PDA

View Full Version : Cloud Computing

rsetup
05-18-2017, 06:51 PM
IMO, his effort in the WOOD was the BEST of any of the TC runners. The TC suddenly became interesting.

Probably will be a bit overbet given the Brown factor but will definitely come running.

Now, all we need is for Classic Empire to do his part and soften up Always Dreaming.

Win and exactas with CE.

Immortal6
05-18-2017, 07:00 PM
IMO, his effort in the WOOD was the BEST of any of the TC runners. The TC suddenly became interesting.

Curious as to what you mean here? That his effort was better than the others in the Wood? Or better than any other TC horse?

I just watched a replay of that race earlier today and while CC had a bad break I still can't imagine him beating either IWC or Battalion Runner even if he had a perfect break

rsetup
05-18-2017, 07:05 PM
Curious as to what you mean here? That his effort was better than the others in the Wood? Or better than any other TC horse?

I just watched a replay of that race earlier today and while CC had a bad break I still can't imagine him beating either IWC or Battalion Runner even if he had a perfect break

Would he beat the top two on a FAIR track?

Immortal6
05-18-2017, 07:13 PM
What was unfair about the track? Is there a bias at AQ that favored the top two?

TheGarMan
05-18-2017, 07:15 PM
Don't shoot the messenger, but for what its worth, in last night's Preakness preview webinar, Andy Serling picked Cloud Computing...

For the record, I had his picks in my notes as 1) CC 2) CE 3) CO MO MO 4) AD

That and fifty cents will get you a cup of coffee...

Gar

HandyKapper
05-18-2017, 07:34 PM
Andy also picked Chad's Derby horse Practical Joke. Must be a Chad Brown Fan. :-)

f2tornado
05-18-2017, 07:40 PM
Serling can't pick his nose much less the Peakness. New shooters win maybe 10% of these things. CC does have very early pace potential but his 6F times are pedestrian and his two route final times are yawn inspiring. He's lost ground to the winner in both his routes and is now going longer against classier ponies. I don't see it but kuddos if he pulls it off.

boys at tosconova
05-18-2017, 07:51 PM
Serling can't pick his nose much less the Peakness. New shooters win maybe 10% of these things. CC does have very early pace potential but his 6F times are pedestrian and his two route final times are yawn inspiring. He's lost ground to the winner in both his routes and is now going longer against classier ponies. I don't see it but kuddos if he pulls it off.

would be great for him to run 2nd/3rd just to add price to the triple. people like to take longshots and some will run with in JJ picking this horse over gunny. which is a little strange.

he should be sitting around 4th in a ground saving trip. and he'll have the first jump on every closer and could easily be itm if he gets better.

Robert Fischer
05-18-2017, 08:10 PM
Visually Cloud Computing looks like a Grade 1 horse.

Seems like he would have to be lengths better than Always Dreaming, unless you expect Always Dreaming to falter for some reason.

boys at tosconova
05-18-2017, 08:34 PM
Visually Cloud Computing looks like a Grade 1 horse.

Seems like he would have to be lengths better than Always Dreaming, unless you expect Always Dreaming to falter for some reason.

i don't see him getting by AD but he could get by CE who's running in his 3rd race in a month and CMM who might be challenged from an outside post once again.

after these 4 horses you have what amounts to be a bunch of deep closers. that are pace dependant

Julz
05-18-2017, 09:25 PM
Most of the derby winners win the Preakness, so you will have to find a way to beat Gunnevera and classic empire. He has a good shot to finish in the money and payday should be good. AD will be 4/5 and unbettable, as well as he should finish 4th or worse in this race. Good luck with your selection.

jefftune
05-18-2017, 09:46 PM
I think Cloud Computing will be close up early maybe in front, and gets first jump on AD. Rested and working great in the AM. Should be a good price (but won't see the 12-1 ml odds).

depalma113
05-19-2017, 04:52 AM
Most of the derby winners win the Preakness, so you will have to find a way to beat Gunnevera and classic empire. He has a good shot to finish in the money and payday should be good. AD will be 4/5 and unbettable, as well as he should finish 4th or worse in this race. Good luck with your selection.

So most Derby winners win the Preakness, but Always Dreaming is going to finish 4th or worse in a paceless race?

Thankfully this is parimutuel wagering.

swiss cheese
05-19-2017, 09:25 AM
So most Derby winners win the Preakness, but Always Dreaming is going to finish 4th or worse in a paceless race?

Thankfully this is parimutuel wagering.
I think he was referring to CC finishing 4th

boys at tosconova
05-19-2017, 07:14 PM
i still can't get over JJ taking this horse over gunny.

don't get me wrong,..closers should be hard to get involved in this preakness. but gunny's FOY was huge and he ran great in several races. JJ just tossed him aside for a horse that hasn't proved nearly as much.

Robert Fischer
05-19-2017, 07:54 PM

don't get me wrong,..closers should be hard to get involved in this preakness. but gunny's FOY was huge and he ran great in several races. JJ just tossed him aside for a horse that hasn't proved nearly as much.

you have to consider the business and the horse, both of which are much better with Cloud Computing

It doesn't mean that Gunnevera isn't the exact same horse we've come to know and love, it just means that Castellano and his agent are competent.

soonboomer
05-19-2017, 08:00 PM

Riding for Brown has a bit more upside than riding for Sano. Not really all that surprising.

