View Full Version : Tri & Super players: the current BEST turf VALUE trainers

Turfday
08-03-2004, 12:09 PM
Based on 90 minimum turf starters in the time period between July, and July 2004, you gotta love trainers like Tony Granitz, who has produced 22% turf winners in these past lthree years at an AVERAGE win mutuel of $16.00; Paulo Lobo 19% / $18 average win payoff; and Ben Feliciano Jr 28% / $12 average win payoff !!

Here's the link for the complete list.... (AOPS = average odds per starter; AOPW = average odds per winner):

http://www.turfday.com/trainers/overall/top_val_3yr.asp?min_starts=+90&Submit=Enter+Minimum+Starts&xxx=04&yr=3

Any of these trainers who also hit 40% or higher in the money are excellent uses "underneath" in the trifectas and supers.

lefthandlow
08-03-2004, 12:41 PM
link didn't work for me..LL

betchatoo
08-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Didn't work for me either

Turfday
08-03-2004, 04:48 PM
I couldn't get this link to work, so don't bother. I'll see if I can get it up later.

Turfday
08-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Check out the link above in my initial post in this thread about the best Turf Value trainers, it's now working properly.

I would be interested in hearing your comments.

linrom1
08-07-2004, 01:49 PM
You hit one with T. Hills in SAR 1st.

CapperLou
09-30-2004, 12:28 AM
Tony Granitz, who is great with turf horses as Bob mentioned this summer has been doing alright.

He missed with this one at Arlington, but came back and put over Magic Jade at HAW today in 9th race with a huge ex, tri, & superfecta.

Look at this: Magic Jade 10.60 7.60 4.40

$2 Exacta 7-4 177.00

$2 Superfecta 7-4-8-1 13,570.00

$2 Trifecta 7-4-8 1,798.00

E. Razo Jr rallied thru traffic in stretch to get Magic home!!!
I had this one on top on my own and wheeled the ex & tri for a buck each!!! I'll bet some of you had it too!!! Thx again Bob!!

All the best,

CapperLou

P.S. It seems the windy city is supporting me this summer /fall--had five (5) winners at Hawthorne today including Storm Kingdom in 2nd at 32.20!!!! Storm was an Equisim daisy cutter!!!!

betchatoo
09-30-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Turfday
Check out the link above in my initial post in this thread about the best Turf Value trainers, it's now working properly.

I would be interested in hearing your comments.

Tried this morning. Couldn't get it to work

CapperLou
09-30-2004, 11:03 AM
Another one who I follow in CA who Bob has on the list is Paulo H. Lobo. Lobo does very well too and just in past couple of weeks had a $23 winner at Bay Meadow.

Another one is Ben Feliciano Jr on turf, but I don't follow him because I do not play Maryland tracks right now. He is highly rated on Bob's stats.

Get in touch with Bob--I'm sure he can help you.

All the best,

CapperLou

P.S. I think Storm Kingdom won for "me" because of what we have been thru here with four hurricanes. This place is sure as heck the "Storm Kingdom" this year. Keep those winners coming from Chicagoland!!!!!

CapperLou
11-30-2004, 12:39 AM
Paolo Lobo seems to have really cooled down in the past many weeks--not doing much at all. Maybe he will start to put a few over again, but he's been ice cold of late.

Just thought I would let those who are interested know.

All the best,

CapperLou

rrbauer
11-30-2004, 07:17 PM
Link doesn't work....typical Selvin crap.

The_Knight_Sky
12-01-2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Turfday

Ben Feliciano Jr 28% / $12 average win payoff !!

Gee thanks for making this public knowledge Bob.

There is no mid-atlantic trainer so potent in the turf sprints
as Mr. Feliciano is. I have tracked his longshots for several years now
and since the Meadowlands and Monmouth meets are over,
who here at PA will remember for next year
that his "go to guy" is none other than the immortal Tommy Turner. :D

CapperLou
02-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey Bob:
Any updates on top turf trainers as of now??? Senor Lobo appears to have gone south--had a tought last half of 2004 and continues to not do well.
I noticed you mentioned Paul Murphy on another thread so I thought I'd ask for an update here if possible.
Thanks very much.

All the best,

CapperLou