PDA

View Full Version : rookie question about rain

bootyclause
05-12-2017, 03:38 PM
It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow in the NY/NJ area starting late tonight. Would you just automatically assume that any maiden or claiming race will be run on the main track at Monmouth Park?

Also, there's a stakes race called the Wolf Hill 60k. Is that the type of thing that they will keep on the turf no matter what or would that be moved to the main track also?

and also, any tips on betting rainy days? I see people saying to bet speed horses but it seems like I have seen many rainy races where the leader totally falters down the stretch.

PaceAdvantage
05-12-2017, 04:27 PM
If it rains as much as they say, then I would expect all but the Graded Stakes Turf races to be run on the main track.

Thomas Roulston
05-19-2017, 03:00 PM
IMO most stewards are far too quick on the trigger when it comes to taking races off the grass.

Am I wrong for just once wanting to see a North American turf race contested on a track labeled "heavy"?

castaway01
05-19-2017, 03:30 PM
IMO most stewards are far too quick on the trigger when it comes to taking races off the grass.

Am I wrong for just once wanting to see a North American turf race contested on a track labeled "heavy"?

If you had to maintain a grass course for five months of horses tearing the crap out of it, you wouldn't.