PDA

View Full Version : FEAR & UNbalanced: Confessions of a 14-Year Fox News Hitman

maddog42
05-29-2017, 08:29 AM
https://medium.com/@tobinsmith_95851/how-roger-ailes-fox-news-scammed-americas-la-z-boy-cowboys-for-21-years-1996ee4a6b3e

“Toby . . . I created a TV network for people 55 to dead,” (https://www.thenation.com/article/my-only-meeting-with-roger-ailes/)

woodtoo
05-29-2017, 08:38 AM
Oh my who knew!!!

maddog42
05-29-2017, 08:45 AM
“Fair & Balanced” was not just an ironic tagline…the opinion debate segments have always been a staged scam. . . with a scripted narrative and story line almost exactly like pro wrestling.

davew
05-29-2017, 09:34 AM
what a scam?

nothing like CNN and MSNBC who invent their own news

boxcar
05-29-2017, 09:59 AM
what a scam?

nothing like CNN and MSNBC who invent their own news

Yeah...I think it's called fake news, right? Just make it up on the fly...

jk3521
05-29-2017, 10:17 AM
Once I saw that photo of the blond in the black slip in the article, I couldn't keep my mind on the story. I need a cold shower !:D

PaceAdvantage
05-29-2017, 10:20 AM
That's it...I'm never watching FOX NEWS again...who knew NEWS could be faked like that?

jk3521
05-29-2017, 10:21 AM
“Fair & Balanced” was not just an ironic tagline…the opinion debate segments have always been a staged scam. . . with a scripted narrative and story line almost exactly like pro wrestling.

Everything in any of the media is staged and made up for entertainment value. It's all"show biz". Neither side of the political spectrum gives a damn about you or I. Don't believe any of their bull crap !

jk3521
05-29-2017, 10:25 AM
When conversation starts debating which news source to watch, it usually comes down to which network has the sexiest women commentators.

MargieRose
05-29-2017, 10:33 AM
And he stayed with his job for 14 years all along knowing/believing what he wrote in this article?

He also thinks the 68+ "La Z cowboys and cowgirls" are gullible and stupid...even his own father?

Major key here: He "drifted left during and after graduate school." No surprise, there! Yet, he took a job that, apparently, went against his beliefs, and he played into the alleged Fox game?

Now, after Roger Ailes' death, he feels compelled to defame the character of the man along with the whole Fox network, when he aided and abetted in the alleged "scam" himself?

Truth in this article or not, how very unethical of this man to speak up NOW! How very typically liberal characteristics espoused...defamation, ad nauseam, being the primary tool!!

chadk66
05-29-2017, 10:37 AM
what makes it more hilarious is that more liberals get their news from Fox than all other sources combined :pound:

Tom
05-29-2017, 10:49 AM
I hope maddog never gets his hand on a copy of MAD Magazine!:lol:

davew
05-29-2017, 10:50 AM
Yeah...I think it's called fake news, right? Just make it up on the fly...

and credit it to 'unconfirmed Washington sources' - what kind of source is the DNC?

barahona44
05-29-2017, 11:06 AM
And he stayed with his job for 14 years all along knowing/believing what he wrote in this article?

He also thinks the 68+ "La Z cowboys and cowgirls" are gullible and stupid...even his own father?

Major key here: He "drifted left during and after graduate school." No surprise, there! Yet, he took a job that, apparently, went against his beliefs, and he played into the alleged Fox game?

Now, after Roger Ailes' death, he feels compelled to defame the character of the man along with the whole Fox network, when he aided and abetted in the alleged "scam" himself?

Truth in this article or not, how very unethical of this man to speak up NOW! How very typically liberal characteristics espoused...defamation, ad nauseam, being the primary tool!!

Tobin Smith is a conservative.The one who drifted leftward was someone named Edwin Lyngard , whom Smith was quoting from Lyngard's book.The quotes were in italics to separate them from Smith's article.

The one who described Fox News viewers as "La Z cowboys and cowgirls" and the one who "drifted leftward after graduate school" are two different people.

lamboguy
05-29-2017, 11:08 AM
all those networks produce fake news. another great thing about Trump, he is making everyone aware of it!

Jess Hawsen Arown
05-29-2017, 11:20 AM
FAKE NEWS from someone FIRED by Fox and a a felon.

Same old. Same old. From the America haters who brought you Hillary Clinton and her band of ill-repute.

jk3521
05-29-2017, 11:39 AM
all those networks produce fake news. another great thing about Trump, he is making everyone aware of it!

Are you kidding? When I was a kid there was 15 minutes of local news and 15 minutes of Douglas Edwards and the national news per day.

