PDA

View Full Version : Who is Lying--Trump or Comey--Poll

barn32
05-17-2017, 08:45 PM
I mean, one of them has to be lying, right?

Actor
05-17-2017, 08:59 PM
Shouldn't "both of them" and "neither of them" be choices on the ballot?

davew
05-17-2017, 09:04 PM
Does it matter? Comey will not tell Congress that Trump tried to influence his investigation because he did not tell the DOJ at the time, which is required by law. So if he testifies Trump did, Comey will do jail time...

fast4522
05-17-2017, 09:41 PM

I can agree with that, I think the President made it clear to the director to shit or get off the pot. Meaning the President wants his agenda to advance, when Flynn lied to Vice President Mike Pence it took two whole days for the President to drop the axe. BFD:pound:

dkithore
05-17-2017, 09:53 PM
Does it matter? Comey will not tell Congress that Trump tried to influence his investigation because he did not tell the DOJ at the time, which is required by law. So if he testifies Trump did, Comey will do jail time...

I learn somthing new every day. Thanks for sharp post.

_______
05-17-2017, 10:00 PM
I know it won't be a popular opinion here but if I had to cast a vote, it would be against the guy who led the "Obama is a Nigerian Muslim" meme for 8 years.

Or the "I would have won the popular vote but for millions of illegals voting".

Or the "Obama wiretapped me" (this one is particularly ironic given his warning to Comey).

Or the boatload of other lies that won't matter to anyone because, let's face it, Trump is their guy.

We get it. Trump wins any poll of the occupants of his lower intestines. Everyone in there is invested.

Shocking.

Tom
05-17-2017, 10:07 PM
We get it. Trump wins any poll of the occupants of his lower intestines. Everyone in there is invested.

Nice mirror you got there, fella.

_______
05-17-2017, 10:10 PM
Nice mirror you got there, fella.

It would be a lie for me to say that I'm sorry you don't like the reflection.

FantasticDan
05-17-2017, 11:21 PM
I know it won't be a popular opinion here but if I had to cast a vote, it would be against the guy who led the "Obama is a Nigerian Muslim" meme for 8 years.
Sorry, Tom's not part of the poll :lol:

barahona44
05-18-2017, 12:45 AM
Gee, I always thought the police squeeze the low level street dealer to get the big time supplier.In your scenario, they're letting the big fish lead them to the minnow...

davew
05-18-2017, 02:14 AM
Gee, I always thought the police squeeze the low level street dealer to get the big time supplier.In your scenario, they're letting the big fish lead them to the minnow...

you do not understand who the boss is (don't feel bad, neither do the democrat politicians, some old time republican politicians, most of the media, some of the biased bureaucrats in the NSA/CIA/FBI, and some judges)

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2017, 08:58 AM
Or the "Obama wiretapped me" (this one is particularly ironic given his warning to Comey).Funny how you still deem this one a lie, given all the evidence that has surfaced since that tweet.

Did Obama go there himself and flip the switch and put on the headphones and place a bug in Trump's phone?

No. But the results were pretty much the same, weren't they? Yes they were. You can spin it around and tell me what a liar Trump is, but the general sense is that, yes, Obama did wiretap Trump. Not personally (as the President has lots of resources at his disposal and doesn't actually have to do a lot of things HIMSELF). Not via actual wiretap. But the results were the same.

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2017, 08:59 AM
I believe the poll question and the poll response choices are not well thought out or put together effectively, which will bring meaningless results - like most snap internet polls.

_______
05-18-2017, 09:37 AM
Funny how you still deem this one a lie, given all the evidence that has surfaced since that tweet.

Did Obama go there himself and flip the switch and put on the headphones and place a bug in Trump's phone?

No. But the results were pretty much the same, weren't they? Yes they were. You can spin it around and tell me what a liar Trump is, but the general sense is that, yes, Obama did wiretap Trump. Not personally (as the President has lots of resources at his disposal and doesn't actually have to do a lot of things HIMSELF). Not via actual wiretap. But the results were the same.

