PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Preakness to bet 25K

jocko699
05-10-2017, 04:00 PM
You heard it. My name was drawn on a betting site and I am being flown to Pimlico next Thursday. They are putting me up for 3 nights and giving me 2 tickets for both Friday and Saturday in the Terrace Dining Room.

Saturday I will meet Eddie Olczyk, probably be on the TV coverage, and will make a 25K win bet in the Preakness :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

I have one ticket available for Friday at Pimlico and you would be my guest.

You will be seated in the Terrace Dining Room. Menus for Black-Eyed Susan Day are available online. Your tickets include admission, dining and a commemorative program. Business attire is requested, with jackets requested for men. No athletic attire, coveralls, shorts or cutoffs, t-shirts or torn/soiled clothing permitted.

If you are interested send me a PM explaining why you would like to join me (I know it may be silly but my bride said this is a good idea).

I will announce the winner on Monday at 6:00pm EST to give time to plan.

Good luck,

Geoff

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Geoff, CONGRATS...that's AWESOME!

Now prepare for a whole lot of unsolicited advice...:lol:

Seriously...good luck, and I hope you HIT IT big...one of our own making the big time...:ThmbUp:

Racetrack Playa
05-10-2017, 04:07 PM
:headbanger:Very Cool Jocko , Have a Blast and Get that Money:ThmbUp:

098poi
05-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Wow 3 nights that's pretty good. Good luck!!!!!!

jocko699
05-10-2017, 04:26 PM
You heard it. My name was drawn on a betting site and I am being flown to Pimlico next Thursday. They are putting me up for 3 nights and giving me 2 tickets for both Friday and Saturday in the Terrace Dining Room.

Saturday I will meet Eddie Olczyk, probably be on the TV coverage, and will make a 25K win bet in the Preakness :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

You will be seated in the Terrace Dining Room. Menus for Black-Eyed Susan Day are available online. Your tickets include admission, dining and a commemorative program. Business attire is requested, with jackets requested for men. No athletic attire, coveralls, shorts or cutoffs, t-shirts or torn/soiled clothing permitted.

If you are interested send me a PM explaining why you would like to join me (I know it may be silly but my bride said this is a good idea).

Good luck,

Geoff

Sorry, forgot to include link to menu. Open beer and wine bar, WOOHOO!!!!

http://www.preakness.com/sites/www.preakness.com/files/BES%20Day%20Terrace%20Dining%20Menu.pdf

AirNate012
05-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Dude that is badass! Congrats! Good luck from someone only a few hours from you (NW Arkansas). You planning on taking value or the chalk!?

Gerard02
05-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Congrats! Good luck to you. I'm sure you'll a blast being wined and dined. Plus, having the power of a $25,000 wager. I'm not going to tell what to bet it on. That is your privilege and responsibility. Wager well, my friend.

jocko699
05-10-2017, 04:53 PM
Dude that is badass! Congrats! Good luck from someone only a few hours from you (NW Arkansas). You planning on taking value or the chalk!?

I plan on playing the horse I think will win regardless of odds. I do use a few different methods the most important to me is class and form. These are youngsters so there is other information I must watch, i.e. breeding, weather, weight, etc..

jocko699
05-10-2017, 04:56 PM
Congrats! Good luck to you. I'm sure you'll a blast being wined and dined. Plus, having the power of a $25,000 wager. I'm not going to tell what to bet it on. That is your privilege and responsibility. Wager well, my friend.

Ty, what ever I do will be with no regrets. It is free money and I'll use all the information to make a decision.

Free airline tickets, accommodations, beer and food, and witnessing a triple crown race. I have already won!!!:jump::jump:

AirNate012
05-10-2017, 04:58 PM
I plan on playing the horse I think will win regardless of odds. I do use a few different methods the most important to me is class and form. These are youngsters so there is other information I must watch, i.e. breeding, weather, weight, etc..

Of course, it will be a nice return regardless of odds with $25k to wager. Best of luck!

PowerUpPaynter
05-10-2017, 05:18 PM
thats ****ing great!!! good for you man. best of luck. :headbanger:

my only advise would be go to 'Power Plant Live' on the inner harbor Friday night, always a good time!

jocko699
05-10-2017, 05:31 PM
thats ****ing great!!! good for you man. best of luck. :headbanger:

my only advise would be go to 'Power Plant Live' on the inner harbor Friday night, always a good time!

PUP ty, I will try to get there.

Bennie
05-10-2017, 05:32 PM
I would love to be able to go but personal issues prevent me. It shows you are in Ok city. Maybe you should stop by and pick up CJ on your way to the airport. Couldn't have a better man riding shotgun for you.

PhantomOnTour
05-10-2017, 05:32 PM
https://youtu.be/SqqGFoASs9s

congrats...take WhiffleballWhizz, he deserves it

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2017, 05:33 PM
congrats...take WhiffleballWhizz, he deserves itHe came to my mind too...as did cj...

olddaddy
05-10-2017, 05:36 PM
So cool, you already won but winning again would be even better.

jocko699
05-10-2017, 06:17 PM
So cool, you already won but winning again would be even better.

Don't want to sound greedy but I wouldn't complain.

CincyHorseplayer
05-10-2017, 06:24 PM

Nicely done! This is Spicoli worth!

Congratulations to the opening poster. Kill it boy!:cool:

PowerUpPaynter
05-10-2017, 07:50 PM
let us know who u are picking so i can root for you!

Vinnie
05-10-2017, 07:58 PM
I hope that you CRUSH the Race Jocko, but, have a great time. That is some pretty awesome stuff!! Congrats!!!:)

jocko699
05-10-2017, 08:09 PM
let us know who u are picking so i can root for you!

PUP, I definitely will. Taking the computer with me and as always will be paying attention to everyone's input.

jocko699
05-10-2017, 08:11 PM
I hope that you CRUSH the Race Jocko, but, have a great time. That is some pretty awesome stuff!! Congrats!!!:)

Vinnie, thanks and I will have a good time. If I get to talk on TV I told PA I will give a shout out to this site.

boys at tosconova
05-10-2017, 08:53 PM

translation: >>>>>>> 25k on always f'n dreaming

jocko699
05-10-2017, 09:06 PM
translation: >>>>>>> 25k on always f'n dreaming

Maybe but Classic Empire scares the hell out of me. It's early and I will know the 13th.

thaskalos
05-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Can you PRETEND to bet the 25K...and slip it into your back pocket instead?

jocko699
05-10-2017, 10:16 PM
Can you PRETEND to bet the 25K...and slip it into your back pocket instead?

Wouldn't that be great!!! My understanding is they will put 25K in my account with the stipulation that I make a win bet on a horse in the Preakness. I have a "representative" that will lead me through the betting process.

HuggingTheRail
05-10-2017, 10:32 PM
Congrats! Enjoy the experience, and may racing luck be with you...

menifee
05-10-2017, 11:56 PM
Good luck!!!

This is a very tough race to make a win bet in. Always Dreaming most likely winner, but you can't take 4-5.

Classic Empire at 4-1 or higher or CC at 10-1, probably the best value play. Very tough call.

Richie
05-11-2017, 05:36 AM
I think your allowed to take 4/5 when you have a free bet of 25 grand, and you think he is the most likely winner

PowerUpPaynter
05-11-2017, 06:53 AM
I think your allowed to take 4/5 when you have a free bet of 25 grand, and you think he is the most likely winner

Totally, the best 4/5 ever!

charm city whizz
05-11-2017, 07:01 AM

Hahahahahah that's hilarious 😂😂😂😂

Jocko this is awesome, there will be several of PA finest on the grounds that day, last 2 years I bought one of the tickets to run upstairs and grab drinks all day in the terrace dining room, not easy to see race from there but it's a great room

Please feel free to contact one of us on here to get u a ticket so you can come hang with us downstairs on the pimlico apron, as in my opinion it's one of the best atmospheres in racing

Maybe Thur or fri night we can all get together this year after the races, in past year my handle has dropped off significantly but I'm very exited for the Friday card next week!!!!!!!

Phantom there with his family so prob hard to take him, let's see if we can get you to bring proximity cj or........maybe PA himself can come down for the trip, still can't figure out why he never comes down for this😂😂😂😂

Inner Dirt
05-11-2017, 07:25 AM
Wouldn't that be great!!! My understanding is they will put 25K in my account with the stipulation that I make a win bet on a horse in the Preakness. I have a "representative" that will lead me through the betting process.

When you hit do you get to keep the original $25k also or just the profits?

Exotic1
05-11-2017, 08:20 AM

What about cancelling the bet sometime before the race? Technically, you made the win bet.

Whiff sounds like the person.

Or you could pick me, I can help you. I haven't had the winner of a TC race since the advent of parimutuel betting. I'm due.

AirNate012
05-11-2017, 09:31 AM

Totally agreed. Even with AD @ 4/5 you just made yourself an easy $22.5k

Or take Classic Empire @ 4/1 and make yourself $100k...

Decisions decisions.....:headbanger:

MonmouthParkJoe
05-11-2017, 09:40 AM
That is fantastic and good luck! Looks like it will be in the 80s, perfect weather.

And yes i agree with many of the posters, I would take 4/5 with a free $25k bet any day of the week!

Robert Fischer
05-11-2017, 10:32 AM
some great guys from the Baltimore area here - Cj, Whiffleball Whizz, Proximity, all come to mind.

I'm not in the running for the guest ticket, but I'll be in the Glen Burnie area, Preakness week + weekend.
If I hit something ;) it might be fun to do something with some of the local members.

As far as any wagering advice = I'm sure you know a thing or two, to be playing online, and eligible for a contest. Only advice is to have a great time.

charm city whizz
05-11-2017, 12:54 PM
some great guys from the Baltimore area here - Cj, Whiffleball Whizz, Proximity, all come to mind.

I'm not in the running for the guest ticket, but I'll be in the Glen Burnie area, Preakness week + weekend.
If I hit something ;) it might be fun to do something with some of the local members.

As far as any wagering advice = I'm sure you know a thing or two, to be playing online, and eligible for a contest. Only advice is to have a great time.

That's great your coming down Robert!!!! Where u staying in glen burnie??

And jocko I'm also not in running but will be up in terrace, you will leave pimlico loving it if you've never been there before

jimmyb
05-11-2017, 01:28 PM

Good luck,

Geoff

Congratulations!!! Don't spend the 25K in one place. lol

jocko699
05-11-2017, 01:31 PM
Hahahahahah that's hilarious ��������

Jocko this is awesome, there will be several of PA finest on the grounds that day, last 2 years I bought one of the tickets to run upstairs and grab drinks all day in the terrace dining room, not easy to see race from there but it's a great room

Please feel free to contact one of us on here to get u a ticket so you can come hang with us downstairs on the pimlico apron, as in my opinion it's one of the best atmospheres in racing

Maybe Thur or fri night we can all get together this year after the races, in past year my handle has dropped off significantly but I'm very exited for the Friday card next week!!!!!!!

Phantom there with his family so prob hard to take him, let's see if we can get you to bring proximity cj or........maybe PA himself can come down for the trip, still can't figure out why he never comes down for this��������

Sounds great. I will send a PM next week and we can finalize a schedule.

jocko699
05-11-2017, 01:33 PM

I would hope all of it!!!!!

jocko699
05-11-2017, 05:02 PM

And jocko I'm also not in running but will be up in terrace, you will leave pimlico loving it if you've never been there before

Never been there and I can't wait. Found out they are putting me up at the Courtyard inner harbor.

jocko699
05-13-2017, 10:35 AM
Next week isn't coming fast enough!!!!!

Robert Fischer
05-13-2017, 10:57 AM
Courtyard inner harbor.

If that's the one I'm thinking of, It's in Baltimore's upscale 'Harbor East'. East side of the harbor in a nice shopping/hotel/restaurant neighborhood. Be sure to check out the Harbor(couple blocks west), Fells Point (couple more blocks east). Also close to Little Italy.