Vinnie
05-19-2017, 08:07 PM
Cloud Computing has been training outstanding over the past few weeks. I really hope that he can get a piece underneath. In terms of what I look at for concerning recent fitness he is at the top of the list for me considering all of the runners in this years edition of the Preakness.

burnsy
05-19-2017, 08:26 PM

I totally agree, he probably is making a business decision. But I think Smitty picking g up a live horse at 15-1 . I don't understand the hype . Sort of see Gunn and Lee as closers you can use. Hope for a pace , if no one sends their horse early Always Dreaming will stroll. I can't like this horse that much, these other two will be square , with a chance. I see 4 horses that I think can win. The two chalks and the two proven closers. If this horse even gets second, I'll tip my hat. He hasn't kept up with slower. Gotta use the Derby horses when two are prices like I think they will b

boys at tosconova
05-19-2017, 08:46 PM
Riding for Brown has a bit more upside than riding for Sano. Not really all that surprising.

regardless of the trainer, if JJ thought he had a better chance winning w/ gunny he stays on board him w/ this level of horses.

he obv doesn't think that. and while sometimes jock's make the wrong decision, it's usually more of a toss up or a preferred trainer angle than just this.

you don't jump off gunny for CC in a TC race unless you feel strongly about CC or feel ehhhhh about gunny

rsetup
05-19-2017, 10:29 PM
Live in doubles with CC and CE; and the former is HUGE.

boys at tosconova
05-19-2017, 10:40 PM
Live in doubles with CC and CE; and the former is HUGE.

i haven't seen the doubles but you have to believe he'll be a decent price in the exotics. more than his low ML suggests. at least that's what i think.

on paper he looks more like he runs toward the bottom 5 than the top 5.

boys at tosconova
05-20-2017, 04:34 PM
would be great for him to run 2nd/3rd just to add price to the triple. people like to take longshots and some will run with in JJ picking this horse over gunny. which is a little strange.

he should be sitting around 4th in a ground saving trip. and he'll have the first jump on every closer and could easily be itm if he gets better.

haha............chad brown just said exactly what i wrote above..

burnsy
05-20-2017, 06:59 PM
Took a beating. Good call on those that liked him. Nice call.

rsetup
05-20-2017, 07:02 PM
That was a MOTHER ****ING FATMAN CRUSH :lol::lol:

Assist to my pulmonologist, who had to rearrange her schedule and took me earlier, so that I could get home in time to bet the Black Eyed Susan Preakness Double.

098poi
05-20-2017, 07:04 PM

Assist to my pulmonologist, who had to rearrange her schedule and took me earlier, so that I could get home in time to bet the Black Eyed Susan Preakness Double.

Congratulations!!! I didn't see you in our little contest but hope you made some real money.

rvaccha
05-20-2017, 07:05 PM
Congratulations CC

NorCalGreg
05-20-2017, 07:15 PM

Probably will be a bit overbet given the Brown factor but will definitely come running.

Now, all we need is for Classic Empire to do his part and soften up Always Dreaming.

Win and exactas with CE.

Great call, rs :ThmbUp:

Fager Fan
05-20-2017, 09:10 PM
Andy also picked Chad's Derby horse Practical Joke. Must be a Chad Brown Fan. :-)

He has a well-known man-crush on Brown.

classhandicapper
05-21-2017, 12:40 AM

Good call.

cj
05-21-2017, 12:45 AM

Win and exactas with CE.

Very, very nice.

SkunkApe
05-21-2017, 07:18 AM

Win and exactas with CE.

Excellent.

castaway01
05-21-2017, 07:40 AM
You (and Serling) called that one exactly, and it sounds like you were all over it. Congrats. Don't spend it all in one place.

Dahoss9698
05-21-2017, 08:50 AM
Great calls.

TheGarMan
05-21-2017, 05:07 PM
For what its worth, in last night's Preakness preview webinar, Andy Serling picked Cloud Computing...

:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:
Helped me cash a few decent tickets yesterday

Time for a nap...

Gar

Grits
05-21-2017, 10:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgGdrJ1dsmM

judd
05-22-2017, 05:43 AM

Win and exactas with CE.

Great Great call :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

Vinnie
05-22-2017, 06:03 AM
I find that I must piggy back on the others before me here and also add that that was indeed an "Excellent Call"! Very nice job!!! :)

ReplayRandall
05-22-2017, 03:45 PM
So.....Is rsetup on suspension, or is he banned?.....Crushes the Preakness and then spews out venom? I guess some people are never happy no matter the circumstances...:pound::rant::pound:

PaceAdvantage
05-26-2017, 09:36 AM
So.....Is rsetup on suspension, or is he banned?.....Crushes the Preakness and then spews out venom? I guess some people are never happy no matter the circumstances...:pound::rant::pound:Who cares. He was on borrowed time anyway...he was banned years ago under the fat man name.

Another guy who posts long threads of picks but doesn't keep track of any long term numbers...then when he finally hits a big one, he's suddenly the best handicapper alive.

At least when I do that, I still admit that I'm one of the worst handicappers here...

judd
05-28-2017, 07:44 AM
he can pick-em:)

PaceAdvantage
05-28-2017, 01:38 PM
he can pick-em:)Dime a dozen...look at me for instance.