PDA

View Full Version : Jockeys

Augenj
05-11-2017, 08:42 PM
I often criticize jockeys when I feel they underperform. Are you listening Irad and Julien? But then you read an article like this and it puts things in perspective about the dangers of their profession and how tough these riders really are. Maybe I won't criticize as much in the future. ;)

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/tony-dlugopolski-luck-runs/

mannyberrios
05-12-2017, 07:08 PM
Not easy being a Jockey

Augenj
05-12-2017, 07:30 PM
Not easy being a Jockey
It's the paralyze threat every time they ride. Other injuries can usually be healed but not being paralyzed. :ThmbDown:

rsetup
05-12-2017, 11:35 PM
It's the paralyze threat every time they ride. Other injuries can usually be healed but not being paralyzed. :ThmbDown:

Really? What do you think about all the jocks that constantly play 'chicken', with all their herding and other intimidating tactics? Does it get any worse than using the fear of paralysis for personal gain?

whodoyoulike
05-13-2017, 12:45 AM
Really? What do you think about all the jocks that constantly play 'chicken', with all their herding and other intimidating tactics? Does it get any worse than using the fear of paralysis for personal gain?

Do you really think they go out trying to intentionally hurt another jockey?

I would think it would get out if that was the case because what goes around comes around. This appears to be a very dangerous occupation.

I just think these guys are adrenaline junkies.

They appear to be competitive as hell but I've never seen anyone doing what you're suggesting.