Hey Whizz :jump: , Check your pms

jocko699
05-13-2017, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=Robert Fischer;2167685]If that's the one I'm thinking of, It's in Baltimore's upscale 'Harbor East'. East side of the harbor in a nice shopping/hotel/restaurant neighborhood. Be sure to check out the Harbor(couple blocks west), Fells Point (couple more blocks east). Also close to Little Italy.

Thank you and I will.

depalma113
05-14-2017, 08:53 AM

Good luck,

Geoff

So your saying I didn't win. LOL!

Seriously, congrats! That is awesome! Enjoy it and may your horse finish first!

tanner12oz
05-15-2017, 08:55 PM
I'll be there both Friday and Saturday..good luck could be a life changer. I got picked for a game show a few years back..made a little over 1k but others made much much more..was crazy

jocko699
05-15-2017, 09:05 PM
So your saying I didn't win. LOL!

Seriously, congrats! That is awesome! Enjoy it and may your horse finish first!

Thank you sir!! Hoping all horses finish safely and my horse DOES finish first!!!

jocko699
05-15-2017, 09:06 PM
I'll be there both Friday and Saturday..good luck could be a life changer. I got picked for a game show a few years back..made a little over 1k but others made much much more..was crazy

What game show? That would be a blast. If you want PM me and we can meet. There are some other guys coming down from PA and it could be fun.

Sunday Silence
05-16-2017, 01:57 AM
Congrats! What a thrill of a lifetime. Enjoy the day and soak up the experience. Totally your call/gut. I do think there are only 2 likely winners. Always Dreaming at 3/5 or 4/5 or Classic Empire at around 3-1. Really believe everyone else is running for minor awards. Conquest Mo Money is not good enough to steal this, and everyone running from off of it is not in the same class as the top 2. Good luck choosing which one!

PaceAdvantage
05-16-2017, 09:35 AM
If I get to talk on TV I told PA I will give a shout out to this site.BTW, if you get that to happen, you will be my favorite poster here EVAH! :lol::lol::lol::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

jocko699
05-16-2017, 06:46 PM
BTW, if you get that to happen, you will be my favorite poster here EVAH! :lol::lol::lol::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

If Eddie does a quick interview with me it will happen. From then on I would like to be referred as "The Exalted One."

Seriously though, I should know my schedule for Saturday by Friday night after I meet the company's director of communication. I will post anything relevant later Friday evening.

Inner Dirt
05-17-2017, 03:16 PM
Thank you sir!! Hoping all horses finish safely and my horse DOES finish first!!!

What horse is that? I am taking a sabbatical from betting have no favorite horses or trainers so all I got when I tune in is to pull for your horse. I am quiet in public and the exact opposite from home, will be alone and the nearest neighbor 1/4 mile away so I can give it both barrels. Who am I rooting for??

Si2see
05-17-2017, 04:50 PM
jocko699,

congrats on being picked as the big winner. Do you remember how entries you had to the contest ? I have never even been picked as one of the $100 winners :lol:

jocko699
05-17-2017, 05:42 PM
What horse is that? I am taking a sabbatical from betting have no favorite horses or trainers so all I got when I tune in is to pull for your horse. I am quiet in public and the exact opposite from home, will be alone and the nearest neighbor 1/4 mile away so I can give it both barrels. Who am I rooting for??

Inner,

I will post here Saturday. I received the instructions today and 25K will be deposited in my account Saturday am. I have to make the bet by 10 minutes to post so I am hoping to catch them in the paddock. There is a representative who I will have a direct line to for the wager.

jocko699
05-17-2017, 05:44 PM
jocko699,

congrats on being picked as the big winner. Do you remember how entries you had to the contest ? I have never even been picked as one of the $100 winners :lol:

Si2see, I had over 1200 entries. I do play Santa Anita and knew I would receive extra entries. I had never one anything over the years from any of the websites that I use.

señorclipclop
05-17-2017, 06:10 PM
Si2see, I had over 1200 entries. I do play Santa Anita and knew I would receive extra entries. I had never one anything over the years from any of the websites that I use.

Have you thought about placing any hedge bets on a few others?

jocko699
05-17-2017, 06:21 PM
Have you thought about placing any hedge bets on a few others?

I believe I have to bet the entire 25K on one horse. I will make the bet with confidence and know that it is free money.

jocko699
05-17-2017, 06:22 PM
Si2see, I had over 1200 entries. I do play Santa Anita and knew I would receive extra entries. I had never won anything over the years from any of the websites that I use.

Edited.

señorclipclop
05-17-2017, 07:06 PM
I believe I have to bet the entire 25K on one horse. I will make the bet with confidence and know that it is free money.

I meant something out of pocket, ex: if you bet the free $25k on Always Dreaming, so you put a grand on Conquest Mo Money.

jocko699
05-17-2017, 07:10 PM
I meant something out of pocket, ex: if you bet the free $25k on Always Dreaming, so you put a grand on Conquest Mo Money.

OK, I understand. No I will not. I would do that if my money was involved in a P-4 or P-6 and I am alive in the final race yet may be concerned about one horse I left off the ticket.

luisbe
05-17-2017, 08:22 PM
If CE would be 4-1 I'd place the 25k on AD and 5k from my pocket on CE

jocko699
05-17-2017, 08:28 PM
If CE would be 4-1 I'd place the 25k on AD and 5k from my pocket on CE

Interesting but I think CE will be 5/2.