It's odd the mental gymnastics you folks are willing to go through to make some poorly thought through tweet "true"

The U.S. was routinely monitoring communications of the Russian ambassador. He spoke to Mike Flynn. Thus, "Obama wiretapped Trump".

I guess intelligence agencies are supposed to turn off the eavesdropping when Russian spies talk to anyone on Trump's team?

barahona44
05-18-2017, 10:24 AM
you do not understand who the boss is (don't feel bad, neither do the democrat politicians, some old time republican politicians, most of the media, some of the biased bureaucrats in the NSA/CIA/FBI, and some judges)
Oh , now I get it.

Trump is above the law.

Thanks for enlightening me.

Show Me the Wire
05-18-2017, 10:38 AM
Back on topic. The lie will have to come from Comey, if such a memo exists, either way. Comey will not testify, in an open hearing, that he committed a crime, especially if Comey actually believed President Trump asked Comey to stop the investigation into Flynn.

Who ever leaked, this alleged memo, had to have done it without Comey's knowledge. I don't believe Comey is so stupid to implicate himself, as head of the FBI, in a crime.

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2017, 01:41 PM
It's odd the mental gymnastics you folks are willing to go through to make some poorly thought through tweet "true"

The U.S. was routinely monitoring communications of the Russian ambassador. He spoke to Mike Flynn. Thus, "Obama wiretapped Trump".

I guess intelligence agencies are supposed to turn off the eavesdropping when Russian spies talk to anyone on Trump's team?There are rules in place when an American is involved in one of these eavesdroppings.

Apparently, like another person just posted, the President (in this case Obama) is above the law. And not only that, the name of the American was leaked!

Good luck when laws are selectively enforced. Seems to happen a lot when Democrats are involved...Hillary anyone?

Trump deniers need to get off their high horses. There be planks in your own eyes.

davew
05-18-2017, 03:11 PM
Oh , now I get it.

Trump is above the law.

Thanks for enlightening me.

Obama set a precedent on law interpretation.

Besides that, the president is boss over DOJ, FBI, and CIA - it just seems like they want to control the world for their benefit (and frequently do).

davew
05-18-2017, 03:12 PM
Back on topic. The lie will have to come from Comey, if such a memo exists, either way. Comey will not testify, in an open hearing, that he committed a crime, especially if Comey actually believed President Trump asked Comey to stop the investigation into Flynn.

Who ever leaked, this alleged memo, had to have done it without Comey's knowledge. I don't believe Comey is so stupid to implicate himself, as head of the FBI, in a crime.

He will want an open hearing, so he can hide behind the 'national security and top secret excuse'.

_______
05-18-2017, 04:55 PM
There are rules in place when an American is involved in one of these eavesdroppings.

Apparently, like another person just posted, the President (in this case Obama) is above the law. And not only that, the name of the American was leaked!

Good luck when laws are selectively enforced. Seems to happen a lot when Democrats are involved...Hillary anyone?

Trump deniers need to get off their high horses. There be planks in your own eyes.

And how any of this makes what Trump tweeted somehow true in your mind still eludes me.

The freaking White House isn't defending this but you guys are still figuring out ways that your boy was the victim of something other than his own stupidity.

He read a false news story and then tweeted it out. You keep saying there is more to it than that. Others state he is just rope a doping his opponents. But many months and many other self inflicted wounds later, it stands about where it stood the day it broke. Despite all the efforts of his supporters here to backfill.

Just like the "I won the popular vote except for millions of illegal votes" tweet. Except, no one bothers too much with that since even his most ardent supporters understand how utterly false a statement it was.

Eventually, I think even you will tire of his nonstop drama and admit that he's in WAY over his head.

woodtoo
05-18-2017, 08:58 PM
And how any of this makes what Trump tweeted somehow true in your mind still eludes me.

The freaking White House isn't defending this but you guys are still figuring out ways that your boy was the victim of something other than his own stupidity.

He read a false news story and then tweeted it out. You keep saying there is more to it than that. Others state he is just rope a doping his opponents. But many months and many other self inflicted wounds later, it stands about where it stood the day it broke. Despite all the efforts of his supporters here to backfill.

