PDA

View Full Version : Trump Keeps Blowing His Own Deadlines

barn32
06-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Bloomberg’s Toluse Olorunnipa has noticed something peculiar. In President Donald Trump’s world, everything is about to happen in two or three weeks. “The president has used two-week timelines to sidestep questions from reporters or brag to CEOs at the White House,” Olorunnipa wrote. “But his pronouncements have also flummoxed investors, Congress and occasionally even members of his staff.” A few examples:

Feb. 9: Trump says his tax overhaul plan will be announced in “the next two or three weeks.” A one-page outline was published 11 weeks later.

March 15: Trump tells Fox News’s Tucker Carlson that “some very interesting items” will come out “over the next two weeks” to support his claim that former President Barack Obama wiretapped Trump Tower, but no evidence has come out.

April 5: Trump tells the New York Times he’ll announce “in two weeks” something about workers’ wages on federally funded infrastructure projects. Nothing has come out.

April 29: Trump says he will file a $1 trillion infrastructure program “over the next two or three weeks—maybe sooner.” Nothing yet.

May 21: Trump promises a news conference “in about two weeks” about progress fighting ISIS. Nothing yet.

“You can’t con people, at least not for long. You can create excitement, you can do wonderful promotion and get all kinds of press, and you can throw in a little hyperbole,” Trump wrote in his 1987 book, “The Art of the Deal.”

“But if you don’t deliver the goods, people will eventually catch on.”

Link (https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-06-09/trump-s-economic-agenda-is-almost-dead)

JustRalph
06-10-2017, 02:00 PM
Is this all you got ? :lol:

chrisl
06-10-2017, 02:23 PM
Ralph you are setting the bar WAY to high for the liberals.

Inner Dirt
06-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Your posts are joke, stop holding Trump to standards you never held any Democrat to. I think if I Googled biased hypocrite your picture would be the top result.

Clocker
06-10-2017, 02:30 PM
Your posts are joke, stop holding Trump to standards you never held any Democrat to.

Don't you remember when the libs were screaming at Obama when he was a little late on his own deadline to close Gitmo? In fact, I think he missed that by even more than a couple of weeks.

davew
06-10-2017, 06:34 PM
he had no idea that the dems would be blocks of cement pulling him down

NJ Stinks
06-10-2017, 11:57 PM
Just in case you didn't know, Barn32, I always look forward to your posts. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

And the subsequent whining sure to follow! :jump:

Jess Hawsen Arown
06-11-2017, 12:11 AM
You obviously missed his report from the Department of Transportation on the big changes to regulations and how the process of infrastructure changes can now go forward -- as opposed to Obama's attempts to make changes to infrastructure.

We finally have a President who gets things done.

Tom
06-11-2017, 09:07 AM
Just in case you didn't know, Barn32, I always look forward to your posts. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

And the subsequent whining sure to follow! :jump:

Don't feel left out, we are laughing at you, too.
There is enough good cheer to go around! :lol: