PDA

View Full Version : Do Harness tracks do a poor job of:

Poindexter
05-10-2017, 05:29 AM
Maybe I am one of only 7 people in the country that is on his computer betting harness races, but I swear I get shut out of harness races almost as often as I get my bets in. It seems like the analyst is giving his analysis, so I figure I have time, and then 3 seconds later the gate is rolling(of course online I am already on a delay). I quickly try and put in a bet, shut out. I know the answer is bet earlier, but it is hard to, because you really don't know what the odds are going to be until very late. It seems like a simple 2 minute warning bell or something would suffice, to let me know that if I want to bet, I better get moving. Pompano is pretty good about letting you know the race is about the start. Mohawk/Woodbine have a 60 second clock which is great if I a actually looking at the screen, but I rarely am. Was playing Hoosier and Yonkers Tuesday night and getting shut out far too often.

Anybody else have this problem? Seems to me that a simple warning bell l(like Hollywood park used to have and I think Arlington Park still uses ), would really help their handle. When you are at the track you can sort of get a feel, but when you are playing multiple tracks online, it is really hard to get any kind of feel(at least for me). I know Harness Racing is really thriving and doesn't need the business:rolleyes:..................but I do not think that is much to ask.

lamboguy
05-10-2017, 06:10 AM
the signal you are watching on your computer, at the track or on TVG is always delayed, sometimes as much as 45 seconds.

Poindexter
05-10-2017, 12:52 PM
the signal you are watching on your computer, at the track or on TVG is always delayed, sometimes as much as 45 seconds.

I watch/bet on Twinspires/Expressbet. If I submit the bet when the gate first starts rolling it will go through, if I submit the bet like 5 to 7 seconds later it likely will not. My guess is the delay is closer to 5/7 seconds than 45 seconds.
My point is that as you mentinioned, any of us betting online are on some kind of delay. A simple warning bell a minute or two earlier would alert us to start betting. That can only increase their handle, which they desperately need. It is common sense. Maximize the handle from the people that are actually viewing/betting races that night. I a just curious if I am alone in this (my personal lack of awareness) or others are having this same issue. If it is just me, I'll fix it by paying closer attention. . If it is others too, than the harness tracks need to fix it on their end.

traynor
05-10-2017, 05:03 PM
When you hear "The starter calls for the pacers (or trotters)" ... it is time to bet. It is pointless to delay, because you won't know what the final odds will be until the race is well underway.

titans1127
05-10-2017, 09:50 PM
I find that with TS or XB its about a 20 second delay, usually I can get a bet in between the 1/16th and 1/8th pole if I'm going at the last second. But when I hear that the gates rolling I know thats my absolute last chance.

Fox
05-12-2017, 02:09 AM
Seems like so many of the harness tracks are 0 minutes to post for like 5 minutes. It's annoying. :bang:

Poindexter
05-12-2017, 07:39 AM
Seems like so many of the harness tracks are 0 minutes to post for like 5 minutes. It's annoying. :bang:

I think that is sort of where my problem started. I see 0 minutes to post and I figure I have plenty of time to bet and then suddenly the gate is rolling and poof I get shut out. I have been more alert the last few nights and have been getting my bets in. It appears that it was me failing to adjust. Every track is a little different. I still applaud Pompano as they do the best job of alerting me that I need to get going. With others I just need to be a little more alert.

MutuelClerk
05-18-2017, 11:38 PM
Existing.