Just like the "I won the popular vote except for millions of illegal votes" tweet. Except, no one bothers too much with that since even his most ardent supporters understand how utterly false a statement it was.

Eventually, I think even you will tire of his nonstop drama and admit that I'm in WAY over my head.

Oh yeah please remind me just what was so murderous or defamatory to you from a " tweet". Would impeachment or guillotine be acceptable
punishment for this tweet.

_______
05-18-2017, 09:03 PM
Oh yeah please remind me just what was so murderous or defamatory to you from a " tweet". Would impeachment or guillotine be acceptable
punishment for this tweet.

I point out how far up Trump's ass some here are and somehow it equates with demanding impeachment or the death penalty?

Who's unhinged in this conversation?

Calm down. Sorry I'm not in the bunker waiting to swallow cyanide with you, Eva.

woodtoo
05-18-2017, 09:49 PM
I point out how far up Trump's ass some here are and somehow it equates with demanding impeachment or the death penalty?

Who's unhinged in this conversation?

Calm down. Sorry I'm not in the bunker waiting to swallow cyanide with you, Eva.

Fine but what did he say or tweet that you disagree with ? Seriously

_______
05-18-2017, 10:14 PM
Fine but what did he say or tweet that you disagree with ? Seriously

"No administration has accomplished more in the first 90 days" 4/24
"All pipelines that are coming into this country from now on has to be American steel" 4/20
"The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process" 3/20
"The murder rate in our country is the highest it's been in 47 years" 2/8

All demonstrably false.

"How low has President Obama gone to tapp(sic) my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!" 3/4 (one of a storm of false tweets on this subject)

"In addition to winning the electoral college in a landslide(editorial note: his electoral college total was in the lower quartile), I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally" 11/27/16

Both ridiculous and abandoned by Trump shortly after making them.

dkithore
05-19-2017, 08:19 AM
It is a shame that many in here still believes in what MSM dishes out every day. They don't question sources and methods. What a poor handicappers they must be. Sad. Media gets it right only 18% of times. That I believe is their favorable rating by people. Trump between 35 and 45%. Probabiliies and percentages! Lol.

davew
05-19-2017, 09:11 AM
FBI Director James Comey Senate Judiciary Committee on May 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtoqprew6tg

interesting questions/answers especially near 3:34 by Mazie Horono

woodtoo
05-19-2017, 09:31 AM
"No administration has accomplished more in the first 90 days" 4/24
"All pipelines that are coming into this country from now on has to be American steel" 4/20
"The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process" 3/20
"The murder rate in our country is the highest it's been in 47 years" 2/8

All demonstrably false.

"How low has President Obama gone to tapp(sic) my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!" 3/4 (one of a storm of false tweets on this subject)

"In addition to winning the electoral college in a landslide(editorial note: his electoral college total was in the lower quartile), I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally" 11/27/16

Both ridiculous and abandoned by Trump shortly after making them.

That's it!!!! This is what has your panties in a knot. Just a bunch of one liners, much like yourself.:lol: None of them impeachable.:D

_______
05-19-2017, 10:05 AM
That's it!!!! This is what has your panties in a knot. Just a bunch of one liners, much like yourself.:lol: None of them impeachable.:D

I'll ask a second time. Who is calling for impeachment? It wasn't me.

And I'll point out a second time: I'm mocking his drooling supporters who are seemingly incapable of finding fault in anything he says or does.

If that doesn't describe you, why did you waste all this time responding to me?

Tom
05-19-2017, 10:15 AM
And I'll point out a second time: I'm mocking his drooling supporters who are seemingly incapable of finding fault in anything he says or does.

You are mocking OBama supporters?

To clarify, not that we don't find fault, just that we don't care.
The gloves are off. I support sinking to the level of the left to fight them.

I support sinking a lot lower if need be.

classhandicapper
05-19-2017, 02:18 PM
This is one poll that definitely needs an "All" button.

classhandicapper
05-19-2017, 02:21 PM

And during their frothing at the mouth celebration almost no one from the leftist mainstream media realized that until some conservatives on Twitter people started pointing it out.

thaskalos
05-19-2017, 02:33 PM
If history has taught us anything...it's that they are ALL lying.

classhandicapper
05-19-2017, 02:35 PM

Serious question.

Let's say I was raised in a multi-religion family (Catholic and Buddhist) and was versed in both by each parent.

Let's say I was going to get married, wanted to get married in the Catholic Church, and I know I have to be Catholic to actually do that.

The problem is my personal belief system and sympathies are much closer to the Buddhists than the Catholics.

When the priest asks me what religion I am what should I say?

I think if I want get married in his church I better tell him I am Catholic and start going to his church.

What religion am I really?

I'm a Buddhist that is very familiar with Catholicism and may even enjoy some of the ceremonies and sacraments.

MargieRose
05-20-2017, 12:02 AM
Serious question.

Let's say I was raised in a multi-religion family (Catholic and Buddhist) and was versed in both by each parent.

Let's say I was going to get married, wanted to get married in the Catholic Church, and I know I have to be Catholic to actually do that.

The problem is my personal belief system and sympathies are much closer to the Buddhists than the Catholics.

When the priest asks me what religion I am what should I say?

I think if I want get married in his church I better tell him I am Catholic and start going to his church.

What religion am I really?

I'm a Buddhist that is very familiar with Catholicism and may even enjoy some of the ceremonies and sacraments.
Religiously speaking, if you were married in the Catholic Church under false pretenses (lying to the priest), how valid in the eyes of God OR Buddha would your marriage really be?

forced89
05-20-2017, 09:08 AM
Trump lies about a lot of stuff but lays it on the line on a lot of other stuff. Basically I could care less!

Tom
05-20-2017, 11:59 AM
Trump lies about a lot of stuff but lays it on the line on a lot of other stuff. Basically I could care less!

He's kind of like the David Banner of politics.

fast4522
05-20-2017, 07:24 PM

But has he bowed to any Saudis TODAY?:headbanger:

Ocala Mike
05-20-2017, 08:26 PM
I don't think it was a full-blown Obama bow; more like genuflecting or a curtsey.

What's on the agenda for him tomorrow - public stoning to death of an adulterer?

Tom
05-20-2017, 08:31 PM
Group laugh at all of his detractors.
Might run into Monday.

Clocker
05-20-2017, 08:45 PM
What's on the agenda for him tomorrow - public stoning to death of an adulterer?

Right after he tells the Saudis that he wants ham and eggs for breakfast. :p

fast4522
05-21-2017, 03:36 AM
I don't think it was a full-blown Obama bow; more like genuflecting or a curtsey.

The King placed a medal over the head of a tall American President who bent his knees and kept his head erect accepting the medal, NO bow involved.

Ocala Mike
05-21-2017, 03:59 PM
Everyone sees what they want to see.

woodtoo
05-21-2017, 04:13 PM
If you want to learn how dirty and corrupted James Comey really is it goes back to the late 90's when he gained power and money as B. Clintons US Asst. Attorney. The whole story can be found at State of the Union website
titled "The inside story on James B. Comey" May 18 2017.
He is so wrapped up in the Clinton stench he'll never be rid of the stink.
:popcorn:
His main job since Hillary lost was to bring down Trump at any and all costs.
Sessions has all the files, document, tapes in DOJ possession. Safe from Clintons stealing ways.

woodtoo
05-21-2017, 04:16 PM

If one learns the truth they can change what they see. Some prefer to be kept in the dark and believe what they are told to believe, like real fake news CNN etc.:cool:

fast4522
05-21-2017, 05:15 PM

You are correct with that statement.

I want to see President Donald J. Trump succeed.
I want to see President Donald J. Trump make a serious effort at making lasting peace in the middle east. I will not suggest what you might want to see, just that as time marches forward your opinion in posts reflects reality.

Ocala Mike
05-22-2017, 04:19 PM
Reality? Here's a dose of it - he's a minority president with an approval rating of 37%, an administration beset with scandals, and a domestic agenda going nowhere (whatever gets done isn't his agenda, it's the mainstream R's).

We can only hope that his forte is foreign policy; maybe he's just "nut job" enough to broker middle east peace where everyone else has failed.