ReplayRandall
05-17-2017, 09:22 PM
Dutching the Race using Free Bet

1. Multiplier, Brendan Walsh/Joel Rosario, 30-1..........................Bet 1.3K

2. Cloud Computing (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-2017-horses-cloud-computing/100597802/), Chad Brown/Javier Castellano, 12-1............Bet 3.1K

3. Hence (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-horses-hence/100577162/), Steve Asmussen/Florent Geroux, 20-1........................Bet 2K

4. Always Dreaming (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-2017-horses-always-dreaming/100618416/), Todd Pletcher/John Velazquez, 4-5..............Free Bet

5. Classic Empire (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-2017-horses-classic-empire/100616486/), Mark Casse/Julien Leparoux, 3-1....................Bet 10K

6. Gunnevera (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-2017-horses-gunnevera/100618556/), Antonio Sano/Mike Smith, 15-1...........................Bet 2.6K

7. Term of Art, Doug O'Neill/Jose Ortiz, 30-1..............................Bet 1.3K

8. Senior Investment (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-2017-horses-senior-investment/100600610/), Ken McPeek/Channing Hill, 30-1................Bet 1.3K

9. Lookin At Lee (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-2017-horses-lookin-lee/100598284/), Steve Asmussen/Corey Lanerie, 10-1................Bet 3.7K

10. Conquest Mo Money, Miguel Hernandez/Jorge Carreno, 15-1...Bet 2.6K

Total Outlay- $27,900

Payouts per M/L (Adjustments for actual odds, if needed)

1. $40,300
2. $40,300
3. $42,000
4. $45,000
5. $40,000
6. $41,600
7. $40,300
8. $40,300
9. $40,700
10$41,600

Sure profit Minimum $12,100 (No taxes)

Sure profit Maximum $17,100 (Free Bet, but Taxes)

whodoyoulike
05-17-2017, 09:24 PM
Interesting but I think CE will be 5/2.

Good luck! Try to get a good night's rest on Friday.

jocko699
05-17-2017, 09:28 PM

1. Multiplier, Brendan Walsh/Joel Rosario, 30-1..........................Bet 1.3K

2. Cloud Computing (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-2017-horses-cloud-computing/100597802/), Chad Brown/Javier Castellano, 12-1............Bet 3.1K

3. Hence (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-horses-hence/100577162/), Steve Asmussen/Florent Geroux, 20-1........................Bet 2K

4. Always Dreaming (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-2017-horses-always-dreaming/100618416/), Todd Pletcher/John Velazquez, 4-5..............Free Bet

5. Classic Empire (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-2017-horses-classic-empire/100616486/), Mark Casse/Julien Leparoux, 3-1....................Bet 10K

6. Gunnevera (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-2017-horses-gunnevera/100618556/), Antonio Sano/Mike Smith, 15-1...........................Bet 2.6K

7. Term of Art, Doug O'Neill/Jose Ortiz, 30-1..............................Bet 1.3K

8. Senior Investment (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-2017-horses-senior-investment/100600610/), Ken McPeek/Channing Hill, 30-1................Bet 1.3K

9. Lookin At Lee (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-2017-horses-lookin-lee/100598284/), Steve Asmussen/Corey Lanerie, 10-1................Bet 3.7K

Total Outlay- $27,900

1. $40,300
2. $40,300
3. $42,000
4. $45,000
5. $40,000
6. $41,600
7. $40,300
8. $40,300
9. $40,700
10$41,600

Very interesting and ty for that!!!!

jocko699
05-17-2017, 09:34 PM
Good luck! Try to get a good night's rest on Friday.

Thank you and I will. I have a feeling I will be pretty tired after hanging with the PA crew on Friday.

AirNate012
05-17-2017, 11:18 PM

Total Outlay- $27,900

1. $40,300
2. $40,300
3. $42,000
4. $45,000
5. $40,000
6. $41,600
7. $40,300
8. $40,300
9. $40,700
10$41,600

That's a hell of a way to literally guarantee yourself a profit!!!

The only I question I have is...do you get to keep the original $25k that they gave you to wager with? Or do they just give you the payout minus the original $25k? If you get to keep original $25k, you are good to go.

Gerard02
05-18-2017, 07:40 AM
Yes, you have. I almost went to the 2015 Breeders Cup, but it fell through at the last moment. I've seen American Pharoah win the Triple Crown at Belmont. I can now say, I was there, like those who saw Secretariat win the Crown. Enjoy your day. Winner!

castaway01
05-18-2017, 08:27 AM

Sharp advice.

And congratulations Jocko/Geoff. Hope whoever you put the $25K on cruises home.

Mc990
05-18-2017, 09:37 AM

This is the all important question in determining the value of this...

Si2see
05-18-2017, 10:50 AM

Thanks, I was around the 500-600 range so now I know the number I need to get to next year :lol:

jocko699
05-18-2017, 11:38 AM
This is the all important question in determining the value of this...

Yes you keep it all.

AirNate012
05-18-2017, 12:23 PM
Yes you keep it all.

Wow, if you can keep the original $25k+ your profit, I'd definitely Dutch this race like ReplayRandall mapped out!

AirNate012
05-18-2017, 12:28 PM
Yes you keep it all.

I would double check, this is straight from Xpressbet's site regarding the contest.

http://www.xpressbet.com/landing/25k-preakness-bet.html#3

"
Giveaway Drawing

Grand Prize:

Trip for 2 to Preakness Stakes, including:

accommodations for three (3) nights for two (2) persons at a hotel in or near Baltimore, Maryland;
tickets for two (2) persons to Pimlico, Home of the Preakness, in Baltimore, Maryland on May 19 and 20, 2017.
$1,200 for airfare and ground transportation.

Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and must be booked by May 9, 2017.
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $3,000.
$25,000 wagering voucher for a WIN wager on Preakness Stakes race.

The WIN wager funds will be deposited into winner's Xpressbet wagering account and may not be withdrawn. Winner has not won Twenty Five Thousand Dollars ($25,000) but has simply won the right to direct one (1) free WIN wager in the amount of Twenty Five Thousand Dollars ($25,000) which will be placed on one (1) horse selected by winner. The free wager itself has no cash value to winner and cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash by winner. The $25,000 WIN wager must be placed by winner on one (1) horse participating in the 2017 Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Maryland (or another race selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Failure by winner to place the full amount of the wager on the Preakness Stakes race will result in forfeiture of this portion of the Grand Prize. Winner will win the proceeds, if any, of the free wager to be redeemed in accordance with all Xpressbet policies and procedures. If the 2017 Preakness Stakes is cancelled for any reason, the free $25,000 WIN wager portion of the Grand Prize will not be awarded and the remaining elements of the Grand Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor's prize obligation to winner and no additional compensation will be awarded."

jocko699
05-18-2017, 12:47 PM
I would double check, this is straight from Xpressbet's site regarding the contest.

http://www.xpressbet.com/landing/25k-preakness-bet.html#3

"
Giveaway Drawing

Grand Prize:

Trip for 2 to Preakness Stakes, including:

accommodations for three (3) nights for two (2) persons at a hotel in or near Baltimore, Maryland;
tickets for two (2) persons to Pimlico, Home of the Preakness, in Baltimore, Maryland on May 19 and 20, 2017.
$1,200 for airfare and ground transportation.

Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and must be booked by May 9, 2017.
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $3,000.
$25,000 wagering voucher for a WIN wager on Preakness Stakes race.

The WIN wager funds will be deposited into winner's Xpressbet wagering account and may not be withdrawn. Winner has not won Twenty Five Thousand Dollars ($25,000) but has simply won the right to direct one (1) free WIN wager in the amount of Twenty Five Thousand Dollars ($25,000) which will be placed on one (1) horse selected by winner. The free wager itself has no cash value to winner and cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash by winner. The $25,000 WIN wager must be placed by winner on one (1) horse participating in the 2017 Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Maryland (or another race selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Failure by winner to place the full amount of the wager on the Preakness Stakes race will result in forfeiture of this portion of the Grand Prize. Winner will win the proceeds, if any, of the free wager to be redeemed in accordance with all Xpressbet policies and procedures. If the 2017 Preakness Stakes is cancelled for any reason, the free $25,000 WIN wager portion of the Grand Prize will not be awarded and the remaining elements of the Grand Prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor's prize obligation to winner and no additional compensation will be awarded."

Yea and I have the rules sent yesterday but thanks.

Mc990
05-18-2017, 01:24 PM
It reads like you don't keep the 25k, which would make sense

Inner Dirt
05-18-2017, 01:28 PM
They way I read it they either keep $25k of the payout if Jocko wins or the $25k is lost if Jocko's selection does not win. Do the masses agree or disagree? I hope for Jocko's sake I am wrong.

AirNate012
05-18-2017, 02:10 PM
The rules read the same as the Twin Spires contest for the Derby ($25k win bet instead of $10k win bet though).

The contest winner gets a free $25k win wager on 1 horse in the race. If your horse wins, you keep the payout on that wager minus the $25k. This rules out dutching the race like ReplayRandall pointed out. But hey, it's gonna be one hell of a thrill if Jocko's win bet comes home on top!!! :headbanger:

ReplayRandall
05-18-2017, 02:40 PM

1. Multiplier, Brendan Walsh/Joel Rosario, 30-1..........................Bet $650

2. Cloud Computing (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-2017-horses-cloud-computing/100597802/), Chad Brown/Javier Castellano, 12-1..........Bet $1,550

3. Hence (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-horses-hence/100577162/), Steve Asmussen/Florent Geroux, 20-1........................Bet 1K

5. Classic Empire (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-2017-horses-classic-empire/100616486/), Mark Casse/Julien Leparoux, 3-1....................Bet 5K

6. Gunnevera (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-2017-horses-gunnevera/100618556/), Antonio Sano/Mike Smith, 15-1...........................Bet 1.3K

7. Term of Art, Doug O'Neill/Jose Ortiz, 30-1..............................Bet $650

8. Senior Investment (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-2017-horses-senior-investment/100600610/), Ken McPeek/Channing Hill, 30-1................Bet $650

9. Lookin At Lee (http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/triple/derby/2017/04/20/kentucky-derby-2017-horses-lookin-lee/100598284/), Steve Asmussen/Corey Lanerie, 10-1..............Bet $1850

10. Conquest Mo Money, Miguel Hernandez/Jorge Carreno, 15-1...Bet 1.3K

Total Outlay- $13,950

1. $20,150
2. $20,150
3. $21,000
4. $20,000
5. $20,000
6. $20,800
7. $20,150
8. $20,150
9. $20,350
10$20,800

Sure profit Minimum $6,050 (No taxes)

Sure profit on Free Bet $6,050 (Pay Taxes)

Sure profit Maximum $7,050 (No taxes)

Above is REVISED for Free Bet Net Profit by Rule....

Inner Dirt
05-18-2017, 03:17 PM

What is the tipping point where dutching won't guarantee a profit?

I take it you are assuming Always Dreaming pays $3.60 to win.

ReplayRandall
05-18-2017, 03:36 PM
What is the tipping point where dutching won't guarantee a profit?

I take it you are assuming Always Dreaming pays $3.60 to win.

1 to 2 kills profit if Always Dreaming wins.....Actually will show a loss of $1,450 in addition to (taxes on $12.5K from Twinspires "prize")....:ThmbDown:

Bottom-line, IMO I would bet the $25K on Cloud Computing at 12-1, if it hits----------->$300,000

thaskalos
05-18-2017, 03:38 PM
Bottom-line, IMO I would bet the $25K on Cloud Computing at 12-1, if it hits----------->$300,000

I won $300,000 once...and I thought it was a "life-changing" score. Alas...I was back at my regular job in 18 months.

ReplayRandall
05-18-2017, 03:43 PM
I won $300,000 once...and I thought it was a "life-changing" score. Alas...I was back at my regular job in 18 months.

As Vice-President of a bank, perhaps?.....Seems to be the trend right now.

boys at tosconova
05-18-2017, 04:32 PM

it's smart to save like this. 6/7k is a nice score

and even if you don't cover up yourself for that much of a net profit by not having that much cash on hand, you should bet at least 1/3 of that 13/14K cost bet. by betting, 4.5K try and walk away with at least 2/2.5k net profit. should AD not win :(

obv you don't want this. and it will give you some hella juice to root like hell for AD for around 10K after all is said and done

whodoyoulike
05-18-2017, 05:08 PM
Wow, if you can keep the original $25k+ your profit, I'd definitely Dutch this race like ReplayRandall mapped out!

I think he stated he has to bet it all on only one horse.

ReplayRandall
05-18-2017, 05:13 PM
Whodo, read post #63 first, then 78 & 79, you'll be up to speed in this thread....

whodoyoulike
05-18-2017, 05:54 PM
Whodo, read post #63 first, then 78 & 79, you'll be up to speed in this thread....

I thought I was up to speed.

I was responding to Airnate012's post #73 based on jocko699's previous post #57.

Julz
05-18-2017, 11:01 PM
You can lay it all in on CE or Gunnevera for a big score. You don't want to be left holding nothing on a 4/5 chalk.

señorclipclop
05-18-2017, 11:02 PM

Could've retired to Belize on that.

señorclipclop
05-18-2017, 11:03 PM
You can lay it all in on CE or Gunnevera for a big score. You don't want to be left holding nothing on a 4/5 chalk.

$25k on Term of Art at 40-1... a cool $1 million.

Julz
05-18-2017, 11:17 PM
$25k on Term of Art at 40-1... a cool $1 million.
I like your style

PaceAdvantage
05-18-2017, 11:27 PM
It reads like you don't keep the 25k, which would make senseOf course he keeps the 25k if he wins.

Read the rules.

It says you keep the proceeds from the wager. If I wager $2 on a 2-1 shot, what are my proceeds? $6. The teller doesn't hand me only $4.

It doesn't say you keep the net profit from the wager. It says you keep the proceeds. That means you keep everything that's coming to you if the horse wins.

Dull
05-19-2017, 05:36 AM
If it were me, I'd very likely lay it on Always Dreaming. Obviously the worst case scenario is another horse wins. The second to worse case scenario is Always Dreaming wins but goes off at 1-2 odds, paying a meager $12,500. Lol. Not exactly the end of the world there. I'd take it. Now, with real money at stake I would see every horse as having an equal chance and overanalyze it to death. But sitting where I am with nothing to win or lose, Always Dreaming looks like the way to go.

Congratulations and Good luck!

AirNate012
05-19-2017, 09:47 AM

That's correct. I was talking about using his own money to Dutch bet the race on the side as Randall pointed out. If he gets to keep the original $25k as well as the profit from the wager, then it would be a great opportunity to bet the race as Randall outlined (I would hope this is the case, but in the similar TwinSpires derby contest, the winner would only receive the profit off the win wager, and wouldn't get to keep the original win wager as it held no cash value and was a "voucher"). But if they are only allowing him to collect the profit from the original $25k wager, then it makes it more difficult to dutch bet the race for a guaranteed profit unless AD is 4/5+. Hopefully this makes more sense.

depalma113
05-19-2017, 10:47 AM
That's correct. I was talking about using his own money to Dutch bet the race on the side as Randall pointed out. If he gets to keep the original $25k as well as the profit from the wager, then it would be a great opportunity to bet the race as Randall outlined (I would hope this is the case, but in the similar TwinSpires derby contest, the winner would only receive the profit off the win wager, and wouldn't get to keep the original win wager as it held no cash value and was a "voucher"). But if they are only allowing him to collect the profit from the original $25k wager, then it makes it more difficult to dutch bet the race for a guaranteed profit unless AD is 4/5+. Hopefully this makes more sense.

The only way you could not keep the original win wager is if it never went into the pool. If the money goes into the pool and you have the ticket, they couldn't touch any of it if it wins.

PaceAdvantage
05-19-2017, 11:12 AM
Of course he keeps the 25k if he wins.

Read the rules.

It says you keep the proceeds from the wager. If I wager $2 on a 2-1 shot, what are my proceeds? $6. The teller doesn't hand me only $4.

It doesn't say you keep the net profit from the wager. It says you keep the proceeds. That means you keep everything that's coming to you if the horse wins.BTW, I reread this this morning and now I'm thinking maybe he doesn't get to keep the $25k...can anybody spell it out for me? :lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-19-2017, 11:13 AM
The only way you could not keep the original win wager is if it never went into the pool. If the money goes into the pool and you have the ticket, they couldn't touch any of it if it wins.I think he actually makes the wager through their ADW...which adds a further wrinkle to the story.

señorclipclop
05-19-2017, 11:18 AM

It'd be a great thing to do if you could accomplish Step 1: Acquire $27,000.

Inner Dirt
05-19-2017, 12:30 PM
BTW, I reread this this morning and now I'm thinking maybe he doesn't get to keep the $25k...can anybody spell it out for me? :lol:

I think the line " proceeds from the wager" make it sound to me that the "the wager" and "proceeds" are separate. Definitely confusing wording. Jocko needs to relay the official meaning, inquiring minds want to know. It also says he cannot withdraw the $25,000, that makes me think he will only keep the profits, hope I am wrong.

Dull
05-19-2017, 01:05 PM
I'd be surpried if he keeps the $25,000 but I could be wrong. I'd just be happy having the chance to win thousands of free money on the favorite. Or a longshot if you have the guts. I'd be taking Always Dreaming

jocko699
05-19-2017, 06:10 PM
There will not be a save bet. I am a retired and disabled veteran that is doing just fine.

I could use some insight on who and why you believe a horse will win.

The plan tomorrow is I will be interviewed by NBC prior to the 9th race. I will watch the race from the winner's circle with a very close friend of mine. Mike, I will mention PA.

I will create a new thread tomorrow stating the horse I am wagering on.

I had the pleasure of meeting a few guys from here today at Pimlico, charm and phantom and really enjoyed it. The table I have in the dining room was wonderful and tomorrow will be even better.

I wish all of you GL tomorrow.

Aloha,

Geoff

Vinnie
05-19-2017, 06:51 PM
jocko699:

Have an awesome time tomorrow!! :) I truly wish you good fortune in your prospective wager.

jocko699
05-19-2017, 06:56 PM
jocko699:

Have an awesome time tomorrow!! :) I truly wish you good fortune in your prospective wager.

Vinnie,

Thanks for that!!!

boys at tosconova
05-19-2017, 07:02 PM
There will not be a save bet. I am a retired and disabled veteran that is doing just fine.

with a statement like this and a carefree approach to free money it leads me to believe that you might play a longshot in here, if you're doing just fine.

most vets i know of aren't doing prosperous enough to turn down a guaranteed profit by not making saver bets. most are often discarded and not treated like they should by many people.

this even isn't about "vets" imo it's about common sense and valuing money.

Vinnie
05-19-2017, 07:05 PM
Do it for the Sooners jocko699. Back in 1995 to 1998, I formerly lived in Mustang, OK, and, also for a time not far from the N.W. Expressway in downtown OKC!! After you hit that Big Race it could be too late to fulfill the request, but, maybe we could get the Sooner Schooner to take a run around the oval in celebration immediately after the race. What do you think? I think that it would be pretty cool... :lol:

jocko699
05-19-2017, 07:44 PM
Do it for the Sooners jocko699. Back in 1995 to 1998, I formerly lived in Mustang, OK, and, also for a time not far from the N.W. Expressway in downtown OKC!! After you hit that Big Race it could be too late to fulfill the request, but, maybe we could get the Sooner Schooner to take a run around the oval in celebration immediately after the race. What do you think? I think that it would be pretty cool... :lol:

Vinnie,

I go to Mustang quite a bit. I live by South Lakes off of SW 119th. Small world eh?

whodoyoulike
05-19-2017, 07:51 PM
I just did a search for both 'Horse Racing' and then 'Pimlico' to record and get zero results for tomorrow (Saturday).

Is this race going to be on TV or is it another Derby TV blackout?

jocko699
05-19-2017, 07:53 PM
I just did a search for both 'Horse Racing' and then 'Pimlico' to record and get zero results for tomorrow (Saturday).

Is this race going to be on TV or is it another Derby TV blackout?

Supposed to be on NBC at 3:00 or 4:00pm EST.

whodoyoulike
05-19-2017, 07:53 PM
Vinnie,

I go to Mustang quite a bit. I live by South Lakes off of SW 119th. Small world eh?

Have you been following the posts asking what exactly you will receive, I think you should check before race?

whodoyoulike
05-19-2017, 07:55 PM
Supposed to be on NBC at 3:00 or 4:00pm EST.

Thanks.

I don't understand why it doesn't come in my DVR search. I'll check the NBC channels around those times in my area.

jocko699
05-19-2017, 07:58 PM
Have you been following the posts asking what exactly you will receive, I think you should check before race?

I only read the rules they sent me including the person and the 2 lines dedicated to me for the wager but I did not verify.

I will verify before the race.

Vinnie
05-19-2017, 08:02 PM
Vinnie,

It is indeed sir. It is indeed. I am really pulling for you tomorrow jocko699. Nothing but excellent karma to you!!!:)

charm city whizz
05-19-2017, 08:55 PM
Had a blast today, met up with phantom and jocko, awesome guys, Heinekens were flowing, I didn't drink one but that's besides the point, best part of day was seeing phantom with a clear mind after his health scare lingering last susan day

On to jocko, Geoff guy as good as it gets, you guys will see him I believe around the 8th, you guys will love him, as sharp as it gets and just really fun to listen too and former vet, told him if he ever can pop off a price in this race guy would have a future on tv👍👍👍👍👍👍

Gonna root my heart out for whoever he has, and PA getting mentioned is gonna be a win win for all on here

and to PA himself got you a Preakness glass, will be in better shape then the crumpled up California chrome ticket I got you 3 years ago😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

PaceAdvantage
05-20-2017, 12:25 AM
Mike, I will mention PA.Very cool...however, unless they broadcast you live, they'll probably cut it out somehow...:lol:

I REALLY HOPE YOU CASH THIS SUCKER! :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
05-20-2017, 12:26 AM
and to PA himself got you a Preakness glass, will be in better shape then the crumpled up California chrome ticket I got you 3 years ago😂😂😂😂😂😂😂Oh man...thanks for that...I think I've moved since then...LOL

oughtoh
05-20-2017, 12:56 AM
Good luck tomorrow and hope you cash the bet.

charm city whizz
05-20-2017, 01:49 AM
0.0000001 the 25k goes in on the :4: and that's takes a ton of heart I can't wait to see this unfold gonna be great TV

Too funny, brought my girlfriend to the track today, she met Geoff later on in evening at dinner she says text Geoff and wish him good luck.....then pure gold came....

She says "do you think the track will fix the race so his horse doesn't win":lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol:

I said no that won't be an issue:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Inner Dirt
05-20-2017, 02:47 PM
Any update on who Jocko is taking?

Mike Hawk
05-20-2017, 03:49 PM
I've been following this thread for the last week, and first off, let me say congrats to jocko for winning this contest!

However, I watched the NBC coverage and didn't see the interview. Maybe I missed it?

Also, anyone have a clue which horse he put the 25k on?
I didn't see the thread he said he would post today telling us which horse he chose. I'd just really like to root for a horse since I was not able to bet this years Preakness.

cj
05-20-2017, 04:00 PM
Just saw you're from OKC! Good luck!

cj
05-20-2017, 04:02 PM
Vinnie, thanks and I will have a good time. If I get to talk on TV I told PA I will give a shout out to this site.

And he did! Very nice of you to do.

depalma113
05-20-2017, 04:02 PM
Nice shoutout!!!!

Boris
05-20-2017, 04:03 PM
Great call out for Paceadvantage!!

Good Luck with Classic Empire!

Grits
05-20-2017, 04:04 PM
JOCKO GAVE A SHOUT OUT TO HIS FRIENDS AT...

PACE ADVANTAGE!!!!

MUCH, MUCH GOOD LUCK TO YOU TODAY, JOCKO!!!

BLESS YOUR HEART. :)

Mike Hawk
05-20-2017, 04:04 PM
I've been following this thread for the last week, and first off, let me say congrats to jocko for winning this contest!

However, I watched the NBC coverage and didn't see the interview. Maybe I missed it?

Also, anyone have a clue which horse he put the 25k on?
I didn't see the thread he said he would post today telling us which horse he chose. I'd just really like to root for a horse since I was not able to bet this years Preakness.

If I only waited another 5 minutes ... :D Just saw it. He chose Classic Empire if anybody is wondering!

Good Luck!!!

cj
05-20-2017, 04:13 PM
Vinnie,

Hey, not far from me either. I play tennis at Earlywine all the time.

dylbert
05-20-2017, 04:14 PM
Great job with TV segment, Geoff! An excellent selection, too. Enjoy this fantastic experience for entire PA Nation.

jocko699
05-20-2017, 04:21 PM
"Exalted One," thank you.

cj
05-20-2017, 04:23 PM

I think PA can make that happen, make it your actual screen name!

