PDA

View Full Version : Heart warming solar energy story......

JustRalph
06-02-2017, 03:34 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-electricity-hst-solar-net-metering-1.4139700

God Bless the Government

boxcar
06-02-2017, 05:13 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-electricity-hst-solar-net-metering-1.4139700

God Bless the Government

Yes, indeed. Let's not forget that they're here only to help. :lol::lol:

davew
06-03-2017, 08:57 AM
looks like they pay HST on wood for heat as well - do you have to pay if you go out in your backyard and cut it yourself?

Inner Dirt
06-03-2017, 09:27 AM
I always liked the way government justifies taxes and fees that don't make sense and are flat out wrong. When my mom died and I had to sell her house to split with my 4 siblings I found out she had been paying a $4.50 a month sewer tax to the city for the last 25 years. Mom always had a septic tank and wasn't connected in anyway to the city sewer system. I called multiple times to complain and was given a host of different reasons. My favorite was it also paid for treating storm drain water. Odd that in that city the storm drains went to a cement river that emptied in the ocean, no water treatment plant involved. That river was dry 99% of the time as most water that made it there evaporated long before it hit the ocean.

boxcar
06-03-2017, 09:42 AM
I always liked the way government justifies taxes and fees that don't make sense and are flat out wrong. When my mom died and I had to sell her house to split with my 4 siblings I found out she had been paying a $4.50 a month sewer tax to the city for the last 25 years. Mom always had a septic tank and wasn't connected in anyway to the city sewer system. I called multiple times to complain and was given a host of different reasons. My favorite was it also paid for treating storm drain water. Odd that in that city the storm drains went to a cement river that emptied in the ocean, no water treatment plant involved. That river was dry 99% of the time as most water that made it there evaporated long before it hit the ocean.

The mob called such practices a shakedown. The government calls the same thing taxes or fees under the color of law.

davew
06-03-2017, 10:06 AM

but someone had to put those drain systems in

my small town a few years ago put in new infrastructure - water, sewer, storm drainage, and new road pavement - every lot in the town got the benefit an all needed to help pay for it.

Inner Dirt
06-04-2017, 07:51 PM
but someone had to put those drain systems in

my small town a few years ago put in new infrastructure - water, sewer, storm drainage, and new road pavement - every lot in the town got the benefit an all needed to help pay for it.

My mom's street was private it wasn't connected to the storm drains either, her road was not maintained by the city either. Gas, water, electric all came from from a private company, she got a grand total of zip from the city. The cement river was county maintained.