Right now, his staffers back in DC are praying he stays overseas and staying out of each other's way.

JustRalph
05-22-2017, 08:04 PM
Reality? Here's a dose of it - he's a minority president with an approval rating of 37%, an administration beset with scandals, and a domestic agenda going nowhere (whatever gets done isn't his agenda, it's the mainstream R's).

We can only hope that his forte is foreign policy; maybe he's just "nut job" enough to broker middle east peace where everyone else has failed.

Right now, his staffers back in DC are praying he stays overseas and staying out of each other's way.

You forgot his great accomplishment.

HILLARY STILL NOT PRESIDENT!

fast4522
05-22-2017, 08:29 PM

I understand you, your party leaders smell blood in the water so their fight is on. Please understand the blood they think they smell is really poison. It is going to get real ugly, today you and I think its political on the first cuts. Later on it will become apparent by the wake left behind revenge will be suspected when all the paper trails are exposed. Hold on to your scandals and percentages, the poison is meant for left leaning mainstream R's too as you say. We will have plenty to post about in the coming years, you will see President Trump win re-election in a landslide. Hey, good luck in the Belmont Stakes Ocala Mike

BaffertsWig
05-23-2017, 10:21 AM
You forgot his great accomplishment.

HILLARY STILL NOT PRESIDENT!

I don't think he gets the credit for that one, Debbie Wasserman-Schulz and the DNC do.

woodtoo
05-23-2017, 11:30 AM
I don't think he gets the credit for that one, Debbie Wasserman-Schulz and the DNC do.
At least you didn't blame muh Russians.

As long as she's NOT PRESIDENT!

PaceAdvantage
05-23-2017, 01:05 PM
Eventually, I think even you will tire of his nonstop drama and admit that he's in WAY over his head.You have no evidence to support this. What major errors has he committed? What nations have stopped being our ally? What wars has he gotten us into? What stock market has he crashed?

All I see are foreign leaders gushing over him, illegal immigration scaled back dramatically just from his words alone, a booming stock market and continued decent economic news.

What exactly has he ****ed up to date that puts him way over his head?

The fantasies you see reported in the papers and mouthed by democrats? How he supposedly committed some great crimes and needs to be impeached? There have been no crimes committed...even if most everything said about him pertaining to Russia are true.

PaceAdvantage
05-23-2017, 01:09 PM
And I'll point out a second time: I'm mocking his drooling supporters who are seemingly incapable of finding fault in anything he says or does. Why should his supporters find fault? You can get your daily fill online or in print...here are two excellent sources...MSNBC.com and Washington Post. If you need more, I have an entire list.

PaceAdvantage
05-23-2017, 01:11 PM
an administration beset with scandalsBeset with democrat-induced fantasies is more like it

Ocala Mike
05-24-2017, 10:23 AM
All self-inflicted.

woodtoo
05-24-2017, 12:53 PM
All self-inflicted.

Russia, Russia, Russia is Crooked Hillary's original crying card. And Comey too, come to think about it. But whatever you can dream up.

reckless
05-24-2017, 03:18 PM
If history has taught us anything...it's that they are ALL lying.

Yes, Thask... 'they' may be ALL be lying as you say...

But, here's one of the two major principals in this fabricated scandal, err, make that witch hunt... James Comey who says something that's a helluva lot different than what the 'journalists' in the liberal media keep telling us he said!

http://710wor.iheart.com/onair/mark-simone-52176/comey-just-said-under-oath-no-15842398/

Tom
05-24-2017, 10:37 PM

Oh Brother, Testify!:headbanger:

maddog42
05-28-2017, 10:45 AM
For 49% of a right leaning demographic like horse players to say that Trump is an "unmitigated liar" is surprising.

Tom
05-28-2017, 12:11 PM
They are all liars.
The point is moot.

No statistical significance to Trump telling a few.

forced89
06-21-2017, 09:19 AM

Agree!!

JustRalph
06-21-2017, 04:37 PM
Beset with democrat-induced fantasies is more like it

Reading my mind. You have joined the Dems Oc. Mike. Lots of proof that the public doesn't believe that either