Who wound up going with you? I couldn't find it.

jocko699
05-20-2017, 05:52 PM
I will watch the race from the winner's circle.

Vinnie
05-20-2017, 05:54 PM
Fingers and Toes all completely crossed for you brother.... :)

parlay
05-20-2017, 06:47 PM
Hence looks like a monster on the track

depalma113
05-20-2017, 07:02 PM
Screw Cloud Computing. You were home free. You didn't deserve that bad beat.

handyman1968
05-20-2017, 07:10 PM
Horrible ride imo. You deserve better...that was a bad beat of epic proportion!

PaceAdvantage
05-20-2017, 07:19 PM
That really sucked...I was rooting for you and thought you were gonna get there...

BUT THANK YOU FOR THE SHOUTOUT....THAT WAS EPIC COOL!

Grits
05-20-2017, 07:27 PM
Jocko, I'm sure your nerves are frayed to the max. Still, in spite of the race's outcome, I think you're one lucky man who experienced an incredible opportunity. And who, under pressure on a live telecast, had the grace, the class, to remember his family and his friends!!

This says far more about you than any loss.

Take care of yourself, and blessings to you and your family.

whodoyoulike
05-20-2017, 08:12 PM

You'll now have a great story to tell and the memories (priceless!!).

NorCalGreg
05-20-2017, 08:49 PM
As Vice-President of a bank, perhaps?.....Seems to be the trend right now.

LMAO....I don't know how I missed this thread:lol:

I'm wondering how thask managed to stretch 300K out for a year and a half.

WINMANWIN
05-20-2017, 08:54 PM
You'll now have a great story to tell and the memories (priceless!!).

Saw you on T.V. JOCKO, Your a CLASS GUY indeed. I know your pain. Had Classic Empire keyed on Win End in 6 buck Supers. :mad:not enough liquor at the bar tonight.:bang:

Inner Dirt
05-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Even had my girlfriend pulling for you who isn't into sports. I explained why we had to watch the Preakness. Maybe I cursed you when I yelled "mark him up at the 1/8 pole, the guy on PA is going to win $50k." Dammit you looked real good for 1:45. I think he got a good ride, you can't let Always Dreaming control the pace.

jocko699
05-20-2017, 09:32 PM
Even had my girlfriend pulling for you who isn't into sports. I explained why we had to watch the Preakness. Maybe I cursed you when I yelled "mark him up at the 1/8 pole, the guy on PA is going to win $50k." Dammit you looked real good for 1:45. I think he got a good ride, you can't let Always Dreaming control the pace.

Thanks to all of you. I will open up another thread in a while explaining all the things that went on. I hope all of you shared a great day with me because at the end of it some excitement with family and friends is all that matters.

Aloha,

Geoff

jocko699
05-20-2017, 10:09 PM
Hey, not far from me either. I play tennis at Earlywine all the time.

CJ,

I play golf there when my back permits. I live in Williamson Farms.

AirNate012
05-21-2017, 12:39 AM
Man I was pulling for you the whole way! He looked AD in the eye and his class showed. Such an awful beat. Great experience though!

jocko699
05-21-2017, 08:43 AM
Believe or not my nerves aren't frayed. I knew I had to work through the handicapping schemes and I maintained discipline. I really thought CE was the class of the race. Because of the statistics of derby starters versus Preakness winner's I had to give the greater adjustment to those KD starters. I thought CC had the best chance of the non-KD starters at Pimlico but I felt Multiplier should have passed this race for the Belmont. That being said I would never have bet CC, never!

Sorry for the rambling. Sitting in a bar at BWI and on my way home. I will be in my recliner for the first at Santa Anita.

Talk to you all later,

Geoff

bugboy
05-21-2017, 10:15 AM
You my friend are a class man.
thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I wish you and your family the best of luck.

Tom
05-21-2017, 10:17 AM
I will be in my recliner for the first at Santa Anita.

:ThmbUp: That's a damn good attitude.
Tough beat - can't imagine a tougher one.

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2017, 11:28 AM
Saw you on T.V. JOCKO, Your a CLASS GUY indeed. I know your pain. Had Classic Empire keyed on Win End in 6 buck Supers. :mad:not enough liquor at the bar tonight.:bang:Holy cow winman....how the hell are you!?!?!?! Haven't seen you around in ages! :faint:

cj
05-22-2017, 12:59 AM
CJ,

I play golf there when my back permits. I live in Williamson Farms.

Let me know when you have time, I'll buy you lunch one day. I've golfed there many times but like you had back issues so haven't played in years. I still get tempted sometimes!

cj
05-22-2017, 01:01 AM
Saw you on T.V. JOCKO, Your a CLASS GUY indeed. I know your pain. Had Classic Empire keyed on Win End in 6 buck Supers. :mad:not enough liquor at the bar tonight.:bang:

OMG it's Joe! How the hell are you man? How your doing well health wise!

jocko699
05-23-2017, 05:23 PM
Let me know when you have time, I'll buy you lunch one day. I've golfed there many times but like you had back issues so haven't played in years. I still get tempted sometimes!

C.J., Sounds great!! I will send you a PM with my number and we'll figure out a good time.

Geoff

jimmyb
05-23-2017, 05:44 PM
Nice job and happy you had a time of it.

garyscpa
05-23-2017, 05:49 PM

I would have thought tennis would be worse on your back than golf.

cj
05-23-2017, 10:10 PM
I would have thought tennis would be worse on your back than golf.

You would think, but hasn't worked out that way for me.

cj
05-23-2017, 10:11 PM
C.J., Sounds great!! I will send you a PM with my number and we'll figure out a good time.

Geoff

Sounds good please do!

RobertCalifornia
05-29-2017, 11:54 PM
This is a tragedy. At least the company should back you up with a place and show bet, that's so cruel. I wouldn't be able to afford insuring the bet, but would have looked for a partner. In retrospect, you didn't really choose this bet, so insuring would have been acceptable. Cloud Computing was a deal, but I can see hoping to keep the bet itself, thinking it was a safer option. At least the $25,000 wasn't yours, keep your head up, you may get another chance someday.