PDA

View Full Version : Antonoe

jocko699
06-10-2017, 04:13 PM
This was an unbelievable turn of foot. I do not know if she can go longer but I have been EXTREMELY impressed with the 2 races I have seen her run.

RunForTheRoses
06-10-2017, 04:19 PM
This was an unbelievable turn of foot. I do not know if she can go longer but I have been EXTREMELY impressed with the 2 races I have seen her run.

I agree. Did you hear the nonsense on TVG prerace (except for Simon). Don't know if it was an act or not.

jocko699
06-10-2017, 04:22 PM
I agree. Did you hear the nonsense on TVG prerace (except for Simon). Don't know if it was an act or not.

No I didn't. I tend not to listen to anyone, even the national broadcast team. What did they say?

RunForTheRoses
06-10-2017, 04:37 PM
No I didn't. I tend not to listen to anyone, even the national broadcast team. What did they say?

Simon was impressed with the Keeneland race but the other two were not and thought he was all hype. Horse has a tremendous turn of foot, one where speed figs might not tell full story.

jocko699
06-10-2017, 04:41 PM
Simon was impressed with the Keeneland race but the other two were not and thought he was all hype. Horse has a tremendous turn of foot, one where speed figs might not tell full story.

Okay thanks.

milfores
06-10-2017, 07:33 PM
Won some money on that horse today!! :ThmbUp:

SuperPickle
06-10-2017, 07:49 PM
She ran the final quarter in 20.85. I've never seen that. Ever.

I'll say this about Chad Brown. Everything he trains finishs. He'll have maybe less than 10 horses be on the lead at eighth poll and lose all year. Three weeks ago he got a McLean's Music who's bred to sprint run down an Empire Maker in the Preakness.

What you have here is a horse who can close like no other horse trained by the best finishing trainer. Could be something REALLY special.

cj
06-10-2017, 07:50 PM
She ran the final quarter in 20.85. I've never seen that. Ever.

I'll say this about Chad Brown. Everything he trains finishs. He'll have maybe less than 10 horses be on the lead at eighth poll and lose all year. Three weeks ago he got a McLean's Music who's bred to sprint run down an Empire Maker in the Preakness.

What you have here is a horse who can close like no other horse trained by the best finishing trainer. Could be something REALLY special.

Trakus has it fast, but not that fast, like 21.53.

cj
06-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Trakus

oughtoh
06-11-2017, 12:33 AM
I bet on him too and about gave up on him turning for home. He really made a move, but his jockey rode a great race too.

tanner12oz
06-11-2017, 06:57 AM
Push button thats for sure

Robert Fischer
06-11-2017, 11:35 AM
Fast and against the grain.

Jose Ortiz and/or Cristophe Clement whimped-out with Celestine, and handed Sassy Little Lila the race on a silver platter.

Cox while not handling the stock of Brown, can be every bit as potent as Brown with what he is working with, on any given day. The 6 Sassy Little Lila ran at her peak performance on a dream setup.

7 Antonoe ran THROUGH the setup. :eek:

Give Castellano some credit for a heads-up reaction. A lesser rider may have stopped riding or found traffic.

This was a good, high quality filly, and Brown has her not only back in form, but at a new peak.

It was clear before the race that there was a reasonable chance that the 7 was the best animal in the field, but this race was over by 6 furlongs. She wasn't supposed to be able to pull that off. That was astonishing.

classhandicapper
06-11-2017, 11:46 AM
I'll say this about Chad Brown. Everything he trains finishes.

It's highly likely that's why he's such a good turf trainer. He's training his turf horses to sit and finish. Finishing ability has long been known as a key to winning turf races. The tough part is measuring it. Variations in early pace also impact how fast a horse can finish but not in some clean and neat way.

Arapola
06-12-2017, 12:53 PM
Her race at Kee. was excellent. It was just a matter of who she faced there.
Brown thought enough of her to run in this spot.
That speaks volumes about her, as he doesn't enter horses carelessly.

jocko699
07-20-2017, 04:30 PM
Her race at Kee. was excellent. It was just a matter of who she faced there.
Brown thought enough of her to run in this spot.
That speaks volumes about her, as he doesn't enter horses carelessly.

She's back in the Grade 1 Diana on Saturday at the Spa.

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-20-2017, 04:36 PM
She's back in the Grade 1 Diana on Saturday at the Spa.

Should be a great race facing Lady Eli!!!

GMB@BP
07-20-2017, 08:12 PM
I never have been a fan of horses with amazing turn of foot stretching out, unfortunately with Lady Eli there is no way to really use my thoughts to bet against her.

Robert Fischer
07-22-2017, 12:28 PM
going to be interesting to see the odds today in the Diana

we have some interesting psychology going on.

irrational 'zenyatta' style fan money on Antonoe
irrational 'zenyatta' style fan money on Lady Eli

irrational 'conservatism' among horseplayers who just saw Antonoe run a better performance vs the grain then anyone is capable of in this field or probably North America (ohhh I'm afraid of the big names, or the number of turns..., or any other excuse that can justify such conservatism)

If she's not the public choice, she's a bet. Even if it's a small bet, she's a bet if she's not the favorite or very-near favorite.

Robert Fischer
07-22-2017, 12:31 PM
you can't witness a trip like that, while fully understanding the magnitude, and then not pick her on top(assuming she's not favored or near favored)

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/8392e9004b296f1fd4ebf6bf1c1e5485.jpg

Dahoss9698
07-22-2017, 03:23 PM
She better bring her "A" game to catch Dickinson today

Robert Fischer
07-22-2017, 03:56 PM
She better bring her "A" game to catch Dickinson today

Dickinson is tough.
If she's your pick, you will also get good value today. :ThmbUp:

jocko699
07-22-2017, 04:53 PM
going to be interesting to see the odds today in the Diana

we have some interesting psychology going on.

irrational 'zenyatta' style fan money on Antonoe
irrational 'zenyatta' style fan money on Lady Eli

irrational 'conservatism' among horseplayers who just saw Antonoe run a better performance vs the grain then anyone is capable of in this field or probably North America (ohhh I'm afraid of the big names, or the number of turns..., or any other excuse that can justify such conservatism)

If she's not the public choice, she's a bet. Even if it's a small bet, she's a bet if she's not the favorite or very-near favorite.

I am using her as a single in the P4. I feel 5-2 is fair odds on her.

maliksealy210
07-22-2017, 06:26 PM
Antonoe got an awful trip and seemed to get squeezed on the rail by Lady Eli coming over in the final 16th on Quidura. Javier seemed to have to pull sharply. Will be an interesting call... Chad Brown horse fouling another by coming in on a horse in between

Vinnie
07-22-2017, 06:34 PM
Happy for Lady Eli, but, it was a garbage call by the Stewards. Both the #4 and #3 should have come down. #2 Antonoe had that race coming up the rail until she was forced out...

jocko699
07-22-2017, 06:38 PM
Happy for Lady Eli, but, it was a garbage call by the Stewards. Both the #4 and #3 should have come down. #2 Antonoe had that race coming up the rail until she was forced out...

I agree but after her gate issue I am now sure she is something really special and may be the best female turfer in NA.

Vinnie
07-22-2017, 06:43 PM
That is a very good point jocko699!! :) But, it still stinks! :)