Now the news starts at 4:30 a.m. and runs up to 10:00 a.m., then at 12,it's the "News at Noon". Then we get a long break of 3 hours until the "News at Four" which runs for three and a half hours! They gotta fill all that time up with "late breaking news" which is forgotten after a couple of hours, and fake news stories. Nothing is "news" anymore it's "information". All made up to fill all those hours each day.

Trump made me "aware" of nothing . It's been out there for the past 30 years. Trump just used it to further his own agenda.

He used the media from the '70's until the past few years and now they are using him!

jk3521
05-29-2017, 11:59 AM
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/01/the-decade-when-donald-trump-became-a-celebrity/422838/

MargieRose
05-29-2017, 01:55 PM
Tobin Smith is a conservative.The one who drifted leftward was someone named Edwin Lyngard , whom Smith was quoting from Lyngard's book.The quotes were in italics to separate them from Smith's article.

The one who described Fox News viewers as "La Z cowboys and cowgirls" and the one who "drifted leftward after graduate school" are two different people.
Yes, you are correct about the "drifted left" comment. I misread that part of the article. However, Tobin Smith, apparently, is in full agreement with Lyngard's sentiments; otherwise, he would not have quoted him.

It was Roger Ailes who was quoted as using the term "LaZ boy:" "...until they jump up out of their LaZ boy and scream..." But, it was Tobin Smith who raped the term by condescendingly demeaning the Fox viewers, when he said: "What the La Z cowboys and cowgirls never figured out was the game they had just watched was a scam..."

Tobin Smith raped the term again, when HE said:
"In over 2000 segments on Fox News and Fox Business Network I played the character of an angry (but smiling and pithy) partisan warrior for whom the white La Z Boy cowboys would want to shake hands with and congratulate with their always heartfelt..."

Smith: "...played the character..."?, "white"? The bottom line is that regardless of what Tobin Smith had to say about Ailes and Fox Network, Smith played along with everything that he "confessed." What does that say about HIS personal character, other than he'd fit right in with the MSM...without doubt! A pot calling the kettle black!!

JustRalph
05-29-2017, 03:20 PM
Fired by Ailes in 2013

That's all you need to know

boxcar
05-29-2017, 04:20 PM
Fired by Ailes in 2013

Ahh...Great detective work, Sherlock! It appears we have a clear case of a posthumous character assassination with the motive of sweet revenge. Case solved.

jk3521
05-29-2017, 04:25 PM
Ahh...Great detective work, Sherlock! It appears we have a clear case of a posthumous character assassination with the motive of sweet revenge. Case solved.

REVENGE !!! .... The Trump way, heh,heh,heh.

Tom
05-29-2017, 04:38 PM
The left leaning fake news was out in force to assassinate his character. After all, before he came along people believes the garbage the press was peddling. He blew the whistle on the media being the DNC publicity department.

maddog42
05-30-2017, 08:47 AM
I hope maddog never gets his hand on a copy of MAD Magazine!:lol:

I LOVED the old issues of Mad magazine!!!

mostpost
05-30-2017, 12:58 PM
FAKE NEWS from someone FIRED by Fox and a a felon.

Same old. Same old. From the America haters who brought you Hillary Clinton and her band of ill-repute.
Straight out of the Karl Rove playbook. Accuse the other guy of what you are doing yourself. Fox News, the largest purveyor of Fake News, accusing the main stream media of disseminating Fake News. And you fall for it every time. I apologize for not including you in the list of dead from the neck up PA contributors in my last post. It was an oversight.

FantasticDan
05-30-2017, 01:16 PM
Fired by Ailes in 2013
You mean Smith wouldn't put out? :kiss: :p

jk3521
05-30-2017, 01:24 PM
:puke:

reckless
05-30-2017, 05:25 PM

According to numerous unnamed sources, Smith always dons a blonde wig and frilly skirt during Fleet Week. :lol::lol:

jk3521
05-30-2017, 05:40 PM
According to numerous unnamed sources, Smith always dons a blonde wig and frilly skirt during Fleet Week. :lol::lol:

...And what does that say about Ailes. Hee!Hee!Hee! :p

Tom
05-30-2017, 09:18 PM
Well played! :lol:

jk3521
05-31-2017, 07:06 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/31/what-is-covfefe-donald-trump-baffles-twitter-post

The man better start getting more sleep.:lol:

Clocker
05-31-2017, 12:18 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/31/what-is-covfefe-donald-trump-baffles-twitter-post

The man better start getting more sleep.:lol:

Or not try to tweet before he has his morning covfefe. :p