PDA

View Full Version : and its on the the Haskell... and Derby 144...

PowerUpPaynter
06-11-2017, 09:35 AM
Triple Crown season always goes by in the blink of an eye, not a great one this year. In truth, I think Cloud Computing may end up being the best horses of this crop. The rumored horses that may head to the Haskell looks like a solid field, might end up being a better race than then the Triple Crown races.

Rumored Horses Considering Haskell (feel free to add)

Always Dreaming
Classic Empire
Cloud Computing
Irish War Cry
West Coast
Tapwrit
Patch
American Anthem
McCraken
Gunnevera
Timeline
Batte Of Midway

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on Derby 144. At what point do you start to pay attention to the 2 year old crop? Just curious...

Here is a list of 2 year old, dirt stakes races for colts over 6 furlongs (https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/thoroughbred-racing/stakes-calendar?ages=2&surfaces=D&distanceIds=27&distanceIds=29&distanceIds=32&distanceIds=38&distanceIds=42&distanceIds=44&distanceIds=46&sexes=1&sexes=3&sortOrder=)

CincyHorseplayer
06-11-2017, 01:12 PM
Triple Crown season always goes by in the blink of an eye, not a great one this year. In truth, I think Cloud Computing may end up being the best horses of this crop. The rumored horses that may head to the Haskell looks like a solid field, might end up being a better race than then the Triple Crown races.

Always Dreaming
Classic Empire
Cloud Computing
Irish War Cry
West Coast
Tapwrit
Patch
American Anthem
McCraken
Gunnevera
Timeline
Batte Of Midway

Now on Derby 144. At what point do you start to pay attention to the 2 year old crop? Just curious...

Here is a list of 2 year old, dirt stakes races for colts over 6 furlongs (https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/thoroughbred-racing/stakes-calendar?ages=2&surfaces=D&distanceIds=27&distanceIds=29&distanceIds=32&distanceIds=38&distanceIds=42&distanceIds=44&distanceIds=46&sexes=1&sexes=3&sortOrder=)

On the 2yo question for me is Saratoga and Del Mar. But obviously it gets more interesting when they stretch out to 2 turns.

Robert Fischer
06-11-2017, 06:34 PM
Very strong list of 'possibles'. That would be great!

Always Dreaming
Classic Empire
Cloud Computing
Irish War Cry
West Coast
Tapwrit
Patch
American Anthem
McCraken
Gunnevera
Timeline
Batte Of Midway

Tom
06-14-2017, 05:24 PM
McCracken coming back in the Matt Winn Saturday night at CD.

cj
06-14-2017, 07:05 PM

Always Dreaming
Classic Empire
Cloud Computing
Irish War Cry
West Coast
Tapwrit
Patch
American Anthem
McCraken
Gunnevera
Timeline
Batte Of Midway

There is no way those horses will show up for that race. You'd be lucky to get 40% of them. Trainers pretty much avoid that kind of competition before the Breeders' Cup.

Spalding No!
06-14-2017, 09:33 PM
There is no way those horses will show up for that race. You'd be lucky to get 40% of them. Trainers pretty much avoid that kind of competition before the Breeders' Cup.
No doubt the existence of the Jim Dandy likely on the same weekend at Saratoga makes it a bit easier for a trainer to avoid a particular horse.

And if the alternative is too tough as well, they probably only need to wait a week or so for the Indiana or West Virginia Derby or something.

PowerUpPaynter
06-15-2017, 08:12 PM

very true, but even 40% of them will make a decent race

MonmouthParkJoe
06-16-2017, 06:34 AM
Timeline entered for the Pegasus this Sunday at Monmouth. Field of five. Should be going to the Haskell using it as a prep.

classhandicapper
06-16-2017, 03:28 PM
McCracken coming back in the Matt Winn Saturday night at CD.

I'm a bit of a McCracken fan. I thought he was compromised a bit in the Bluegrass stakes because he had missed some training and that race had a Merry Go Round look to it. Then he made a solid very wide move in the Derby before flattening out. I thought he ran better than a few of the horses that finished in front of him that day. He might be better than he looks. Of course that opinion is worthless in this spot at 4-5, but I'm still hopeful he's a good horse.

Afleet
06-18-2017, 04:18 PM
I'm a bit of a McCracken fan. I thought he was compromised a bit in the Bluegrass stakes because he had missed some training and that race had a Merry Go Round look to it. Then he made a solid very wide move in the Derby before flattening out. I thought he ran better than a few of the horses that finished in front of him that day. He might be better than he looks. Of course that opinion is worthless in this spot at 4-5, but I'm still hopeful he's a good horse.

He won the Matt Winn fairly easily

MonmouthParkJoe
06-19-2017, 07:16 AM
McCracken looked ok, but suspect he will have to step it up if he goes to the haskell. Timeline looked ok as well, not crazy about his performance. I suspect we might see an Irish War Cry/Tapwrit showdown again in the haskell with Always Dreaming pointing to the Jim Dandy

Robert Fischer
06-19-2017, 12:34 PM
McCracken looked ok, but suspect he will have to step it up if he goes to the haskell. Timeline looked ok as well, not crazy about his performance. I suspect we might see an Irish War Cry/Tapwrit showdown again in the haskell with Always Dreaming pointing to the Jim Dandy

yup

early news looks like:

Haskell = Timeline, Classic Empire, Irish War Cry

Jim Dandy = Cloud Computing, Always Dreaming

Afleet
06-19-2017, 08:59 PM
What happened to Malagacy, One Liner, Battalion Runner? These horses should be ready run. Hate it when one trainer has all the horses. Battle of Midway should be going in one of these races.

Spalding No!
06-20-2017, 08:50 AM
What happened to Malagacy, One Liner, Battalion Runner? These horses should be ready run. Hate it when one trainer has all the horses. Battle of Midway should be going in one of these races.
Malagacy and One Liner are inactive. Battalion Runner has worked twice recently after missing the Derby.

Battle of Midway is race-ready and slated to run in the Grade 3 Affirmed at Santa Anita this Saturday. If all goes well, he could show up back east, but there is also the Los Alamitos Derby (Grade 3 $200K) ripe for the picking a couple of weeks earlier.

Afleet
06-20-2017, 11:05 PM
Malagacy and One Liner are inactive. Battalion Runner has worked twice recently after missing the Derby.

Battle of Midway is race-ready and slated to run in the Grade 3 Affirmed at Santa Anita this Saturday. If all goes well, he could show up back east, but there is also the Los Alamitos Derby (Grade 3 $200K) ripe for the picking a couple of weeks earlier.

Never heard what happened to One Liner; ran that huge race in Arkansas then nothing. I was really looking forward to betting against him at 1 1/8.

sammy the sage
06-21-2017, 07:55 PM
Never heard what happened to One Liner; ran that huge race in Arkansas then nothing. I was really looking forward to betting against him at 1 1/8.

HHHmmmmm...I was looking forward to betting ON him...guess that's WHY there's horse racing STILL....:popcorn:

UnionRags
07-14-2017, 07:12 PM
Anyway to find a list of all horses owned by don alberto stable?

n.c
07-17-2017, 10:30 PM
you can track all horses which have run for them.

https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=People&searchType=O&eID=1559690