Gaudet is dynamite. Very knowledgeable, puts the work in and I love her insight. I believe her family is deep in the horse business. I'd love to see her get a TVG gig.
Both parents are trainers and have been very active on the MD circuit for decades. Her dad is much older than mom (by like 25 years) and not sure he trains any more, and her sister is also a trainer. You can tell on the broadcasts that she's spent her entire life around horses and the racetrack. She's very good behind the camera and I really hope she's back up in Saratoga for the Talking Horses segments this summer.

ldiatone
06-22-2017, 06:11 PM
can still catch the old HRTV gang Siegel included on xbrtv.com
:ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

PointGiven
07-05-2017, 10:21 AM
I agree with a lot of folks here. Britney does an absolutely fantastic job. Christina as well. Great interviews, handicapping as noted. I never get the feeling she just lugged into work like a lot of the others. She enjoys it, and it shows.

But maybe my favorite thing about her ( and Christina) is the studio/desk work. They keep the show on topic, and flowing. Perfect blend of personality and professional. I had to order a new remote from Amazon because I wore out the mute button because of the others. Rambling nonsense, especially during post parades. It's like they are trying to talk about anything but horses.

Jack950
07-05-2017, 10:33 AM
I really like Caton and Britney. They do a great job providing pertinent info one can use.

PointGiven
07-05-2017, 11:16 AM
Didn't mean to leave out Caton. Definitely does a super job. And provides great information. Production is what needs revamped at TVG. I get they are trying to find a balance between entertaining and information, to a wide range of viewers. And that's difficult. But if you're got good people on site, use them more instead of so much studio chatter that resembles a morning/ drive time radio show.

They can give information that you can't get anywhere else. An example a while back TC was with her. During the post parade there was a horse TC said I've seen him all summer at Mom. Park. He can beat this bunch. He did, and at a nice price. That's what viewer at home wants. We can't be everywhere and see everything like they can.