PDA

View Full Version : Epicharis Preparing for International Journey; "He looks fine and he moved sharply."

Blenheim
05-26-2017, 10:35 PM
Its been fun trackin' this guy . . .

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/triple-crown/epicharis-preparing-international-journey-final-approval-granted-japanese-wagering-belmont/

Lookin forward to the Belmont Stakes!

:11:

señorclipclop
05-27-2017, 02:48 AM
Shh... he lost to the bucking bronco Thunder Snow in the UAE Derby, don't bet him.

Frost king
05-27-2017, 08:59 AM
It is too bad that the Japanese will be having their own pool. This horse would be less than 5-1 or maybe even the favourite if the pools were commingled.

Afleet
05-29-2017, 04:28 PM
It is too bad that the Japanese will be having their own pool. This horse would be less than 5-1 or maybe even the favourite if the pools were commingled.

I don't understand why the pools aren't comingled

Tom
05-30-2017, 08:57 PM
Thunder Snow redeemed himself this past weekend, finishing 2nd (?) in a stake overseas.

CD race was fluke.

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoroughbred-racing/champion-juvenile-churchill-completes-classic-double-thunder-snow-second/

VigorsTheGrey
05-30-2017, 11:27 PM
Thunder Snow redeemed himself this past weekend, finishing 2nd (?) in a stake overseas.

CD race was fluke.

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/thoroughbred-racing/champion-juvenile-churchill-completes-classic-double-thunder-snow-second/

Thunder Snow prolly just got confused about which direction he was running....clockwise or counter-clockwise...he was bucking because everything was just plain wrong, wrong, wrong...why you boys running this way...? And mud...

handyman1968
05-31-2017, 01:24 AM
I don't understand why the pools aren't comingled

It's a taxation issue, a US gov't issue since the Belmont is in the USA. Some huge concession were made by the HK gov't to allow comingling and it's working wonders now. Comingling added 3.3% to betting turnover in 2016. This year it's expected to be more since Woodbine and Great Britain were added this year.

RobertCalifornia
05-31-2017, 04:24 AM
I included Thunder Snow in my trifecta and will probably this horse. Let everyone else be afraid to bet on Epicharis. Lots of homework to do, the Belmont is feeling like a term paper I'm afraid to start. But as the days get closer, I'll be more and more confident, figuring it out best I can like always. I'm definitely intimated right now.

Robert Fischer
06-01-2017, 10:21 AM
Epicharis is a horse that will translate to American racing.

I think you can take him at face value, and use whatever methods, and plug them in seamlessly here.

I thought he may have 'hung' a little in Dubai. Will have to re-watch.

Hoops McCann
06-01-2017, 10:50 AM
any grandson of Sunday Silence is a friend of mine. i'm pulling for him all the way.

sbcaris
06-01-2017, 11:29 AM
When was the last time a horse won the Belmont stakes after NOT racing for more than two months? I don't think any winners of the Belmont ever had that much of a break between races.

Longshot
06-01-2017, 12:02 PM
Here's a little converting from what data I have on Epicharis and the 4 lifetime races he has run. Timeform to Beyer conversion is very close. Thorograph is subjective to ground lost.

109 Timeform............94 Beyer................4 TG
101 Timeform............86 Beyer................8 TG
90 Timeform............76 Beyer................11 TG
84 Timeform............71 Beyer................13 TG

LemonSoupKid
06-01-2017, 12:13 PM
The pace scenario seems to be the most critical aspect for him.