PDA

View Full Version : Listening to the new Beatle's St Pepper remix

AltonKelsey
05-27-2017, 10:28 PM
If you're a Beatles fan or liked this album at all, it's a winner.

CincyHorseplayer
05-27-2017, 10:50 PM
Nice tip. Favorite album when I was 5 and 39 years later still top 5!

barahona44
05-27-2017, 11:29 PM
The last great Beatles album, IMHO, was Revolver.Sgt. Pepper was a little too "Look at me" experimental for my taste.Being different is good but when it becomes pretentious and an end in itself, it's not so good.

However,I won't deny that 'A Day in the Life' is one of their all time great tunes.

BTW, there must be an army of paid YouTube watchers reporting any Beatles uploads to the authorities because the moment they go up, YT takes them down, which I know they are required to do if the copyright holder objects.A year ago, you could get their whole catalog;now all you're able to see is some kid in his bedroom playing 'Lady Madonna' on the guitar.

Tom
05-28-2017, 09:21 AM
Sgt Pepper. My fist impression is how could they improve on it?
But I will be hunting for it for sure.

I bought my first copy for $2.97 - Mono.
Wore it out, bought another one.

Then stereo version came out, I bought that.
Bought if on 8 Track.
Tape eventually broke, bought it again on 8 Track.
Then cassette came out....then CD.

Now it looks another purchase......

No wonder the Beatles were rich people! :lol:

Marshall Bennett
05-28-2017, 12:27 PM
Being a huge Beatles fan I've never been able to pin down a favorite album. This was one of them, but the white album contained a lot more music all of which was good, minus the #9 number. Abby Road, Revolver and Rubber Soul were all top notch. When I was in high school smoking weed the Magical Mystery Tour was intriguing and I fell in love with it, till I grew up.
I don't think there ever was or will ever be a band that recorded the number of albums the Beatles did and nearly every one was excellent. I've never heard a Beatles fan put any of them down.

Tom
05-28-2017, 04:23 PM
The have a thing on the new Beatles Channel called your Fab Four - you pick your 4 favorite songs and you might get on the air to introduce them.

Heck, I couldn't narrow it to 4 from each album, let alone everything. Actually, 4 from each album side would be tough.:lol:

JustRalph
05-28-2017, 05:43 PM
I was never a huge Beatles fan, but Revolver has to be top five in the world .......? Top 10?