PDA

View Full Version : Beyers no longer used in DRF?

keithw84
05-10-2017, 11:03 PM
Maybe I'm really late to the game on this one, but I got the CD-only DRF in Derby day, and the speed figures look more like the Brisnet #s - early and late - instead of BSFs. Did DRF change what they use, and if so, when?

PaceAdvantage
05-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Maybe I'm really late to the game on this one, but I got the CD-only DRF in Derby day, and the speed figures look more like the Brisnet #s - early and late - instead of BSFs. Did DRF change what they use, and if so, when?Sounds like you bought a Daily Racing Program...looks like the DRF for the most part, but doesn't use Beyers...

MPRanger
05-11-2017, 01:41 PM
The special books come from Simo-Central. Those are Equibase pace and speed figures made by Trackmaster not Beyers. The simulcast outlets download the files and print them on site or send them to a local printer for mass printing.

Take the moment to appreciate the pace figure. It adjusts all tracks for a 30 ft run up plus uses Trackmaster's quarterhorse acceleration formula to give you a first call (1/4 mile in sprints- 1/2 mile in routes) pace figure.

This pace figure is very good. You can decide what you think about the speed figure. I like it but would rather have a Beyer speed figure. However creating a pace figure by using the Beyer variant is problematic due to the variance in run ups. You would have to keep records on every track you play to be able to use it. However if you only play two or three tracks primarily it might be worth doing. Not to me though.

dilanesp
05-11-2017, 02:42 PM
The special books come from Simo-Central. Those are Equibase pace and speed figures made by Trackmaster not Beyers. The simulcast outlets download the files and print them on site or send them to a local printer for mass printing.

Take the moment to appreciate the pace figure. It adjusts all tracks for a 30 ft run up plus uses Trackmaster's quarterhorse acceleration formula to give you a first call (1/4 mile in sprints- 1/2 mile in routes) pace figure.

This pace figure is very good. You can decide what you think about the speed figure. I like it but would rather have a Beyer speed figure. However creating a pace figure by using the Beyer variant is problematic due to the variance in run ups. You would have to keep records on every track you play to be able to use it. However if you only play two or three tracks primarily it might be worth doing. Not to me though.

There's a lot of things I don't understand about pace figures (although I use a form of them in 5 1/2 through 6 1/2 furlong sprints), but I think I will start a thread in the Handicapping section on it.