PDA

View Full Version : Bill Mott

linrom1
05-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Does anyone have decent stats on this guy? He is just terrible...almost an automatic throw out in stake races.

I am not sure what he is doing to his horses, but, if gets a Euro horse, they quickly regress and run awful, yet public still bets those runners?

The other guy that is doing horrible is H. Graham Motion, sometimes it seems that he runs horses that are completely unprepared or outclassed?

tanner12oz
05-12-2017, 12:24 PM
Does anyone have decent stats on this guy? He is just terrible...almost an automatic throw out in stake races.

I am not sure what he is doing to his horses, but, if gets a Euro horse, they quickly regress and run awful, yet public still bets those runners?

The other guy that is doing horrible is H. Graham Motion, sometimes it seems that he runs horses that are completely unprepared or outclassed?

I think alot of people would beg to differ. Both have pros and cons but to say automatic toss is a little nuts

PaceAdvantage
05-12-2017, 01:05 PM
I think alot of people would beg to differ. Both have pros and cons but to say automatic toss is a little nutsOh, you haven't met linrom before? Welcome to "a little nuts" personified...check out his/her recent threads besides this one...

whodoyoulike
05-12-2017, 05:44 PM

You can find his stats on Equibase.com. In the upper right corner enter "mott" and then select trainer. I haven't been following him in recent years but he's never been terrible as far as I can remember.

Btw,................2017..............CareerStats

Total starts.........241..............23,795

Win......................39...............4,737

Place....................39...............3,768

Show....................28...............3,218

Earnings...........$2,454,041.......$256,358,898

Average per start...$10,183...........$10,774

As of 05/11/17

So his average $$ per start seems consistent with his career stats.

I'll leave the ITM% to you (no calculator handy) but it looks just below 50% this year and career wise.

linrom1
05-12-2017, 09:25 PM
Oh, you haven't met linrom before? Welcome to "a little nuts" personified...check out his/her recent threads besides this one...

The difference between someone like me and you is that I DON'T POST OFFENDING posts about forum members. As far as the industry and those involved in it: I consider a fair game since I wager my OWN money and I do not owe them anything.

You could've addressed the issue that I brought out Mott, but, no you prefer to engage in ad hominem attacks.

Please bet Mott.

Please remove me from this FORUM!!

jimmyb
05-12-2017, 09:28 PM
The difference between someone like me and you is that I DON'T POST OFFENDING posts about forum members. As far as the industry and those involved in it: I consider a fair game since I wager my OWN money and I do not owe them anything.

You could've addressed the issue that I brought out Mott, but, no you prefer to engage in ad hominem attacks.

Please bet Mott.

Please remove me from this FORUM!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibVPa2vCEAY

rsetup
05-12-2017, 11:28 PM
I was wondering a while back how Mott would've done with Arrogate. He trained Cigar and Arrogate is often compared to that one.
Anyone here think Juddmonte sent Arrogate to the wrong trainer?

Don't generally agree with the original poster when it comes to trainer (or horse) assessment. Not the case this time.

AltonKelsey
05-13-2017, 12:27 AM
Actually, not so much Mott, but I have personally noticed Motion running an inordinate number of horses that stink the joint up , many times at short odds over the years.

Don't have a stat for it, and maybe its just a bad impression, but someone with a complete database might want to take a look.

JustRalph
05-13-2017, 12:40 AM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_I._Mott

HOF trainer

PhantomOnTour
05-13-2017, 12:47 AM
Graham Motion won at a 25% clip during the recently concluded Laurel meet (second only to Linda Rice's 53% wins...!?!?!?) and is 1-1 at Pimlico.
At the current Belmont meet he is 0-12 but has five 2nd place finishes and two 3rd place finishes...i would hardly call that unprepared or outclassed..

Mott, on the other hand, has struggled a bit lately and is also 0-12 at Belmont

PaceAdvantage
05-13-2017, 01:58 AM

Please bet Mott.

Please remove me from this FORUM!!I reserve my offending posts about forum members for those who rightly deserve them, don't you know?

cj is free to assess me a penalty point. As for wagering your own money, I truly hope you continue to do so, whether you post here or not. I need your money.

tanner12oz
05-13-2017, 11:57 AM
Graham Motion won at a 25% clip during the recently concluded Laurel meet (second only to Linda Rice's 53% wins...!?!?!?) and is 1-1 at Pimlico.
At the current Belmont meet he is 0-12 but has five 2nd place finishes and two 3rd place finishes...i would hardly call that unprepared or outclassed..

Mott, on the other hand, has struggled a bit lately and is also 0-12 at Belmont

motion has had some very strong days at pimlico on the Preakness undercard..will be playing him next weekend if hes got runners