PDA

View Full Version : President Pence?

classhandicapper
05-17-2017, 09:34 AM
I was just wondering what the end game is for democrats and their friends in the media?

If Trump is brought down, Pence takes over. It would be ironic if Pence was more effective at implementing a lot of Trump's agenda than Trump was because he's more experienced and way more popular in Congress.

_______
05-17-2017, 09:58 AM
Good luck convincing 2/3 of the Republican majority Senate than an impeachable offense has occurred.

Cafe Press still has "Impeach Bush" bumper stickers for sale. $4.99 each.

But I do think it would be good for his agenda if the chaos President decided to let others speak for him. That ain't gonna happen, of course.

I said back in December that I didn't think tax reform could get done in time to impact 2017 taxes. I now question whether it will happen at all.

jk3521
05-17-2017, 10:35 AM
Rather keep Trump.

incoming
05-17-2017, 10:36 AM
The game is just getting interesting. Everyone is trying to beat President Trump at his own game.... in the end he will prevail. I base my opinion on his campaign.....how many times did he overcome all of the false reporting. The closer we get too the election his power and leverage will increase.

I'm not sure who said it but it is a true saying, "power is never given away it has to be taken." It will get a lot uglier before it gets better.:popcorn::popcorn::)

barahona44
05-17-2017, 11:26 AM
If there was collusion with the Russians and Trump concerning the election, if it happened pre January 20, I believe that Trump couldn't be impeached because he wasn't president at the time.He still could be charged with a crime though.

Any constitutional law scholars on the board here?:)

_______
05-17-2017, 11:33 AM
If there was collusion with the Russians and Trump concerning the election, if it happened pre January 20, I believe that Trump couldn't be impeached because he wasn't president at the time.He still could be charged with a crime though.

Any constitutional law scholars on the board here?:)

The alleged crime isn't cooperating with Russians. It would be obstructing justice by interfering in the investigation.

Very hard to prove since it requires knowledge of the President's intent.

Think back to Watergate. It isn't the crime, it's the coverup.

Greyfox
05-17-2017, 11:48 AM
The alleged crime isn't cooperating with Russians. It would be obstructing justice by interfering in the investigation.

Very hard to prove since it requires knowledge of the President's intent.

Think back to Watergate. It isn't the crime, it's the coverup.

It would be very hard to prove Obstruction of Justice.
The Acting Director McCabe of the FBI said nobody obstructed their investigation of the Trump campaign and the Russians.
Comey dares not allege obstruction either as he was sworn to uphold the law and didn't charge Trump with obstruction.
But Comey undoubtedly will paint a grim dark picture of Trump when he testifies.

JustRalph
05-17-2017, 06:09 PM
It's all a false flag

To get the Seth Rich story off the news

PaceAdvantage
05-17-2017, 06:10 PM
It's all a false flag

To get the Seth Rich story off the newsWould be a definite humdinger if it grows more legs...

Actor
05-17-2017, 08:42 PM
If Trump is brought down, Pence takes over.Which might be what the Republicans want. Impeach Trump, blame it on the Democrats, and swear Pence in.

The party faithful never wanted Trump. It was those damned voters.

fast4522
05-17-2017, 10:03 PM
Which might be what the Republicans want. Impeach Trump, blame it on the Democrats, and swear Pence in.

The party faithful elected President Donald J. Trump, the ruling oligarchy got kicked in the balls big time. No one really cares about your concerns or wants, the oligarchy just wants everyone stupid and confused so nothing impedes what they want.

Tom
05-17-2017, 10:15 PM
Still no evidence that any crimes have been commitee, other than by the left.

classhandicapper
05-18-2017, 07:31 PM
Which might be what the Republicans want. Impeach Trump, blame it on the Democrats, and swear Pence in.

No question about it.

The Republicans are in a bit of a bind. They hated Trump, but he won. So they have to walk the thin line between trying to implement the policy they actually want vs. what Trump campaigned on, all while retaining their own power.

He's not getting any help from them and some are still attacking. But overall they cant get too vicious or there will be a backlash against them by people that still like Trump.

Tom
05-19-2017, 09:55 AM
Next election we need to finish off every MS republican.
McCain is #1 to go - then Eddie Munster. Two biggest traitors to conservatism there is. I have long past having any respect for McCain, I just want him gone forever. However. I see his ugly mug on TV and want to :puke:

classhandicapper
05-19-2017, 02:17 PM
Next election we need to finish off every MS republican.
McCain is #1 to go - then Eddie Munster. Two biggest traitors to conservatism there is. I have long past having any respect for McCain, I just want him gone forever. However. I see his ugly mug on TV and want to :puke:

I consider McCain an old man that's slipping into mental illness.

Tom
05-19-2017, 04:00 PM
I agree partially - change that "ing" to a "ed."

JustRalph
05-19-2017, 05:12 PM
McCain just won re election

He's going to be around for 5 more years.

Tom
05-19-2017, 05:19 PM
MY Gawd, what do voters see in that senile old coot?

johnhannibalsmith
05-19-2017, 07:52 PM
MY Gawd, what do voters see in that senile old coot?

I think you know how I feel about McCain and let me tell you, it seems almost all Arizona elections are just like this last presidential one. You don't vote for anyone, you just vote against the rest of them. When you see the sort of competition he gets from within his party and then from democrats, and given that he's darn good at playing the game and bringing home some bacon, it isn't hard at all to figure.

Show Me the Wire
05-19-2017, 08:20 PM
I think you know how I feel about McCain and let me tell you, it seems almost all Arizona elections are just like this last presidential one. You don't vote for anyone, you just vote against the rest of them. When you see the sort of competition he gets from within his party and then from democrats, and given that he's darn good at playing the game and bringing home some bacon, it isn't hard at all to figure.

Exactly. It is not a vote for, it is a vote against.

fast4522
05-19-2017, 09:22 PM
McCain just won re election

He's going to be around for 5 more years.

Not really, he will select the appointment as he retires (shoe horn)

chadk66
05-19-2017, 10:14 PM
This is all going far too well. All this is going to do is get more conservatives elected next round:lol:

Tom
05-19-2017, 11:39 PM
Exactly. It is not a vote for, it is a vote against.

I would vote for a democrat before him.

ReplayRandall
05-19-2017, 11:44 PM
I would vote for a democrat before him.
"Uncle Joe" Biden is starting to reveal how much he regrets not running for POTUS.......He's really feeling the sting lately.

fast4522
05-20-2017, 12:38 AM
"Uncle Joe" Biden is starting to reveal how much he regrets not running for POTUS.......He's really feeling the sting lately.

The problem the democrats have is that there was less enthusiasm for Plugs Biden than Hillary. Going forward democrats have no one coming up, basically they are a party in quicksand. Sure we have posters here who will defend and attack at the drop of a hat, but some of them will be dead by the time President Trumps first term is over. And then what are the rest going to support, Plugs Biden?:bang::bang::bang:

Jess Hawsen Arown
05-20-2017, 04:18 PM
I was just wondering what the end game is for democrats and their friends in the media?

If Trump is brought down, Pence takes over. It would be ironic if Pence was more effective at implementing a lot of Trump's agenda than Trump was because he's more experienced and way more popular in Congress.

Not until the end of President Trump's second term.