PDA

View Full Version : Preakness Posts

Immortal6
05-17-2017, 06:13 PM
With the posts being drawn, who do we think benefits most/ least from their position? For me I was elated to see :1: Multiplier draw the rail, hoping he can carve out a similar trip as his race at Hawthorne and finish in the money. On the flip side, I don't like CMM drawing the :10: hole and likely having to be positioned on the outside of AD...can see him fading coming into the stretch much like my beloved Irish War Cry. Thoughts!?

f2tornado
05-17-2017, 08:12 PM
The chalk and co-chalk drew well. Poor CMM always draws outside and will not be helped here. LoL getting the 9 hole will not help him but he's a drop back type anyway. Multiplier gets the golden rail and with JR up is a live bomber. The final fractions of Illinois Derby were impressive.

arw629
05-18-2017, 12:20 AM
How does the wide post hurt CMM? There is no speed in the race and a long run to the first turn. He will be able to get position easily.

arw629
05-18-2017, 12:22 AM
With the posts being drawn, who do we think benefits most/ least from their position? For me I was elated to see :1: Multiplier draw the rail, hoping he can carve out a similar trip as his race at Hawthorne and finish in the money. On the flip side, I don't like CMM drawing the :10: hole and likely having to be positioned on the outside of AD...can see him fading coming into the stretch much like my beloved Irish War Cry. Thoughts!?

CMM has way more fight than that quitter IWC. Post 10 won't hurt. See my previous post.

Immortal6
05-18-2017, 08:16 AM
CMM has way more fight than that quitter IWC. Post 10 won't hurt. See my previous post.

Let me put it this way, with CMM being on the outside I think (think being the key word here as I am often wrong) that he is at a greater disadvantage having to cross 9 other horses to get to the 1 or 2 path by the first turn.

Compared to AD, a horse that is shown to break well and will only have to cross 3 horses to get his preferred position into the first turn.

If you were CMM's trainer and you had a choice between the 4 and 10 post which would you choose?

I'm also not so certain that CE and Cloud Computing won't be sent early in this race as well.

letswastemoney
05-18-2017, 10:35 AM
Post 10 is good for Conquest Mo Money.

The last position he wanted to be in is where Always Dreaming could sit off his flank and breath down his neck. It's preferable to be outside Always Dreaming to see if that changes anything. If the pace is fast, Conquest can rate a little bit too.

Si2see
05-18-2017, 11:11 AM
When they were drawing yesterday the last three posts were
:4::5::10:
and the last horses to draw were Always Dreaming, Conquest Mo Money, and Classic Empire.

I am far from an expert in seeing how races will set up, that is not my strong suit. However, I believe if Conquest Mo Money draws the 5 hole directly beside Always Dreaming , then CMM would have had a better winning chance. From the 10 hole he has to send, and I can see him being as wide as the 3 path depending on what classic empire decides to do.

Just my two cents.
Jason

letswastemoney
05-18-2017, 12:08 PM
http://www.xpressbet.com/readxbtoday?id=20012

Trainer Todd Pletcher (Always Dreaming, PP No. 4; 4-5) - “Like I said before, I wasn’t overly concerned about where we drew. He was 4 in the Florida Derby, 5 in the Kentucky Derby. He’s generally a very alert horse away from the gate. He’s a good horse standing in the gate. I guess if you were hand selecting wherever you drew maybe you’d like to be outside of Conquest Mo Money. As we know, in a lot of races things change as soon as the gates open. We’ll just let him run his race.”