PDA

View Full Version : Giants Lowry

chickenhead
08-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Don't know if anyone else got to watch the game last night, what a pleasure for Giants fans...this kid pitched a nearly flawless game...they were playing the Reds, not exactly offensive powerhouse...but he looks like a young Tom Glavine, just wearing out the outside corner....9 strikeouts..all on changeups....A.J. called a perfect game for him...he said afterwards he didn't shake off a single pitch...

and then to boot we get some bombs from the crew...Ledee looked good in right field...didn't show much at the plate....though he did pull one foul into the Bay...this game was one of the few highlights in a disapointing season up to this point. I hope it sparks a run at the Dodgers.....

kenwoodallpromos
08-06-2004, 12:17 AM
Yep, but they still need to get Big Unit.
I have been a Giants fan since they came to CA.
I'm glad Alou is yanking pitchers quick, but I think St. Louis was stealing signals.

chickenhead
08-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Ginats fans are among the best IMO, 50 years and we still show up at every game...we need an owner that's willing to spend some bigger money..should have kept D. Bell, should have kept Cruz Jr., should have kept Lofton, should have kept Nathan, should have kept Worrell...and yes I would love to at least hear the Giants mentioned in some of the blockbuster deals...Bonds is 40 and won't be around much longer at all...you'd think they might have a little more urgency to get it done while he's around.

kenwoodallpromos
08-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Mays spoiled me so now I like all around position players.
As to pitchers seems like too many get behind then just lay it in to be hit; Also either there are a lot of lousy umpires ar too much complaining about balls and strikes.
The infield platooning just seems to point up too many so-so players on the SF team.