PDA

View Full Version : Heavyweight Boxing

kingfin66
08-02-2004, 01:52 AM
Another thread celebrated the decline of Mike Tyson. In my opinion, the only reason anybody pays to watch the guy fight is because the division is TERRIBLE. Lennox Lewis was a decent fighter, but had to wait too long to get a legitimate shot. Now Holyfield is over the hill (a good fighter but never a true heavyweight), Tyson is done, Lewis is retired, and we have guys like Roy Jones and Antonio Tarver looking to bulk up. Pathetic!

Whatever happened to the days when Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Norton, etal. were regularly fighting each other? Can't there be just one fighter out there that can come in an dominate the division and captivate the boxing world? It looks doubtful at this point. Ugh...

My prediction: Even in the aftermath of his poor performance, Mike Tyson will still command some attention from fight promoters for the simple reason that there is nobody else that can sell a ticket.

CryingForTheHorses
08-03-2004, 07:36 PM
Kind of like Ricky Williams..He doesnt want to get hit anymore, Guess people dont want to get PUNCHED out

kenwoodallpromos
08-04-2004, 02:19 AM
Just like Tom Schell said of Smarty Jones, Tyson did his best but came out of the contest with a bad leg, but nobody believes his leg is really hurt. I'm sure I saw TM limping after the fight!LOL!!