PDA

View Full Version : Epstein Tote Software

Partsnut
05-21-2017, 03:41 PM
Epstein Tote Software
Has anyone used or heard of this software.
If so, is there any documentation on it ?

AltonKelsey
05-21-2017, 06:05 PM
Never hear of it, and neither has Google, which means it might be something like this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klopman_diamond

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2017, 06:08 PM
Or maybe it's what Nitro uses...

Partsnut
05-21-2017, 07:09 PM
I believe this was a project developed by Richard A. Epstein
Who wrote: " The Theory Of Gambling And Statistical Logic"

The software, as I see it, is a formidable tool that can be used in live contests.
If you will notice the attached file from yesterdays races at SAX
Where a spread of 5 horses ($10.00 each) would have turned into $500
See below.

AltonKelsey
05-21-2017, 09:33 PM
Normally you'd have me, and I'd pay almost anything for that.

But as soon as I saw he hadn't replaced the default "Document 1" for the Form name, I became disillusioned.

AltonKelsey
05-21-2017, 09:41 PM
Actually, the book is a rather technical work , heavy into statistics, and the brief mention I found of horses racing basically says, you can't beat it because of the take out. John Scarne, another gambling expert from the 70's and before said the same thing. He never lived to see the wondrous selections made here on PA!

But if you like lots of formulas and esoteric discussions of probability, knock yourself out. looks like the whole book is on google

https://books.google.com/books?id=VWriBQAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=epstein+theory+of+gambling&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiq6sLIr4LUAhUGiRoKHatWBwkQ6AEIJzAA

FakeNameChanged
05-21-2017, 10:20 PM
Actually, the book is a rather technical work , heavy into statistics, and the brief mention I found of horses racing basically says, you can't beat it because of the take out. John Scarne, another gambling expert from the 70's and before said the same thing. He never lived to see the wondrous selections made here on PA!

But if you like lots of formulas and esoteric discussions of probability, knock yourself out. looks like the whole book is on google

https://books.google.com/books?id=VWriBQAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=epstein+theory+of+gambling&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiq6sLIr4LUAhUGiRoKHatWBwkQ6AEIJzAA
From page 288 of the book:

Predicting the outcome of a horse race is an activity that exerts continuing appeal to the extraordinarily opulent. It is intellectually lucrative albeit fiscally ruinous.

Partsnut
05-21-2017, 11:04 PM
Normally you'd have me, and I'd pay almost anything for that.

But as soon as I saw he hadn't replaced the default "Document 1" for the Form name, I became disillusioned.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe I'm missing something but I have no idea what your response implies or means.
As far as my original post is concerned, I was merely seeing if anyone has documentation for this software.
I am not trying to sell anything.
I strongly doubt and in my humble opinion, it would be next to impossible to purchase this software because I doubt if anyone or very few, to say the least, would have it or if any copies still exist.
This software was designed as a project.

I believe it will yield a long term profit. I have mine set at a 23% ROI.
In todays world, I can live with that.

ReplayRandall
05-21-2017, 11:28 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe it will yield a long term profit. I have mine set at a 23% ROI.
In todays world, I can live with that.

In what pools would you be engaging in to extract this exceedingly high goal??
If you believe "it" will yield a long term profit, how far are you in your journey into the "long term"?

bruin95
05-22-2017, 01:49 AM
I believe this was a project developed by Richard A. Epstein
Who wrote: " The Theory Of Gambling And Statistical Logic"

The software, as I see it, is a formidable tool that can be used in live contests.
If you will notice the attached file from yesterdays races at SAX
Where a spread of 5 horses ($10.00 each) would have turned into $500
See below.

Please explain, to an idiot like me, how $10 would have turned into $500 in that race.

Partsnut
05-22-2017, 07:56 AM
Please explain, to an idiot like me, how $10 would have turned into $500 in that race.

I apologize for the confusion. Inadvertently, I mislabeled R6 for R7
See below.

Partsnut
05-22-2017, 08:02 AM
In what pools would you be engaging in to extract this exceedingly high goal??
If you believe "it" will yield a long term profit, how far are you in your journey into the "long term"?

I only bet to win.
In answer to your question, I have used this software for over 8 years but I took a 4 year absence because of losing a
loved one that was closest to me.

rlopez781
05-23-2017, 02:51 PM
Parts,

If you have used this software for 8 years,why are you looking for documentation on it? I don't mean this in a negative way,Parts...did you forget how to use it?

Parkview_Pirate
05-23-2017, 09:33 PM
From page 288 of the book:

Predicting the outcome of a horse race is an activity that exerts continuing appeal to the extraordinarily opulent. It is intellectually lucrative albeit fiscally ruinous.

Would have saved a lot of time in my life, if the PA website was simply a banner stating this little gem....:D

AltonKelsey
05-23-2017, 09:55 PM
As I mentioned, Scarne said the same thing before this guy .

Since the skill required to actually beat the game was beyond them , of course that's what they would think.

A guy in love with all those equations is never going to pick up binoculars and learn to be a trip handicapper, or spot a track bias. Thus, if E=mc2 doesn't pick the winner, then it cant be done.

Still, I'd be much more comfortable if only that money minting app had been titled properly.

PaceAdvantage
05-23-2017, 10:27 PM
Thus, if E=mc2 doesn't pick the winner, then it cant be done.Oh, but it can be done that way. No trips or track bias needed...hard to believe I know, but remember what you just said...:lol:

AltonKelsey
05-23-2017, 11:50 PM
Oh, but it can be done that way. No trips or track bias needed...hard to believe I know, but remember what you just said...:lol:

Sure, wasn't suggesting it couldn't. It's probably easier to win with other skills in tow, but you might be able to do it off paper only, if you understand the game well enough.

Years ago, there were folks keeping the stats now published everywhere for themselves. There was a guy who did it commercially 20 years ago. Not sure if he made money or not, but talked about his trainer stats at least that long ago. I'm sure it goes back way before that.

Off strictly running lines, harder still, but possible.

But really, I prefer the app pictured here in this thread , where you get to cash $100 winners off of whatever magic is embedded in the code.

DeltaLover
05-23-2017, 11:52 PM

Some valid and useful information can be found in this book but still it is a little primitive and basic when compared to today's methodologies and especially machine learning and AI.

Partsnut
05-24-2017, 04:19 PM
Parts,

If you have used this software for 8 years,why are you looking for documentation on it? I don't mean this in a negative way,Parts...did you forget how to use it?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Ray,

No, I need clarification on certain numbers.

Partsnut
05-24-2017, 04:24 PM
Oh, but it can be done that way. No trips or track bias needed...hard to believe I know, but remember what you just said...:lol:

Good thinking.
There are many ways to skin a cat.:eek: