PDA

View Full Version : Classic Empire Out of Belmont

Dahoss9698
06-07-2017, 08:38 AM
Per David Grening, with a foot abscess. Wagering on the Belmont just got a whole lot more interesting.

Spalding No!
06-07-2017, 09:11 AM
I wonder if the connections of Irap will call an audible and re-route back to the Belmont. He had a solid 6f work a couple of days ago. Not sure if there is anything else that is in a position to show up at the 11th hour.

Actually, NYRA probably has some special restrictions leading up to the race regarding stabling. It's probably too late for anyone to throw their hat in the ring.

Parkview_Pirate
06-08-2017, 02:27 AM
.... Wagering on the Belmont just got a whole lot more interesting.

For those of us wanting to toss Classic Empire out, the Belmont Stakes just got a whole lot less interesting. Looks like Irish War Cry romps, Tapwrit closing for a slice, and much less value in the race w/o CE as vulnerable chalk.

Just my two pesetas....

sour grapes
06-08-2017, 07:37 AM
For those of us wanting to toss Classic Empire out, the Belmont Stakes just got a whole lot less interesting. Looks like Irish War Cry romps, Tapwrit closing for a slice, and much less value in the race w/o CE as vulnerable chalk.

Just my two pesetas....

how can you come to this conclusion?IWC may not get the distance and is a much more vulnerable favorite than betting against CE.In my opinion this makes the race even more wide open.

Parkview_Pirate
06-09-2017, 06:07 PM
how can you come to this conclusion?IWC may not get the distance and is a much more vulnerable favorite than betting against CE.In my opinion this makes the race even more wide open.

Simple. Odds.

Well, I guess in about 24 hours we'll know. If Epicharis scratches out, that's another chalk that I'm tossing that reduces value in the race.

I won't argue that Irish War Cry will be vulnerable favorite tomorrow. But he should be at least 5/2 (and potentially co-chalk with Tapwrit, if the Gold Cup/Belmont double probables are any indicator). Had Classic Empire run, he would have probably 7-5 or so, and I didn't like him to hit the board, where as IWC in a softer pace could romp by eight....

Tom
06-09-2017, 06:40 PM
Throwing in bad races is nothing new to this group, CE not excepted.
I would not give up on the idea of a hopeless long shot winning.

Pace and speed will not ued by me at all Saturday.

I want big $$$.

Parkview_Pirate
06-10-2017, 09:51 AM
.... If Epicharis scratches out, that's another chalk that I'm tossing that reduces value in the race.

D'oh! Jinxed myself. (and everyone else who didn't like Epicharis.....)