PDA

View Full Version : Pick 6 and Pick 5 Question on Pay Outs

FlintAtTheFetlock
05-19-2017, 01:04 PM
Hello,

I have been surprised twice in the last week I was paid at Gulfstream on 4 of 5 in a Pick 5, and 5 of 6 in a Pick 6. It seems other times I have similar standing but I receive no payout.

Can anyone explain how this works? Does this vary track by track? You would think with a Rainbow wager, they would never pay 5 of 6 when someone has 6 of 6.

It would be nice to know going into the last leg if I may have some money coming back even if I miss the big prize.

Thanks

Poindexter
05-19-2017, 01:32 PM
Gulfstream is one of the rare tracks that pays out 4 out of 5 winners in the pick 5 (nice to get back money when you thought you lost-albeit usually not very much). They only pay to 6 winners in the Rainbow Six, but if nobody hits six, then of course they will pay out for 5 winners (less of course the takeout and the amount held out to build the jackpot pool).

I am pretty sure that there is no way of knowing how much you will get paid for 4 winners in the pick 5 until it becomes official. Regarding the Rainbow Six, I am not sure if they give the will pays out on that bet or not, but if they do that would be the place to find out if 5 out of 6 will get you paid and how much.