PDA

View Full Version : True North Stakes, 6/9

Ocala Mike
06-09-2017, 09:33 AM
I know that WHITMORE is a monster, but I am very intrigued by a horse from last year's derby trail called FELLOWSHIP. This guy was in Casse's barn, but now has a new trainer, and it looks like they're giving him a makeover as a closing sprinter.

Came back to the races to win a 7f race at Lrl, then bounced in a route stakes. Shows a 33-1/5 drill last week at Laurel and, with Javier, I like his chances to outrun his odds today.

jimmyb
06-09-2017, 09:48 AM
I know that WHITMORE is a monster, but I am very intrigued by a horse from last year's derby trail called FELLOWSHIP. This guy was in Casse's barn, but now has a new trainer, and it looks like they're giving him a makeover as a closing sprinter.

Came back to the races to win a 7f race at Lrl, then bounced in a route stakes. Shows a 33-1/5 drill last week at Laurel and, with Javier, I like his chances to outrun his odds today.
33-1/5? OMG. Sure looks like the real deal.

TheGarMan
06-09-2017, 10:06 AM
For what its worth, Matt Bernier at DRF was also touting 'Fellowship" at nice odds in today's race... :ThmbUp:

PhantomOnTour
06-09-2017, 10:33 AM
I'm leaning towards Noholdingback Bear who clearly needed his last and may be all set for a top performance today

RunForTheRoses
06-09-2017, 11:02 AM
Stalwakibg Dude is the horse to beat and obviously the 3 figures as well. I'm not going to use Whitmore. Other interesting horses are Green Gatto, remember him? Probably in tough, one for Bel, but he can throw a good one in, Peter Miller's horse is interesting as well. Jacobsen's other horse can get into the exotics as can Navarros at prices, and yes Fellowship looks scary.

jimmyb
06-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Another that's been training lights out is the 9, El Deal. Class issue though.

Thomas Roulston
06-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Another that's been training lights out is the 9, El Deal. Class issue though.

The class issue is less of a big deal in sprints than in routes though. Remember Cannon Shell?

Lemon Drop Husker
06-09-2017, 01:44 PM
Nice.

Late P4 is a must play today. Don't think any of us would mind kicking it off with an 8-12/1 shot. :ThmbUp: