And rightfully so !

JustRalph
05-09-2017, 06:22 PM
3 months late

Already a pool on twitter speculating when Hillary has him killed :lol:
Plane crash is the number one cause ala Ron Brown

jk3521
05-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Obama should have fired him last summer.

barahona44
05-09-2017, 06:40 PM
You'd think Trump would be more grateful considering Jimmy handed him the election.

Andy Asaro
05-09-2017, 06:46 PM
The guy was strange and acted strangely in his position as FBI Director. Should have been gone a long time ago.

jk3521
05-09-2017, 06:56 PM
The guy was strange and acted strangely in his position as FBI Director. Should have been gone a long time ago.

It was like he was playing the F.B.I. director in a HBO mini series! Mr. melodramatic !

Andy Asaro
05-09-2017, 07:12 PM
It was like he was playing the F.B.I. director in a HBO mini series! Mr. melodramatic !

Exactly.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/862073335009738752

Andy Asaro
05-09-2017, 07:29 PM
gotta click a couple times to be able to read the letter. And not positive it's the real deal. The poster seems to be a political operative.

JustRalph
05-09-2017, 07:43 PM
Maybe they will impanel a grand jury and submit the case now.

Hillary's phone is burning up

mostpost
05-09-2017, 08:14 PM
Comey was fired because the investigation into the connection between the Trump campaign and Russia was getting too close to the truth. It had nothing to do with Hillary Clinton.

Two things will happen now. The Russia investigation will be put on the back burner and trumped up (no pun intended) charges will be filed against Clinton.

fast4522
05-09-2017, 08:20 PM
Maybe they will impanel a grand jury and submit the case now.

Hillary's phone is burning up

Well, they tried almost everything to obstruct the President in having his team appointed in a timely manner. So I suspect those delays have some effect on this timing of the firing Director James Comey. That being said, I see this as being half of a double barrel shot. I could be very wrong but I see our Attorney General as a by the book thorough man, who in the end may be one of the best AG's in a very very long time.

fast4522
05-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Comey was fired because the investigation into the connection between the Trump campaign and Russia was getting too close to the truth. It had nothing to do with Hillary Clinton.

Two things will happen now. The Russia investigation will be put on the back burner and trumped up (no pun intended) charges will be filed against Clinton.

I hate to deflate your inflated ego but, what if President Donald J. Trump loves this country just as much as he does his fine family. Just maybe could you be just another person who will defend the biggest deviant if it suited your agenda?

incoming
05-09-2017, 08:42 PM
'DRAIN THE SWAMP' just a clean-up job left by the former president. Hope there are many more to come. GO PRESIDENT TRUMP!!!

fast4522
05-09-2017, 08:47 PM
'DRAIN THE SWAMP' just a clean-up job left by the former president. Hope there are many more to come. GO PRESIDENT TRUMP!!!

Like he said.:ThmbUp:

FantasticDan
05-09-2017, 11:11 PM
https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/862069167943503872

PaceAdvantage
05-09-2017, 11:12 PM
I love when you liberals concoct stuff just to sooth yourselves the way no amount of Vodka can...too bad he is nothing like Nixon, will never be impeached, and probably will win reelection in 2020, God-willing.

FantasticDan
05-09-2017, 11:22 PM
Total panic move by an administration so stupid, corrupt, and incompetant that they don't realize that this move only serves to turn up the fire that much hotter.

Tom
05-09-2017, 11:27 PM
What goes around comes around.
Deja vu.....is hillary becoming the next Martha Mitchel?

Unable to walk alone, she is holed up in her apartment, private server in the bathroom, social media her only friend, beside he bottle of Old Hag.
She call is a Pac.....but it is really a Hack.:pound:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Billy Boy is writing a book called the President is Missing. That is just too funny to be true......an account of his "presidential affairs?" :pound::pound::pound:

Tom
05-09-2017, 11:29 PM
Total panic move by an administration so stupid, corrupt, and incompetant that they don't realize that this move only serves to turn up the fire that much hotter.

100% good policy for an employee who acted as Comey did.
Kudos to Trump for firing an incompetent jerk.

BTW, you lefties keep throwing these general terms out there.......no one is buy it. Other than other lefites, the way they bought into hillary was going to win! :pound::pound::pound:

Double down, boys....double down.

davew
05-09-2017, 11:32 PM

WE NEED SPECIAL PROSECUTORS

For the following inconclusive obvious broken laws. Russia meddling in election, Hilary keeping secret emails at home, Clinton Foundation selling access, IRS targeting of non-profit applicants, unmasking of private citizens, fast and furious gun sales to drug lords, leaking of Flynn's name/actions to press, DNC lying about Russia hack of their servers,.....

The most corrupt progressive administration in history, interpreted the laws to their liking .... and it may take a couple to unravel some of their crap.

FantasticDan
05-09-2017, 11:35 PM
https://twitter.com/maddow/status/862140510294749185

johnhannibalsmith
05-09-2017, 11:51 PM
Obama Fires Comey In Midst of Hillary E-mail Investigation

You've got to concede the point a bit unless you're telling me that this would have yielded yawns around here while the pizza joint was obviously a clandestine pedophilia playhouse. I'd have given Obama hell for the timing and maybe even accused him of sabotaging the investigation. It's hard to imagine that I'd be alone or even remotely the loudest.

Tom
05-09-2017, 11:51 PM
Maddow?????
Seriously????

I've heard FARTS make more sense that that moonbat! :pound::pound::pound:

JustRalph
05-10-2017, 02:22 AM

There's no fire....... and if you read the letter from the Deputy Attorney General, you get that Comey stepped out of line last July, and this last week when he testified. He's already had to correct one portion of his testimony and there may be more to come.

This also frees up the Justice Department review the Hillary cases again. If they impanel a grand jury, she is screwed because Comey cannot protect Hill or Mrs. Wiener

hcap
05-10-2017, 03:08 AM
I love when you liberals concoct stuff just to sooth yourselves the way no amount of Vodka can...too bad he is nothing like Nixon, will never be impeached, and probably will win reelection in 2020, God-willing.Sorry to burst you bubble, but it is not only liberals
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/republicans-question-comey-firing

Congressional GOPers Question Trump’s Firing Of James Comey

Only a matter of time.

EasyGoer89
05-10-2017, 03:19 AM

MUH RUSSIA!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZHvd0ks7Es&app=desktop

EasyGoer89
05-10-2017, 03:20 AM
https://twitter.com/maddow/status/862140510294749185

NYT : Fake News

hcap
05-10-2017, 03:30 AM
Sorry to burst you bubble, but it is not only liberals
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/republicans-question-comey-firing

Congressional GOPers Question Trump’s Firing Of James Comey

Only a matter of time.More repugs react and they are not taking it well.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/05/09/the_troubled_responses_of_republicans_to_comey_s_f iring.html

hcap
05-10-2017, 03:58 AM
i know everyone loves Colbert. So.....

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/my-heart-is-thumping-watch-stephen-colbert-break-the-news-that-trump-fired-comey-to-his-audience/

hcap
05-10-2017, 04:34 AM
Be afraid, very afraid.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/10/comey-firing-trump-russia-238192

Behind Comey’s firing: An enraged Trump, fuming about Russia

The president deliberated for more than a week before ousting the FBI chief who was investigating Trump associates.

He had grown enraged by the Russia investigation, two advisers said, frustrated by his inability to control the mushrooming narrative around Russia. He repeatedly asked aides why the Russia investigation wouldn’t disappear and demanded they speak out for him. He would sometimes scream at television clips about the probe, one adviser said.

...Trump had grown angry with the Russia investigation — particularly Comey admitting in front of the Senate that the FBI was investigating his campaign — and that the FBI director wouldn't support his claims that President Barack Obama had tapped his phones in Trump Tower.

dkithore
05-10-2017, 05:32 AM

Can you try to be less predictable? Boring as hell to hear the same drum beat. I respect free speech but can you for change be original like Tom. Just once. Please surprise us. Lol.

dkithore
05-10-2017, 05:36 AM
Be afraid, very afraid.

The president deliberated for more than a week before ousting the FBI chief who was investigating Trump associates.

He had grown enraged by the Russia investigation, two advisers said, frustrated by his inability to control the mushrooming narrative around Russia. He repeatedly asked aides why the Russia investigation wouldn’t disappear and demanded they speak out for him. He would sometimes scream at television clips about the probe, one adviser said.

...Trump had grown angry with the Russia investigation — particularly Comey admitting in front of the Senate that the FBI was investigating his campaign — and that the FBI director wouldn't support his claims that President Barack Obama had tapped his phones in Trump Tower.

Do you guys read what Comey assured Pres. Trump three times? If you did then this Russian diatribe is waste of time. For you and the readers. No offense intended. Run you friggin swamp dwellers! Lol.

dkithore
05-10-2017, 05:45 AM
Oh please! it will turn the heat under three musketeers, sleepy shoomer, demented Belosi and crazy Maximus Waters who wants to impeach everybody that is white and disagrees with her. Lol.

Poindexter
05-10-2017, 05:54 AM
After this screw up Trump needs to fire himself. This was just plain stupid. He just gave the media everything they need to destroy him and day by day they will do just that. His approval rating will be down to 10% in a couple of weeks.

Been supporting Trump for quite a while, but at this point I have to wonder, who is he protecting. He is not that stupid. You don't fire the person investigating you when you have a media that 24/7 is looking to take you down. He was feeling the heat.

fast4522
05-10-2017, 06:30 AM
We get it, some of you guys are part of the resistance like Hillary said on TV. Now it is your turn to get it and become part of the new road, steamroller's are on the way. You can protest, you can squeal and shout or make noise. Make no mistake that this is but the start of a very long campaign that will not end well for YOU.

fast4522
05-10-2017, 07:03 AM
Be afraid, very afraid.

You often commented when I posted, look at you play that tuba.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj2YppM5GtM

MutuelClerk
05-10-2017, 07:20 AM
Neither side liked Comey.

Both sides suck.

Therefore I liked Comey.

If you support this move. You would have loved the Kool-Aid from Rev. Jones.

fast4522
05-10-2017, 07:22 AM
After this screw up Trump needs to fire himself. This was just plain stupid. He just gave the media everything they need to destroy him and day by day they will do just that. His approval rating will be down to 10% in a couple of weeks.

Been supporting Trump for quite a while, but at this point I have to wonder, who is he protecting. He is not that stupid. You don't fire the person investigating you when you have a media that 24/7 is looking to take you down. He was feeling the heat.

James Comey was not part of the solution, he has proven to be part of the problem. Without him those who unmasked United States citizen's and shared with the press. Someone HAS to go to jail, political use of security apparatus for purely political reasons is a felony that has to be answered for.

lamboguy
05-10-2017, 07:33 AM
James Comey is on his way to start touring the world on speaking engagements. if Hillary was getting $400k to open her yap, Jimmy will get at least double to teach how to beat the system.

i only wish i was his agent

incoming
05-10-2017, 07:37 AM
When Comey stuck his nose into the 2016 election the Democrats fell just short of calling him a KGB agent. I thought he far exceeded his powers. But what he did point out was the corruption in the DOJ. If everything was on the up and up Mrs Clinton would have been indicted many moons ago. Who was he going to tell his suspicions too, Lynch.

Now, that Comey has been fired, something Obama should had done when he far exceeded his powers, he is the best thing since sliced cheese. I am sure there is much more to come in this saga. HYPOCRISY.....HYPOCRISY:popcorn::popcorn::

davew
05-10-2017, 09:23 AM

There will be no stoppage of any investigations. There is no Trump Putin connection, if there was a libtard would have already leaked it to their favorite newspaper.

I sure hope Clinton gets charges, she seemed to have broken many laws related to national security.

barahona44
05-10-2017, 10:22 AM
There will be no stoppage of any investigations. There is no Trump Putin connection, if there was a libtard would have already leaked it to their favorite newspaper.

I sure hope Clinton gets charges, she seemed to have broken many laws related to national security.

People have been asked by the site owner not to use that term.Several times.

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2017, 10:24 AM
Total panic move by an administration so stupid, corrupt, and incompetant that they don't realize that this move only serves to turn up the fire that much hotter.Only in your narrow view.

It was a swift, decisive action based on the advice of the deputy atty general Rod Rosenstein, to whom Comey directly reports.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/09/comey-fired-jeff-sessions-rod-rosenstein.html

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2017, 10:27 AM
Who wants to bet me that nothing...absolutely NOTHING, will come of any and all "Russia Investigations" into Trump?

I will take on all comers.

You guys have been SOOOOO WRONG on Trump since Day 1...and now you want me to start believing in your predictions? :lol::lol::lol:

Funny stuff.

woodtoo
05-10-2017, 10:58 AM
WHAT!!!! No takers. Surprise, surprise. :lol::lol:

Comey is probably more relieved than anyone.

reckless
05-10-2017, 11:06 AM
Who wants to bet me that nothing...absolutely NOTHING, will come of any and all "Russia Investigations" into Trump?

You guys have been SOOOOO WRONG on Trump since Day 1...and now you want me to start believing in your predictions? :lol::lol::lol:

Funny stuff.

Mike, you beat me to this, which shouldn't surprise anyone.

The absolute unvarnished truth pertaining to Trump and the Russians is this (and you can go the bank -- unlike what you get from the fake GOP 'insiders' who are regularly quoted by Politico, sans attribution, of course.)

Trump and his Administration does not want the Russian story to stop coming from the Democrats and the mainstream press, their fake media partners in slime.

Why, you may ask?

(1) Trump and his administration knows there was no collusion between himself, his campaign and the Russians.

(2) Trump also knows that the Russians didn't interfere with the Election of 2016. This silliness is the dumbest fraud ever foisted on the American people -- that is, after global warming; after Hillary is more qualified to be President than Trump; after Democrats care for the little guy; after and until ... the next stupidity Democrats and liberals try to convince their dumb base on.

(3) And if you don't believe that, just remember what CIA director James Clapper -- no fan of Trump as you all know -- said. Clapper said many, many times that 'there is no evidence that the Russians interfered with the election'. Da-da, dum! (My poor attempt at a ring shot).

(4) Before long, the Democrats, their media lapdogs, and their partisan ignorant base across the USA will stop all this stupidity... along with their shrill talking points. The derangement will only end when more and more information comes out, which will most notably implicate people such as Barry Obama, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, and the $300,000 John Podesta received from the 'Russians', or the lobbying work for the Russians done by Podesta's equally anti-America brother.

The 'book' on the Russians was written, edited, and owned complete by the Democrats. Plus, their finger-prints are all over this 'Russia' story. So, let's keep this silly saga alive and kicking, please.

No one, especially Trump et al, are afraid of any investigation threat made by Chuck Schumer or Rachel Maddow, I assure you.

woodtoo
05-10-2017, 11:13 AM
May I suggest reading " RESTORING CONFIDENCE IN THE FBI "
aka termination letter to James Comey by Deputy Attorney General

Rod J. Rosenstein May 9 2017

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2017, 11:14 AM
I agree pretty much 100%

I'm almost convinced Trump will be a two-term president (if he wants it) after all is said and done.

FantasticDan
05-10-2017, 11:21 AM
(3) And if you don't believe that, just remember what CIA director James Clapper -- no fan of Trump as you all know -- said. Clapper said many, many times that 'there is no evidence that the Russians interfered with the election'. Da-da, dum! (My poor attempt at a ring shot).

:confused: :bang: :confused:

https://www.cnet.com/news/ex-intelligence-chief-james-clapper-warns-more-russian-hacks/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q6R0e1tlbA

woodtoo
05-10-2017, 11:38 AM
Shrieking hysteria is not a good election strategy, at least not anymore.
"complicated business, complicated business folks"

hcap
05-10-2017, 11:53 AM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/10/21/17-intelligence-agencies-russia-behind-hacking/92514592/

Yes, 17 intelligence agencies really did say Russia was behind hacking

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/10/07/joint-statement-department-homeland-security-and-office-director-national

Joint Statement from the Department Of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Election Security
Release Date:
October 7, 2016

jk3521
05-10-2017, 12:01 PM
"America will collapse from within."

Joseph Stalin

I believe Russia did try to influence the election , indeed. But I doubt that Trump himself was in on it. I don't think that Trump himself knows the whole story and he may be afraid to find out the truth or afraid that America will.

One mistake he made was saying this...

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/28/us/politics/donald-trump-russia-clinton-emails.html?_r=0

woodtoo
05-10-2017, 12:03 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/10/21/17-intelligence-agencies-russia-behind-hacking/92514592/

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/10/07/joint-statement-department-homeland-security-and-office-director-national

Joint Statement from the Department Of Homeland Security and Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Election Security
Release Date:
October 7, 2016

The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming.:lol::lol::lol:
There are not even 17 intel agencies.

reckless
05-10-2017, 12:04 PM
... $300,000 John Podesta received from the 'Russians', or the lobbying work for the Russians done by Podesta's equally anti-America brother.

Make that $30 million. But the point is still the same -- it is Podesta, his brother, the Clintons, Obama, et al, plus other Democrats that should be investigated for their treasonous relationship with the Russians. They are the ones complicit in any and all criminal activities pertaining to the 2016 Election and the 'Russians'.

I know this confuses people such as our friend Fantastic Dan and many other deranged Democrats but the 'Russia story' is owned by the Democrat Party lock, stock and ruble.

reckless
05-10-2017, 12:09 PM
Here is my prediction on who will be named to replace Jim Comey as FBI Director... John Pistole.

Ignore all the chatter coming from the talking heads and geniuses in the main street political expert class.

This guy has the goods, the resume... and is a good friend of Mike Pence, which most certainly cannot hurt.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_S._Pistole

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2017, 12:12 PM

Release Date:
October 7, 2016News flash: Russia has been "hacking" elections since before Trump. Just letting you know.

They knew too, but it only became a big deal in this election...gee...I wonder why?

Because every other maneuver used to try and bring Trump down failed, and he won...this is the only bullet left in the holster at this point.

Have fun with it!

Clocker
05-10-2017, 12:14 PM
All the usual suspects here are harping on the obvious: some Russians engaged in some activity to try to influence the election. I don't think any objective person would deny that at this point. At the same time they imply, but fail to provide any evidence, that the Trump campaign was involved.

Former director of national intelligence James Clapper testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee on May 8 that there was no evidence of any improper contacts or collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians.

Speculation in the media is that Trump has wanted to get rid of Comey for some time, and that Clapper's testimony gave him the public relations cover he needed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/05/08/full-transcript-sally-yates-and-james-clapper-testify-on-russian-election-interference/?utm_term=.480e60076cc4

hcap
05-10-2017, 12:15 PM
It gets worse. And youse guys think "lock her up" dumbkoff is now a fair minded statesman instead of the Clinton-bshing candidate that was overjoyed when hacking the DNC was going on and even urged Russian agents to "find" Clinton's emails and release them."Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing," the GOP presidential nominee said at a news conference in Miami on Wednesday. "I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/clinton-blames-putins-personal-grudge-against-her-for-election-interference/2016/12/16/12f36250-c3be-11e6-8422-eac61c0ef74d_story.html?utm_term=.ee3349a38e66

FBI in agreement with CIA that Russia aimed to help Trump win White House

FBI Director James B. Comey and Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. are in agreement with a CIA assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election in part to help Donald Trump win the White House, officials disclosed Friday, as President Obama issued a public warning to Moscow that it could face retaliation.

Remember this?

https://youtu.be/3kxG8uJUsWU

MargieRose
05-10-2017, 12:33 PM
I am of the opinion that this surmised Trump/Putin connection by the Demos is just plain ol' BS...a thick smokescreen...and nothing more than an attempt to deflect and redirect from what is the real truth!

Just like the DNC attempted (and succeeded) to 'fix' the nomination against Bernie Sanders, the Demos are trying to do the same against Trump's presidency, now, and for good reason, in their minds...fear, fear of the real truth finally being exposed.

For example, I believe that John Podesta's e-mail account hack was done not by the Russians but by someone within the Demo party itself...someone who saw the corruption; someone with a conscience. Lest we forget, who murdered, or had murdered, Seth Rich?

With Comey being fired, the dark underbelly of the Demos have much to fear...including, especially, Hillary.

OntheRail
05-10-2017, 12:36 PM

Only in the minds of the liberal snowflakes... the rest of us see it as culling.. :popcorn:

Only a matter of time.

Wet dreams of snowflakes.. :sleeping:

J. Edgar Comey had his head stuck in something... inserted in his breifs. The only thing Hoover-ish about him was he sucked.

It's been how many months on the Russian stunt... still nothing but gossip and innuendo. No substance of any collusion. So screw the media and the anonymous unnamed sources they rode in on... and the whiny Dem do nothing losers. PDJT Feeling the heat..:pound: my azz... Comey was piss poor at his job and needed to be canned. And he followed the recommendation by others to do so.

:rant:

hcap
05-10-2017, 12:41 PM
This might have increased Trump's panic

... James Comey asked DOJ to increase funds for Russia investigation just before he was fired....The last straw for James Comey may have been a sign that he was charging ahead with his Russia investigation

In the days before James Comey was fired as FBI Director, he had requested that his agency receive a “significant increase” in resources to assist the ongoing investigation into the alleged Russian interference of the 2016 election, according to the New York Times. Comey asked for “money and personnel” last week when he met with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who penned the memorandum saying Comey’s term should be terminated, according to the Times.

FantasticDan
05-10-2017, 12:42 PM
Former director of national intelligence James Clapper testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee on May 8 that there was no evidence of any improper contacts or collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians.
Actually all he did was continue to stand behind the report he released back in March. He also conceded that the report didn't include on-going investigations (counter, or otherwise), or any evidence that he chose not to include because he wasn't totally "confident" with it.

Sally Yates also said this when asked the same question:

GRAHAM: Ms. Yates, do you have any evidence — are you aware of any evidence that would suggest that in the 2016 campaign anybody in the Trump campaign colluded — colluded with the Russian government intelligence services in improper fashion?

YATES: And Senator, my answer to that question would require me to reveal classified information. And so, I — I can't answer that.

tucker6
05-10-2017, 12:49 PM
Actually all he did was continue to stand behind the report he released back in March. He also conceded that the report didn't include on-going investigations (counter, or otherwise), or any evidence that he chose not to include because he wasn't totally "confident" with it.

How many months/years and dollars will be required before you are satisfied that collusion did not exist? The money used for this feeding frenzy could be supporting any number of programs that are near and dear to your heart, but you put them all into a secondary role in order to satisfy your hate of Trump and the GOP. #SAD

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2017, 12:56 PM
This might have increased Trump's panicyes, I'm sure that was it...good find Inspector Gadget

FantasticDan
05-10-2017, 12:59 PM
Another interesting exchange from Clapper and Yates testimony:

FEINSTEIN: The Guardian has reported that Britain's intelligence service first became aware in late 2015 of suspicious interactions between Trump advisers and Russian intelligence agents. This information was passed on to U.S. intelligence agencies.

Over the spring of 2016, multiple European allies passed on additional information to the United States about contacts between the Trump campaign and Russians. Is this accurate?

YATES: I -- I can't answer that.

FEINSTEIN: General Clapper, is that accurate?

CLAPPER: Yes, it is and it's also quite sensitive. The specifics are -- are --- are quite sensitive.

Clocker
05-10-2017, 01:03 PM

Actually what he said, no matter how you parse it, was that there is no evidence of a connection between the Trump campaign and the Russian hackers.

FantasticDan
05-10-2017, 01:16 PM
Actually what he said, no matter how you parse it, was that there is no evidence of a connection between the Trump campaign and the Russian hackers.It's not parsing, it's accuracy..

https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2017/05/09/parroting-trump-right-wing-media-figures-misrepresent-clapper-s-statements-about-trump-russia/216353

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-james-clapper-no-collusion-sally-yates-caf3fddc5cb5

At Monday’s hearing, Clapper pulled this rug out from under the White House and its comrades. He noted that it was standard policy for the FBI not to share with him details about ongoing counterintelligence investigations. And he said he had not been aware of the FBI’s investigation of contacts between Trump associates and Russia that FBI director James Comey revealed weeks ago at a House intelligence committee hearing. Consequently, when Clapper told Todd that he was not familiar with any evidence of Trump-Russia collusion, he was speaking accurately. But he essentially told the Senate subcommittee that he was not in a position to know for certain.

chadk66
05-10-2017, 01:19 PM
never thought I'd love swamp draining this much. and to have the liberal train go completely off the rails is a complete bonus:pound:

FantasticDan
05-10-2017, 01:37 PM
never thought I'd love swamp draining this much.

:pound:

http://chrispiascik.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2334-SwampThing.png

tucker6
05-10-2017, 01:56 PM
:pound:

http://chrispiascik.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2334-SwampThing.png

finally, a self portrait

boxcar
05-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Maddow?????
Seriously????

I've heard FARTS make more sense that that moonbat! :pound::pound::pound:

Would that include you own? :lol::lol:

FantasticDan
05-10-2017, 02:07 PM
:lol: :bang:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/sean-spicer-spent-several-minutes-hidden-the-bushes

boxcar
05-10-2017, 02:11 PM
Am I living in an alternate universe or are the leftists? Wasn't it just a few months ago that every lib in the beltway and MM were calling for Comey's head?

Here's a newsflash for your lefties: The outrage of the left is not over the firing of Comey; it's all about WHO fired him. If the Witch had been elected, does anyone here really believe that she would not have canned Comey for his late revelations shortly before the election? Does anyone here really believe she would not taken her revenge?

Clocker
05-10-2017, 02:16 PM
Steven Colbert announced the Comey firing on his show, and the audience cheered wildly. He then explained to them why they shouldn't cheer the firing, they should be upset with Trump. So they dutifully started booing.

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/05/10/backfire-alert-audience-reaction-to-comey-firing-not-what-stephen-colbert-wanted/?utm_campaign=twitchywidget (http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/05/10/backfire-alert-audience-reaction-to-comey-firing-not-what-stephen-colbert-wanted/?utm_campaign=twitchywidget)

thaskalos
05-10-2017, 02:17 PM
I'm almost convinced Trump will be a two-term president (if he wants it) after all is said and done.

How much are you willing to bet on THAT? Tell me...and I'll take you on right now.

Clocker
05-10-2017, 02:23 PM
Am I living in an alternate universe or are the leftists? Wasn't it just a few months ago that every lib in the beltway and MM were calling for Comey's head?

From Jonathan Tobin at the National Review:

If there was one sentiment that had rippled through the bases of both major political parties by the end of the 2016 election cycle, it was that FBI Director James Comey should be fired. The trouble was that it had never gripped both parties at the same time. So when President Trump finally did on Tuesday evening what just about everyone believed necessary at one point or another during the course of the last year, reactions to Comey’s firing weren’t just predictably partisan. The knee-jerk impulse of Democrats to impute the decision to a potential conspiracy to cover up a crime committed by Trump tells us all we need to know about what’s wrong with our political culture in 2017.

Like it or not, we live in a society where half the country reads, listens to, and watches news that pushes one reality and the other half consumes a competing reality. It’s a country in which the 48 percent who voted for Clinton think the 46 percent who voted for Trump are out to destroy democracy and vice versa. In such a political culture, there’s no such thing as an issue that can be discussed in a nonpartisan way. Comey’s long-overdue firing would have generated conspiracy theories and outrage no matter who did the deed.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447481/james-comey-firing-democrats-reactions-blind-partisanship

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2017, 02:24 PM
How much are you willing to bet on THAT? Tell me...and I'll take you on right now.And make back all the money you lost the first time around (theoretically of course...I know we didn't have a bet, but if we did, you would have lost big time).

Show Me the Wire
05-10-2017, 02:27 PM
Trump is the only one with enough b*lls to do the correct action. Obama, the non-actor, should have fired Comey. By not firing Comey for his missteps, he left a landmine for HRC too. Could you imagine the outrage if HRC fired Comey, because she was under investigation by the FBI?

Anybody think Comey trotted out the new investigation into HRC a couple weeks before the election to ensure his job safety. By making such an announcement Comey any firing of Comey would cause a political sh*t storm.

Comey may have been playing the same game with the Trump administration. As long as he could keep a investigation going he figured Trump did not have the cajones to fire him.

If there is a legitimate investigation taking place, it will continue without Comey and it will be a better investigation, without the issue of Comey's self-preservation agenda.

In any case, Schumer and his clown show are playing into the Russians hands. It has been established the Russians have been meddling in our elections for decades and in other countries with some form of democracy. The Russians are trying to make the electorate lose faith in the system. The clown show by the dem so-called leadership plays right into the the Russian playbook.

thaskalos
05-10-2017, 02:32 PM
And make back all the money you lost the first time around (theoretically of course...I know we didn't have a bet, but if we did, you would have lost big time).

Are you "taking on all comers"...or are you not?

I have some money here that I don't know what to do with.

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2017, 02:36 PM
Are you "taking on all comers"...or are you not?

I have some money here that I don't know what to do with.The bet was on the Russian investigation, not on whether or not Trump will be reelected.

Why do people have so much trouble following along?

tucker6
05-10-2017, 02:37 PM
How much are you willing to bet on THAT? Tell me...and I'll take you on right now.
Don't bet with your heart Gus

thaskalos
05-10-2017, 02:40 PM
The bet was on the Russian investigation, not on whether or not Trump will be reelected.

Why do people have so much trouble following along?

Oh, yeah. You were "ALMOST positive" about the reelection thing. Let me know when you get "REALLY positive" about it.

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2017, 02:43 PM
Oh, yeah. You were "ALMOST positive" about the reelection thing. Let me know when you get "REALLY positive" about it.You know, I thought you'd be nicer to me as long as I kept at least one of my two ROI tracking numbers positive...I'm doing that for you, you know...but I guess I was wrong...:(

thaskalos
05-10-2017, 02:45 PM
Don't bet with your heart Gus

It isn't just "heart". It's a heart/mind combination...which is the essence of what "betting" should be...IMO.

You can't bet properly without getting the "heart" involved.

JustRalph
05-10-2017, 02:49 PM

Hysterical. Talk about over reacting :bang:

thaskalos
05-10-2017, 02:54 PM
You know, I thought you'd be nicer to me as long as I kept at least one of my two ROI tracking numbers positive...I'm doing that for you, you know...but I guess I was wrong...:(

Doing WHAT, "for me"? Have I ever called you a "losing player"? In fact...I said that you might be the best handicapper of this site.

In that other thread, I praised your "selection method"...but questioned the line-making that you use, which lists horses at 7-5 when they go off at 50-1. I said that your top choices were very solid...but the "math" involved in creating the overall line seemed "a little off". And you later admitted this yourself...by noting that your "top choice" was your only "profitable overlay".

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2017, 02:56 PM
Doing WHAT, "for me"? Trying my hardest to keep my ROI positive so that you'll like me more...

:lol:

I'm just messing with you...carry on

thaskalos
05-10-2017, 02:59 PM
Trying my hardest to keep my ROI positive so that you'll like me more...

:lol:

I'm just messing with you...carry on

I LIKE YOU...I LIKE YOU!!

Now, stop torturing yourself by keeping track of all those picks...and go out and enjoy the great weather. :headbanger:

Show Me the Wire
05-10-2017, 03:04 PM
Why are people questioning the timing of Comey's termination. The Deputy Attorney General just gave his findings and the recommendation about Comey. If President Trump, didn't react immediately to the recommendation, it would be the Flynn scenario again. The accusation would arise; Why did it take the President so long to terminate after receiving the info?

Clocker
05-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Why are people questioning the timing of Comey's termination.

From the NY Times:

Days before he was fired, James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, asked the Justice Department for a significant increase in resources for the bureau’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the presidential election, according to four congressional officials, including Senator Richard J. Durbin.

Mr. Comey made his appeal to Rod J. Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general, who also wrote the Justice Department’s memo that was used to justify the firing of Mr. Comey this week, the officials said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/politics/comey-russia-investigation-fbi.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-ab-top-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/politics/comey-russia-investigation-fbi.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-ab-top-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news)

thaskalos
05-10-2017, 03:19 PM
Why are people questioning the timing of Comey's termination. The Deputy Attorney General just gave his findings and the recommendation about Comey. If President Trump, didn't react immediately to the recommendation, it would be the Flynn scenario again. The accusation would arise; Why did it take the President so long to terminate after receiving the info?

Here is why I, personally, find the timing of the Comey firing suspicious. Most of Rod Rosenstein's complaints about Comey revolved around Comey's "irresponsible" pre-election "investigation" declaration surrounding Hillary Clinton...but the Comey firing comes 6 months after the election. Why didn't Trump fire Comey SOONER?

FantasticDan
05-10-2017, 03:22 PM
Everyone should've known Comey's days were numbered back in January when the Don blew him a kiss and said, "Oh, and there’s James — he’s become more famous than me"... :rip:

Show Me the Wire
05-10-2017, 03:24 PM
Here is why I, personally, find the Comey firing suspicious. Most of Rod Rosenstein's complaints about Comey revolved around Comey's "irresponsible" pre-election "investigation" declaration surrounding Hillary Clinton...but the Comey firing comes 6 months after the election. Why didn't Trump fire Comey SOONER?

Read my post 79. How could he have fired him sooner without cause? If he would have fired him in January, the same complaint would be lodged against the sitting President. The firing was done to stop the investigation into Russia's attempt to meddle in the election.

Obama should have fired Comey for overstepping the bounds from investigator to prosecutor.

FantasticDan
05-10-2017, 03:24 PM
Here is why I, personally, find the timing of the Comey firing suspicious. Most of Rod Rosenstein's complaints about Comey revolved around Comey's "irresponsible" pre-election "investigation" declaration surrounding Hillary Clinton...but the Comey firing comes 6 months after the election. Why didn't Trump fire Comey SOONER?Because he didn't have the necessary political cover to do so. It's no small matter to fire an FBI Director..

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/05/the-deputy-attorney-general-gave-trump-cover-to-fire-comey.html

Show Me the Wire
05-10-2017, 03:25 PM
From the NY Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/politics/comey-russia-investigation-fbi.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-ab-top-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/politics/comey-russia-investigation-fbi.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-ab-top-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news)

And the Dept. Justice denies that any such request was made.

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Much like religious zealots, you can't talk sensibly to political anti-Trump zealots, so why even bother?

Everything is "Revelations, End of the WORLD!" type stuff to these people. There is no middle ground or alternate scenarios or rational thought. It's all "THIS IS IT...THIS IS THE BIG ONE ELIZABETH" ala Fred G. Sanford....

FantasticDan
05-10-2017, 03:38 PM
Much like religious zealots, you can't talk sensibly to political anti-Trump zealots, so why even bother? Everything is "Revelations, End of the WORLD!" type stuff to these people. There is no middle ground or alternate scenarios or rational thought. It's all "THIS IS IT...THIS IS THE BIG ONE ELIZABETH" ala Fred G. Sanford....
Doesn't it make sense that anti-Trump zealots need to be the BIGGEST and the BEST just to compete? :lol:

thaskalos
05-10-2017, 03:41 PM
Much like religious zealots, you can't talk sensibly to political anti-Trump zealots, so why even bother?

Everything is "Revelations, End of the WORLD!" type stuff to these people. There is no middle ground or alternate scenarios or rational thought. It's all "THIS IS IT...THIS IS THE BIG ONE ELIZABETH" ala Fred G. Sanford....

The biggest "drama queen" in these political discussions is YOU...in my opinion. YOU are the one who exaggerates the tone of the "anti-Trump" posts around here

Clocker
05-10-2017, 03:41 PM
And the Dept. Justice denies that any such request was made.

It doesn't matter if it is true or not. This is politics, not reality.

Show Me the Wire
05-10-2017, 03:48 PM

Very true and very sad that politics is becoming divorced from any reality.

tucker6
05-10-2017, 03:50 PM

Easily the best post in this thread. 98% of the Russia thing is hyperbole and politics at this point. It is so infested that closing it down will serve the exact same purpose as continuing for another two years less the dollars spent. No matter the outcome, everyone has already chosen sides.

fast4522
05-10-2017, 03:56 PM

Funny stuff.

I will not waste my money betting you, I think that you are spot on with President Trump. But it would not surprise me at all if some folks got outed for Russian hookers and that's all they can find.

Binder
05-10-2017, 03:58 PM
As long as he could keep a investigation going he figured Trump did not have the cajones to fire him.

Show him DJT. Show them all Do not to mess with the USA
"Stand by her, and guide her "

Good job Mr President

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2017, 04:04 PM
The biggest "drama queen" in these political discussions is YOU...in my opinion. YOU are the one who exaggerates the tone of the "anti-Trump" posts around hereI'm not talking about around here (although it also happens here)...I'm talking EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK just about...

No matter how you feel about Trump, don't you think it's way past overkill at this moment in time?

davew
05-10-2017, 04:05 PM
As far as I can tell, the only involvement by Russia is that the DNC said so, and told the FBI so. This is the extent of the 17 national security organizations knowledge, what the DNC told them:pound::lol:

tucker6
05-10-2017, 04:19 PM
No matter how you feel about Trump, don't you think it's way past overkill at this moment in time?
It borders on a psychosis, and I'm not kidding. I had hoped the left would have a meltdown after the election, but it's gotten downright weird and uncomfortable at this point.

boxcar
05-10-2017, 04:31 PM
Steven Colbert announced the Comey firing on his show, and the audience cheered wildly. He then explained to them why they shouldn't cheer the firing, they should be upset with Trump. So they dutifully started booing.

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/05/10/backfire-alert-audience-reaction-to-comey-firing-not-what-stephen-colbert-wanted/?utm_campaign=twitchywidget (http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/05/10/backfire-alert-audience-reaction-to-comey-firing-not-what-stephen-colbert-wanted/?utm_campaign=twitchywidget)

Goes to show how programmed the lefties are. The programmers weren't ahead of the Comey firing, so all the lefties responded inappropriately. :lol::lol:

fast4522
05-10-2017, 04:43 PM
James Comey was a rich man before he became director of the FBI, on television I think he wanted to be a rock star. Granted all the President's men & women are rich, we need a legend instead of a rock star for director of the FBI.

Clocker
05-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Goes to show how programmed the lefties are. The programmers weren't ahead of the Comey firing, so all the lefties responded inappropriately. :lol::lol:

It's hard to know who you are hating today until Big Brother tells you.

reckless
05-10-2017, 05:49 PM
Here is why I, personally, find the timing of the Comey firing suspicious. Most of Rod Rosenstein's complaints about Comey revolved around Comey's "irresponsible" pre-election "investigation" declaration surrounding Hillary Clinton...but the Comey firing comes 6 months after the election. Why didn't Trump fire Comey SOONER?

IMO, the reason Comey wasn't fired on January 20th give or take, or anytime SOONER than May 8, as you ask, is this Gus:

After the inaugural, the Democrats in the Senate were taking their sweet time in confirming Trump's cabinet appointments, most especially Jeff Session's as Attorney General.

If Trump either fired Comey then or threatened to, Democrats in the Senate would have used this against all of Trump's nominees as best they could.

Now, after all that business was finally done, I believe this latest decision was made because Comey spoke to the House last week and made a jerk of himself, to the point he jug his own grave. Most specifically by saying he would have indicted Hillary but knew Loretta Lynch wouldn't have gone further, etc. This made Comey look even more erratic than before, if that was possible.

FantasticDan
05-10-2017, 06:03 PM
It borders on a psychosis, and I'm not kidding. I had hoped the left would have a meltdown after the election, but it's gotten downright weird and uncomfortable at this point.There's nothing more weird and uncomfortable than having friggin Donald Trump as POTUS, so that might have something to do with the response. :ThmbUp:

Show Me the Wire
05-10-2017, 06:54 PM
There's nothing more weird and uncomfortable than having friggin Donald Trump as POTUS, so that might have something to do with the response. :ThmbUp:

Yes, there would be. It would be HRC as POTUS, even former President Jimmy Carter thought so as he revealed he voted for Sanders. Carter voting for Sanders was giant slap in the face to the Clintons.

maddog42
05-10-2017, 07:12 PM
How many prosecutors has Trump Fired now? And to my thinking all where involved in this Russian Collusion thing. #3? These guys definitely have something to hide. How many Trump people have lied or changed there story about Russians? 6?7?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/10/politics/comey-yates-bharara-fired-after-investigations/

And yes I know about 50 prosecutors have been let go over all.

chadk66
05-10-2017, 07:16 PM
How many prosecutors has Trump Fired now? And to my thinking all where involved in this Russian Collusion thing. #3? These guys definitely have something to hide. How many Trump people have lied or changed there story about Russians? 6?7?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/10/politics/comey-yates-bharara-fired-after-investigations/

And yes I know about 50 prosecutors have been let go over all.your confused. Comey isn't a prosecutor. He just played one during the witches trial

fast4522
05-10-2017, 08:24 PM
Yes, there would be. It would be HRC as POTUS, even former President Jimmy Carter thought so as he revealed he voted for Sanders. Carter voting for Sanders was giant slap in the face to the Clintons.

Is it that shocking to hear that President Carter would not vote for Clinton, he was against her when it was suggested that she was on a list for VP for Obama. He said "I think it would be the worst mistake that could be made".

Show Me the Wire
05-10-2017, 08:56 PM
Is it that shocking to hear that President Carter would not vote for Clinton, he was against her when it was suggested that she was on a list for VP for Obama. He said "I think it would be the worst mistake that could be made".

I forgot. Carter hates Willie.

fast4522
05-10-2017, 09:31 PM
I forgot. Carter hates Willie.

Me thinks millions of democrats did not vote for Clinton, Carter was in good company.

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2017, 10:51 PM
There's nothing more weird and uncomfortable than having friggin Donald Trump as POTUS, so that might have something to do with the response. :ThmbUp:But in reality, he's the most left-of-center Republican you could have ever hoped for. So it has to be a psychosis of some sort...

FantasticDan
05-10-2017, 11:00 PM
But in reality, he's the most left-of-center Republican you could have ever hoped for. So it has to be a psychosis of some sort...Yeah, so far he and his administration have been very left of center :rolleyes: :lol:

Clocker
05-10-2017, 11:04 PM
How many prosecutors has Trump Fired now? And to my thinking all where involved in this Russian Collusion thing. #3?

There are 3 that the media has been trying to make issues of.

1. Officially, Comey was fired for screwing up the Hillary email investigation. He did so by any objective standard.

2. Trump fired acting Atty. Gen. Sally Yates for refusing to support his immigration order. The Atty. Gen. is the administration's lawyer and the job is to argue for the legality of the administration's decisions. If your private attorney could not support your case, you would fire him. Same here.

The DOJ under Yates was investigating possible connections between former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn and the Russians. That this was the cause of the firing is pure conjecture.

3. When the new Attorney General, Jeff Sessions, took office he somewhat abruptly asked for the resignations of some 40+ regional US Attorneys, who are normally replaced in a new administration after their replacements are confirmed. Preet Bharara, US Attorney for the Southern District of New York, refused to resign and was fired. There is nothing to indicate he was working on anything to do with the Russians.

All of those were handled poorly and clumsily by the administration, but all appear to reflect the heavy hand and short temper of Trump rather than any attempt at a cover up.

riskman
05-10-2017, 11:21 PM
your confused. Comey isn't a prosecutor. He just played one during the witches trial

You are correct. Comey's job as FBI director was to recommend a course of action to the AG at the time Lynch, head of the Justice Dept.
Comey chose not to recommend indictment of Clinton by the Justive Dept. The AG agreed with Comey's findings. Hillary gets a pass.

EasyGoer89
05-11-2017, 01:44 AM
If you're not on board to MAGA you gotta go, it's not really that hard to understand.

Fager Fan
05-11-2017, 09:10 AM

Panic? Trump showed great restraint waiting to fire him now.

Fager Fan
05-11-2017, 09:14 AM
Be afraid, very afraid.

I was angry about that too, so Trump should be even more angry.

Just how many different investigations and how much time should we spend? There's no reason for this to keep dragging along. Get it done.

PaceAdvantage
05-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Yeah, so far he and his administration have been very left of center :rolleyes: :lol:As far as Republicans go, you probably couldn't have asked for better...but you're too blinded by the hype to see it.

FantasticDan
05-11-2017, 10:49 AM
As far as Republicans go, you probably couldn't have asked for better...but you're too blinded by the hype to see it.When it comes to Trump, "democrat" or "republican" don't really apply. He's a morally bankrupt ignoramus, demagogue, and despot wanna-be, and I want no part of him regardless of party designation.

incoming
05-11-2017, 11:25 AM
When it comes to Trump, "democrat" or "republican" don't really apply. He's a morally bankrupt ignoramus, demagogue, and despot wanna-be, and I want no part of him regardless of party designation.

All of the late night comics where hawking Mrs Clinton, I'll just assume that was your choice.:lol::lol::pound:

ElKabong
05-11-2017, 11:34 AM
When it comes to Trump, "democrat" or "republican" don't really apply. He's a morally bankrupt ignoramus, demagogue, and despot wanna-be, and I want no part of him regardless of party designation.

He's your president, so you have no choice.

Instead of posting non stop anti Trump stuff (not a sign of normal mental health btw) why don't you volunteer for the dems in the mid terms and in 2020? If you did volunteer in the past, then ramp up your efforts (legally I'd hope)

To be honest, all the "Russia did us in" nonsense reminds me of the Birther zealots. Non productive, and makes you all look like desperate fools. Losers.

Give us a better choice next time. Hilary and Bernie were unelectable. When a Donald Trump beats your opponent, you shouldn't bitch and moan about what's going on TODAY.... You earned this defeat, this 4 years of misery you are experiencing. Look to the future. Give us a choice in 2020 that doesn't look like Hilary or Bernie

riskman
05-11-2017, 11:37 AM

Trump may have flaws in his personality, but your description is overreach.Despot as you say, for a president that is trying to enforce the law. Good grief, what the hell do you want?
Personally, I disagree with many of Trumps positions because he has a big mouth and times he is impusive. Obama was the opposite,with his own set of problems in his handling of the presidency. You seem to be blind to his deficiences.

hcap
05-11-2017, 11:37 AM
I was angry about that too, so Trump should be even more angry.

Just how many different investigations and how much time should we spend? There's no reason for this to keep dragging along. Get it done.He has already made enemies among the long term professionals in many intel agencies, now the FBI is more pissed off. It's not only dems that hate his guts and think he is losing it. but a good portion of government is wondering about him. Not to mention Trump is cratering in the polls

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2456.

Just a matter of time.

PaceAdvantage
05-11-2017, 11:38 AM
He has already made enemies among the long term professionals in many intel agencies, now the FBI is more pissed off. It's not only dems that hate his guts and think he is losing it. but a good portion of government is wondering about him. Not to mention Trump is cratering in the polls

Just a matter of time.If he's pissing off that many in Washington, on both sides of the aisle, that means he's doing exactly what those who voted for him sent him there to do...

As for approval ratings, I think we've all learned that when it comes to polls and Donald Trump, they don't seem to tell the accurate story for whatever reason.

hcap
05-11-2017, 11:53 AM
The "novelty" of Trump's version of draining the swamp is a farce. He is screwing with his misguided supporters and screwing the country.

And many republicans are not buying what he is selling

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/332894-top-gop-strategist-comey-firing-an-abuse-of-power

OntheRail
05-11-2017, 11:53 AM

You really regurgitate the FNN (Fake News Narrative)... Your so full of it your eyes must be brown.

PDJT never filed for bankruptcy... personally or morally.

If he's an ignoramus... we need more of them.

But you had nothing but praise for 0bama the demi-est of them all.

Hillary was and still is the true desperate despot this cycle.. hell she even dress like Lil Kim.

https://kenhoma.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/hillary-kim-jung-un.jpg

Coco and coloring books still must be flying off the shelves... along with chapped ass ointment... :pound:

OntheRail
05-11-2017, 12:02 PM
If he's pissing off that many in Washington, on both sides of the aisle, that means he's doing exactly what those who voted for him sent him there to do...

As for approval ratings, I think we've all learned that when it comes to polls and Donald Trump, they don't seem to tell the accurate story for whatever reason.

BINGO!

JustRalph
05-11-2017, 02:04 PM
He has already made enemies among the long term professionals in many intel agencies, now the FBI is more pissed off. It's not only dems that hate his guts and think he is losing it. but a good portion of government is wondering about him. Not to mention Trump is cratering in the polls

Just a matter of time.

So, the swamp is mad at the guy who's draining it. Works for me!

Congress should defund the FBI.

JustRalph
05-11-2017, 02:10 PM
The "novelty" of Trump's version of draining the swamp is a farce. He is screwing with his misguided supporters and screwing the country.

And many republicans are not buying what he is selling

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/332894-top-gop-strategist-comey-firing-an-abuse-of-power

You use Steve Schmidt as a Top Republican? Hysterical. He's a cast out who's worked for MsNBC for years. He might as well marry Rachel Maddow.......:lol:

reckless
05-11-2017, 02:48 PM
You really regurgitate the FNN (Fake News Narrative)... Your so full of it your eyes must be brown.

Hillary was and still is the true desperate despot this cycle.. hell she even dress like Lil Kim.

Coco and coloring books still must be flying off the shelves... along with chapped ass ointment... :pound:

The fat guy on our right actually looks more svelte than the fat 'guy' on our left.

Hillary, you go, girl :lol::lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-11-2017, 02:49 PM
The fat guy on our right actually looks more svelte than the fat 'guy' on our left.

Hillary, you go, girl :lol::lol:In the hips maybe. But he's certainly packing quite the stomach compared to ol' Hil.

reckless
05-11-2017, 03:14 PM
What really must go --beside those added pounds-- are their tailors and designers.

Nutz and Boltz
05-11-2017, 03:24 PM
BY
MICHAEL D'ANTONIO

D'Antonio is author of "Never Enough: Donald Trump and the Pursuit of Success."

Some Americans are shocked by the Donald Trump they've seen revealed in the sudden firing, for patently disingenuous reasons, of FBI Director James Comey. Those of us who've interviewed Trump — I did, for over eight hours, for a book I wrote — realize that this is exactly, down the last strand of DNA, the man we always knew.

Trump was the boy whose father contributed great sums to his private elementary school and knew that the money meant he could get away with outrageous behavior. We all knew someone like him when we were third or fourth graders. He was aggressive and mean, but he also owned all the great toys that everyone wanted to play with.

The future President's sense of superiority fueled bullying behaviors, and his family's status made those who should have disciplined him reluctant. At the Kew-Forest School in Queens, the teachers complained to his parents, but they didn't act until he was 13, and then sent him to a rich boy's version of reform school — a military academy.

Read the rest:

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/president-fired-comey-spoiled-child-article-1.3156675

whodoyoulike
05-11-2017, 04:00 PM
Acting FBI director Andrew McCabe vowed Thursday that he would tell the Senate Intelligence Committee if the White House tried to interfere with the bureau’s probe of possible coordination between the Kremlin and the Trump campaign to influence the 2016 presidential election — though he asserted that there had “been no effort to impede our investigation to date.” ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/acting-fbi-director-set-to-testify-before-congressional-committee-in-potentially-explosive-hearing/2017/05/10/5173a5ce-35df-11e7-b4ee-434b6d506b37_story.html?utm_term=.c8f81b6a3d53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVC6wbWsq3I

Clocker
05-11-2017, 04:41 PM
Some Democrats who thought that firing Comey was a really good thing before they thought that Trump firing Comey was a really bad thing:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/05/democratic-situational-ethics-on-comey.php (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/05/democratic-situational-ethics-on-comey.php)

ElKabong
05-11-2017, 04:42 PM
BY
MICHAEL D'ANTONIO

D'Antonio is author of "Never Enough: Donald Trump and the Pursuit of Success."

Some Americans are shocked by the Donald Trump they've seen revealed in the sudden firing, for patently disingenuous reasons, of FBI Director James Comey. Those of us who've interviewed Trump — I did, for over eight hours, for a book I wrote — realize that this is exactly, down the last strand of DNA, the man we always knew.

Trump was the boy whose father contributed great sums to his private elementary school and knew that the money meant he could get away with outrageous behavior. We all knew someone like him when we were third or fourth graders. He was aggressive and mean, but he also owned all the great toys that everyone wanted to play with.

The future President's sense of superiority fueled bullying behaviors, and his family's status made those who should have disciplined him reluctant. At the Kew-Forest School in Queens, the teachers complained to his parents, but they didn't act until he was 13, and then sent him to a rich boy's version of reform school — a military academy.

Read the rest:

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/president-fired-comey-spoiled-child-article-1.3156675

The writer has a bad case of penis envy. Pity, him.

fast4522
05-11-2017, 04:52 PM
In the hips maybe. But he's certainly packing quite the stomach compared to ol' Hil.

But their politics are very close.

FantasticDan
05-11-2017, 05:07 PM
The writer is a highly-respected Pulitzer Prize winning reporter and author. Pity, you.

jocko699
05-11-2017, 05:24 PM

:D:D

jk3521
05-11-2017, 06:14 PM

Some people just can't handle the truth !

JustRalph
05-11-2017, 07:44 PM
The writer is a highly-respected Pulitzer Prize winning reporter and author. Pity, you.

Do you think those things mean anything? Like Obama's Nobel prize, all bullshit. Earlier generations were fooled by that shit. Not today

jk3521
05-11-2017, 07:58 PM
Do you think those things mean anything? Like Obama's Nobel prize, all bullshit. Earlier generations were fooled by that shit. Not today

But people always were and still are fooled by Trumps' type of bullsh_t .

I am talking about the man specifically , not his ideas for the country. He has the type of personality that I have always despised. The spoiled brat kid who bullies people to get his way. But I don't have to like him, he's just another t v personality that I try to just make believe is not there.

JustRalph
05-11-2017, 08:31 PM
But people always were and still are fooled by Trumps' type of bullsh_t .

I am talking about the man specifically , not his ideas for the country. He has the type of personality that I have always despised. The spoiled brat kid who bullies people to get his way. But I don't have to like him, he's just another t v personality that I try to just make believe is not there.

Comparing an individuals personality to long standing awards and such that are revealed to be crap? Apples and oranges?

I don't care about Trumps personality. As long as he keeps chopping off heads of those I view as bad for the country, then I'll be happy. Comey protected Clinton. That's all you need to know about that.

I've stated before. His best accomplishment was stopping her from being Prez. He got Gorsuch on the Supremes and it looks like he might get one more. It's gravy time.

He's submitted a list of 40 something (age 40) conservative judges for the Federal Court system. They will hopefully serve until 70 yrs of age. That's huge! Anything else he gets from here on out is gravy compared to where we sat a year ago.

Clocker
05-11-2017, 08:42 PM
CNN gets the scoop on what a spoiled brat Trump is.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/862782037593403393/2rMcCFO0?format=jpg&name=600x314

Tom
05-11-2017, 09:43 PM
So, the swamp is mad at the guy who's draining it. Works for me!

Congress should defund the FBI.

Al Capone hated Elliot Ness.
What's your point?

Let me clue you into a little know secret that not many, if any lefty-losers know about.

What you thing about Trump has no place in how a so-called professional does his or her job. I do't care it 100% of the intelligent community hates him, they are supposed to do their jobs. Unlike garbage like the lame stream media liars, or the diaper-wearing UpChuck Schumer, a little puke of a cry baby.

Trump makes the entire left wing look like what they are - crying losers.

fast4522
05-11-2017, 10:24 PM
What's your point?

Let me clue you into a little know secret that not many, if any lefty-losers know about.

What you thing about Trump has no place in how a so-called professional does his or her job. I do't care it 100% of the intelligent community hates him, they are supposed to do their jobs. Unlike garbage like the lame stream media liars, or the diaper-wearing UpChuck Schumer, a little puke of a cry baby.

Or to explain it in simple English.

The Oligarchy got kicked in the balls when Trump won the Presidency.

MargieRose
05-11-2017, 10:45 PM
What's your point?

JustRalph's "point" was a bit of sarcasm, methinks. I don't read JR as being a "lefty-loser"...not a lefty at all.

thaskalos
05-11-2017, 10:56 PM
JustRalph's "point" was a bit of sarcasm, methinks. I don't read JR as being a "lefty-loser"...not a lefty at all.

How perceptive you are. :ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

fast4522
05-11-2017, 11:08 PM
Does firing James Comey mean the DOJ will go after Hillary Clinton on several felony counts?

Tom
05-11-2017, 11:22 PM

:blush: Ooops!
I meant to quote mostie, not Ralph!
Sorry Ralph......must be bedtime.
Not Bonzo's, mine!

JustRalph
05-11-2017, 11:30 PM
Good thread

It's amazing how much stuff has come out, and most of it quotes from Comey.

Can't wait to see if he testifies

mostpost
05-11-2017, 11:45 PM
Let me explain this all to the people whom I have zero confidence will understand any of what I am about to explain.

After Comey made his announcement a week before the 2016 election that the FBI was reopening the Clinton email investigation, there were many Democrats who felt he was acting inappropriately.
Some called for his resignation or firing. But Obama did not fire him. Obama respected the independence of the FBI. I do not recall Hillary Clinton ever suggesting, requesting or demanding that James Comey be fired.

Fast forward several months to this week. Donald Trump fires James Comey and releases a so called recommendation from the Deputy AG stating that the reason for the firing was Comey's handling of the Clinton email investigation.

Everyone in the administration, including the vice president, doubled down on this. Democrats were understandably not convinced. They felt that Comey was fired because the investigation into the ties between Russia and the Trump campaign was getting too close to Trump.

Then came the Lester Holt interview in which Trump threw his own administration completely under the bus. He said in clear, plain English that he knew there was nothing to the Russia/Trump business; therefore he fired Comey to bring that investigation closer to a conclusion. Or, to put it another way, the only one who knows if Trump is innocent or guilty is Trump and no one else should be able to decide on that guilt or innocence.

That is classic obstruction of justice. As is the very act of asking the director of the FBI if he (Trump) is under investigation.

Fearless Leader thinks Trump is a two term president. I doubt that he will finish his first term.

fast4522
05-12-2017, 12:06 AM
I have taken the liberty to snapshot for a later date to rub in your post years later.

Clocker
05-12-2017, 12:38 AM
Let me explain this all to the people whom I have zero confidence will understand any of what I am about to explain.

Thank you, oh wise one, for sharing your infinite wisdom with us, the ignorant masses.

I do not recall Hillary Clinton ever suggesting, requesting or demanding that James Comey be fired.

Not before the election. Hillary was busy redecorating the White House in what passes for her mind, and dismissed Comey as one more ineffective member of the great right wing conspiracy that has hounded the Clintons since birth.

Only after she lost the election, purely on the basis of her persona and her shambles of a campaign, did she start blaming Comey and the Russians and the cheating alt-right deplorables and sun spots and global warming and who knows what else for her failures.

Her main focus lately is Comey and the Russians. None of that would have been an issue if Hillary had followed the rules and not have had an unauthorized server. Or if she had not lied about it. But she is Hillary, and rules are for the little people.

davew
05-12-2017, 02:07 AM
Let me explain this all to the few here whom I have zero confidence will understand any of what I am about to explain.

Weiner had kiddy porn on his laptop along with top secret information downloaded by Huma Abedine, who was Hillarys main squeeze. This laptop was not government secure. There are felonies here and some people need to be in jail.

JustRalph
05-12-2017, 02:50 AM
Let me explain this all to the few here whom I have zero confidence will understand any of what I am about to explain.

Weiner had kiddy porn on his laptop along with top secret information downloaded by Huma Abedine, who was Hillarys main squeeze. This laptop was not government secure. There are felonies here and some people need to be in jail.

And Mr Comey ignored it

chadk66
05-12-2017, 10:55 AM
there couldn't have been a better script written on this:pound:

woodtoo
05-12-2017, 12:38 PM

After Comey made his announcement a week before the 2016 election that the FBI was reopening the Clinton email investigation, there were many Democrats who felt he was acting inappropriately.
Some called for his resignation or firing. But Obama did not fire him. Obama respected the independence of the FBI. I do not recall Hillary Clinton ever suggesting, requesting or demanding that James Comey be fired.

Fast forward several months to this week. Donald Trump fires James Comey and releases a so called recommendation from the Deputy AG stating that the reason for the firing was Comey's handling of the Clinton email investigation.

Everyone in the administration, including the vice president, doubled down on this. Democrats were understandably not convinced. They felt that Comey was fired because the investigation into the ties between Russia and the Trump campaign was getting too close to Trump.

Then came the Lester Holt interview in which Trump threw his own administration completely under the bus. He said in clear, plain English that he knew there was nothing to the Russia/Trump business; therefore he fired Comey to bring that investigation closer to a conclusion. Or, to put it another way, the only one who knows if Trump is innocent or guilty is Trump and no one else should be able to decide on that guilt or innocence.

That is classic obstruction of justice. As is the very act of asking the director of the FBI if he (Trump) is under investigation.

The left have evolved from totally deranged to full blown bat shit crazy.:faint:

Fearless Leader thinks Trump is a two term president. I doubt that he will finish his first term.
The left have come full circle from totally deranged to full bat shit crazy.

hcap
05-12-2017, 12:40 PM
This explains trumpeters as well as anything else.:D

The Story of Mr. McArthur Wheeler

http://awesci.com/the-astonishingly-funny-story-of-mr-mcarthur-wheeler/

On one fine morning in Pittsburgh (PA), in the year 1995, a man aged 44, known by the name McArthur Wheeler decided to rob a bank. Since he thought he knew a lot about a peculiar chemical property of lemon juice, he decided to smear the juice on his face before executing his plan to rob the bank.
His logic – As lemon juice can be used to write invisible letters that become visible only when the letter is held close to a heat source, he thought, the same thing would work on his face too. By smearing lemon juice all over his face, he thought that his face would become invisible to the security cameras at the bank. He did not just think that, he was pretty confident about this. He even checked his “trick” by taking a selfie with a polaroid camera. I’m not sure if the film was defective, or the camera wasn’t operated properly, but the camera did give him a blank image. The blank image made him absolutely sure that this trick would work. Or he would not have ever dared to rob a bank with lemon juice on his face.

Stephen Fry Explains Why Some People Believe Everything Donald Trump Says

https://youtu.be/rW9R6jgE7SQ

ElKabong
05-12-2017, 03:28 PM

Big deal. Yet another liberal with an unearned "prize". He and Algore and Obama can sit in a coffee shop and try to figure out why their agendas have failed

If you don't see his jealousy, pity you. Then again from the tone of your posts about Trump, I already have

mostpost
05-12-2017, 04:00 PM
Does that mean you think Trump is a d*#k? We certainly agree on that.

FantasticDan
05-12-2017, 04:17 PM
If you don't see his jealousy, pity you.
Pulling back the curtain on a charlatan isn't jealousy, it's a public service. :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
05-12-2017, 04:26 PM
Pulling back the curtain on a charlatan isn't jealousy, it's a public service. :ThmbUp:It kills you the "charlatan" defeated your polished (not) politician with strong credentials all around...:lol:

Benni
05-12-2017, 07:51 PM

Release Date:
October 7, 2016

http://thefederalist.com/2017/04/06/obamas-white-house-politicizing-intelligence-influence-2016-elections/

"The truth is that all 17 U.S. intelligence agencies did not conclude that Russia tried to interfere in the election or help Trump win. Not even close."

"U.S. intelligence agencies issued two assessments on Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. The first was an October 7 statement by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that said WikiLeaks disclosures of Democratic emails during the election were “consistent with the methods and motivations of Russian-directed efforts” but did not say there was any evidence of Russian involvement."

"Moreover, although this statement said the U.S. intelligence community held this position, the memo was issued by only two agencies, and was called a “Joint DHS and ODNI Election Security Statement.” "

"Like the October memo, congressional Democrats and the news media have said this was the unanimous conclusion of all 17 U.S. intelligence agencies. But also like the October memo, this was not the case. The January 6 assessment was an “Intelligence Community Assessment.” Such analyses are usually issued and cleared by most if not all U.S. intelligence agencies and have a statement on the first page that usually reads “this is an IC-coordinated assessment.”"

"The January 6 Intelligence Community Assessment lacked such a statement because it reflected the views of only three U.S. intelligence agencies: Central Intelligence Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and National Security Agency. The CIA and FBI concluded with high confidence that Russia intervened in the election to help Trump win. NSA concluded this with moderate confidence."

JustRalph
05-12-2017, 08:18 PM
Hey, what's Hillary doing today?

NOT BEING PRESIDENT, ONCE AGAIN!

woodtoo
05-12-2017, 08:28 PM
Trumps got this.

"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, when you move fall like a thunderbolt"

The art of war is self explanatory.

Swamp cleaning is so much fun!!

Clocker
05-12-2017, 08:30 PM

Grooming her daughter, who has the charisma of the average head of lettuce, for public office.

woodtoo
05-12-2017, 08:42 PM

How great it is.:lol:

barn32
05-12-2017, 09:18 PM

I'll take this bet for $100 (to start).

You can hold the money. Let me know where to send it.

fast4522
05-12-2017, 11:51 PM

My guess she was visiting her lawyers, the possibility of her becoming a defendant in court has become very real.

PaceAdvantage
05-13-2017, 02:13 AM
I'll take this bet for $100 (to start).

You can hold the money. Let me know where to send it.Members of this forum are not allowed to wager among each other...forum rules...sorry buddy...:p

These are, of course, "gentlemen's bets." :lol:

Tom
05-13-2017, 10:25 AM
Because he didn't have the necessary political cover to do so. It's no small matter to fire an FBI Director..

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/05/the-deputy-attorney-general-gave-trump-cover-to-fire-comey.html

Yes, in reality, it is.
You just do what is right and ignore politics.
That is called integrity, Dan....the left and press are not familiar with that.

Tom
05-13-2017, 10:32 AM
The media is obsessed with this firing and is going out of its s way to try to make people believe that Trump is bad. No longer even pretending to report news, they are writing the stories. they are so desperate that they consider a "scoop" to be Trump's dessert menu! :pound:

Fact is, the story and the firing is hardly of any interest to most people.
Election 2016 all over again. I can see Trump being a 3 term president, when you combine the left's total inability to face reality with their complete lack of math skills.........

There is no peace at the kid's table these days.

hcap
05-14-2017, 03:01 AM
Stephen Colbert Explains Why Trump’s Firing Of Comey Isn’t Really Like ‘The Godfather’

https://youtu.be/6qTQX0o2kT8

Inner Dirt
05-14-2017, 04:06 AM
Stephen Colbert Explains Why Trump’s Firing Of Comey Isn’t Really Like ‘The Godfather’

https://youtu.be/6qTQX0o2kT8

Pretty pathetic that you keep posting crap from a freakin comedian, like that would carry weight with anyone with half a brain.

hcap
05-14-2017, 04:22 AM
I have no interest anymore trying to convince you trumpeters that trump is the worst p.o.s. president EVER!! Nothing will get youse guys off the trump-teat of fake news and alternative facts. Nor do I think you telling me Colbert is not funny or talented is anything real. Just thought posting the video would get a typical PA off topic denial especially after your "hero" posted the same shit as you just did.

Just a matter of time till he is gone. He is f**king up so bad even repugs are wondering just how bat shit CRAZY he really is.

The fat orange emperor has no clothes.

EasyGoer89
05-14-2017, 04:25 AM
I have no interest anymore trying to convince you trumpeters that trump is the worst p.o.s. president EVER!! Nothing will get youse guys off the trump-teat of fake news and alternative facts. Nor do I think you telling me Colbert is not funny or talented is anything real. Just thought posting the video would get a typical PA off topic denial especially after your "hero" posted the same shit as you just did.

Just a matter of time till he is gone. He is f**king up so bad even repugs are wondering just how bat shit CRAZY he really is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnecHy2vyIQ

hcap
05-14-2017, 04:29 AM
You kepp posting this nonsense video having no relevance whatsoever to anything. What is the point of a bunch of kids giggling in a playground?

Is it a racial thing with you?

Tom
05-14-2017, 09:34 AM
His video is on par with yours.
Except yours are the rants of a homophobe.

classhandicapper
05-14-2017, 09:51 AM
There are plenty of articles around these days about how much progress they are making in AI. I'm a little skeptical. To test it, I recommend that we hand the bombs and missiles over to AI and see what it does. If it doesn't bomb all the major media outlets first, I would consider it a failed test of intelligence.

The media is so far beyond biased at this stage I don't even know how to classify it.

"Enemy" is the first thing that comes to mind, but I don't think that really covers it. An enemy can be someone that is intellectually honest with whom you disagree strongly. Bright decent people disagree strongly all the time. There isn't necessarily a connotation of underlying evil in disagreement or the word enemy (though there is in some cases).

I consider the media intellectually dishonest, biased, corrupt, an enemy, immoral, and intrinsically evil. It should be utterly destroyed by decent human beings who refuse to watch or buy their services.

Inner Dirt
05-14-2017, 10:16 AM

Why don't you go back to telling us how stupid we are that we do not believe that all of New York City and the whole state of Florida will be under water in 20 years? Your condescension toward people who don't think like you is starting to surpass Mostie, you must be a real joy to be around. Trump is my hero for only one reason, he kept the evil witch with the flying monkeys out of the White House. I have repeatedly said I wrote some one in and did not vote for Trump, I don't like the guy one bit as a person, but he is mother Teresa next to Hillary Clinton. He also at least puts America first, he isn't ashamed to be an American like the great divider who was before him.
I will admit I am starting to like Trump more and more just for the fact he makes liberals so angry and brings them to tears.

davew
05-14-2017, 10:20 AM

That is odd, because many here and in the country feel the title of worst POS president ever goes to 0bama. It may take a few years to drain his swamp of followers.

Tom
05-14-2017, 10:25 AM

You never what a crazy jerk might do.
Sign a treaty with Iran to give them nukes?
Send skids full of cash to the world's leading terror sponsor?

Boggles the mind.

Inner Dirt
05-14-2017, 10:25 AM
That is odd, because many here and in the country feel the title of worst POS president ever goes to 0bama. It may take a few years to drain his swamp of followers.

I followed politics at a young age, I was all of 7 when I stayed up all night watching election returns during Nixon vs Humphrey. In my eyes Jimmy Carter proudly held the title of worst president ever in my lifetime until Obama snatched it away.

chadk66
05-14-2017, 10:33 AM
That is odd, because many here and in the country feel the title of worst POS president ever goes to 0bama. It may take a few years to drain his swamp of followers.it takes a special kind of stupid to make that determination after 100 days :pound:

_______
05-14-2017, 12:00 PM
I've been out of contact with the world for the last week and just heard about the Comey firing last night. And I'll apologize in advance for not reading all the responses in this thread before posting my own. This might already have been in the discussion.

It probably is too early to judge his Presidency but I don't think anyone can argue that he hasn't wasted the honeymoon period where most new Presidents use the goodwill granted them to pass signature legislation. And it's not clear to me how he changes that dynamic moving forward.

Democrats will have no reason to cooperate with him. And Republicans who might be asked for their support will have to question whether the President might pull the rug out from under them on TV the way he did to his own administration on Thursday.

His own base remains rock solid. But the agenda they want to see passed seems like a much more distant possibility as time goes on and he continues stumbling over his own feet.

He also may have crossed a line when he cited the Russia investigation as one reason for firing Comey. It's hard to resist the idea this could be obstruction of justice. It's not an easy charge to prove because the key is motivation. But the fact that he even brought it up is troubling and something than no criminal defense attorney would want to have a client blurting out on TV.

It's a very poor start.

chadk66
05-14-2017, 12:51 PM
I've been out of contact with the world for the last week and just heard about the Comey firing last night. And I'll apologize in advance for not reading all the responses in this thread before posting my own. This might already have been in the discussion.

It probably is too early to judge his Presidency but I don't think anyone can argue that he hasn't wasted the honeymoon period where most new Presidents use the goodwill granted them to pass signature legislation. And it's not clear to me how he changes that dynamic moving forward.

Democrats will have no reason to cooperate with him. And Republicans who might be asked for their support will have to question whether the President might pull the rug out from under them on TV the way he did to his own administration on Thursday.

His own base remains rock solid. But the agenda they want to see passed seems like a much more distant possibility as time goes on and he continues stumbling over his own feet.

He also may have crossed a line when he cited the Russia investigation as one reason for firing Comey. It's hard to resist the idea this could be obstruction of justice. It's not an easy charge to prove because the key is motivation. But the fact that he even brought it up is troubling and something than no criminal defense attorney would want to have a client blurting out on TV.

It's a very poor start.for your argument to make any sense it would take Trump to follow the status quo of presidents. he wasn't elected to do that. he was elected to drain the swamp. that's what is happening. sit back and enjoy it like the rest of us.

_______
05-14-2017, 12:57 PM
for your argument to make any sense it would take Trump to follow the status quo of presidents. he wasn't elected to do that. he was elected to drain the swamp. that's what is happening. sit back and enjoy it like the rest of us.

You can chant "drain the swamp" all you want but it won't change the fact that he needs to pass legislation to do so.

hcap
05-14-2017, 01:01 PM
Trump meltdown sets off GOP alarms over 2018 midterm

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/13/trump-2018-midterms-gop-alarm-238342

CORONADO, Calif. — With the White House in meltdown mode, top Republican Party officials and operatives gathered at a posh oceanside resort here and contemplated a 2018 midterm election that will test them in unimaginable ways.

At the Republican National Committee’s spring meeting, strategists expressed alarm about a pair of upcoming special House elections and what they might portend for the battle for the lower chamber next year. One high-profile potential candidate outlined how he would distinguish himself from the embattled president. Just a matter of time.

davew
05-14-2017, 01:12 PM

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/13/trump-2018-midterms-gop-alarm-238342

Just a matter of time.

You are correct sir, who would have thought that even some RePugs are part of the swamp.

It may be some time until the MAD party regains control, and they may need a revolutionary war to help them.

incoming
05-14-2017, 01:13 PM
for your argument to make any sense it would take Trump to follow the status quo of presidents. he wasn't elected to do that. he was elected to drain the swamp. that's what is happening. sit back and enjoy it like the rest of us.

In the last election if the only people allowed to vote were politicians and the media, Mrs Clinton would have won in a overwhelming landslide. I think this group will find that President Trump is a formidable opponent. Time will tell...

Inner Dirt
05-14-2017, 01:34 PM
In the last election if the only people allowed to vote were politicians and the media, Mrs Clinton would have won in a overwhelming landslide. I think this group will find that President Trump is a formidable opponent. Time will tell...

He beat a stacked deck, have to give him credit for that.

hcap
05-14-2017, 01:49 PM
‘Our institutions are under assault internally’: James Clapper says Trump is a threat to the U.S. government

https://youtu.be/e_huwTwbT-8?t=49

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/14/politics/james-clapper-russia-collusion/

Clocker
05-14-2017, 02:01 PM
‘Our institutions are under assault internally’: James Clapper says Trump is a threat to the U.S. government

You seem to be assuming that's a bad thing. :p

chadk66
05-14-2017, 02:16 PM
You can chant "drain the swamp" all you want but it won't change the fact that he needs to pass legislation to do so.not necessarily. he just got rid of one disease at the FBI, no legislation needed. IRS is gonna be next. He's just getting started. relax and enjoy the ride.

hcap
05-14-2017, 02:22 PM
You seem to be assuming that's a bad thing.

I'm not the only one.

It must be so comforting for youse guys to buy into this bull. Thinking the "lame stream" media was put up to this by disgruntled dems and therefore you have nothing whatsoever to worry about
.................................................. ..........
GOP senator accuses Trump of eroding ‘trust in our institutions’ after abrupt Comey firing

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/gop-senator-accuses-trump-of-eroding-trust-in-our-institutions-after-abrupt-comey-firing/

Inner Dirt
05-14-2017, 02:45 PM
I'm not the only one.

It must be so comforting for youse guys to buy into this bull. Thinking the "lame stream" media was put up to this by disgruntled dems and therefore you have nothing whatsoever to worry about
GOP senator accuses Trump of eroding ‘trust in our institutions’ after abrupt Comey firing

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/gop-senator-accuses-trump-of-eroding-trust-in-our-institutions-after-abrupt-comey-firing/

I have no interest anymore trying to convince you trumpeters that trump is the worst p.o.s. president EVER!!

Like the left wing sources you quote your word doesn't mean spit. You constantly say you are going to stop spewing crap about a subject then start right back up a page later. I can see why you found Hillary's dishonesty so appealing.

Tom
05-14-2017, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by hcap View Post

Keep thinking that. :pound:
Fact is, most people don't give a hoot about any of the crap you guys are crying about.

Chicken Littles. Nothing more.

davew
05-14-2017, 02:48 PM
Lying under oath to Congress must be a democrat party acceptable thing .... for many people, it means a person is no longer completely reliable about anything they say.

Tom
05-14-2017, 02:53 PM
Every time a democrat tells a lie, a devil gets his horns.

BaffertsWig
05-14-2017, 03:05 PM
not necessarily. he just got rid of one disease at the FBI, no legislation needed. IRS is gonna be next.

Holy shit :pound::pound::pound:

classhandicapper
05-14-2017, 06:47 PM
The short period since this election has convinced me that I've been naive for 58 years. I now think it will be virtually impossible to clean up the mess in Washington democratically. It will require a violent revolution. I'm not sure what's going to trigger it, when it will occur, or whether the good guys or bad guys will win, My best guess is that when the establishment finally loses control of the paper monetary system and the economy gets really bad, the level of unemployment, hunger, crime, and disease will get so high, people are going to take up arms against politicians, media heads, Wall St and bank executives, central bankers and the super wealthy. If I'm alive to see it (and I suspect I might be), I won't be one of the people turning to violence, but I will not be cheering or working against them.

Show Me the Wire
05-14-2017, 07:15 PM
The short period since this election has convinced me that I've been naive for 58 years. I now think it will be virtually impossible to clean up the mess in Washington democratically. It will require a violent revolution. I'm not sure what's going to trigger it, when it will occur, or whether the good guys or bad guys will win, My best guess is that when the establishment finally loses control of the paper monetary system and the economy gets really bad, the level of unemployment, hunger, crime, and disease will get so high, people are going to take up arms against politicians, media heads, Wall St and bank executives, central bankers and the super wealthy. If I'm alive to see it (and I suspect I might be), I won't be one of the people turning to violence, but I will not be cheering or working against them.

Ever see the T.V. series Revolution?

davew
05-14-2017, 07:24 PM
Like the left wing sources you quote your word doesn't mean spit. You constantly say you are going to stop spewing crap about a subject then start right back up a page later. I can see why you found Hillary's dishonesty so appealing.

two-faced queen spewing lies was appalling

classhandicapper
05-14-2017, 07:35 PM
I'm not the only one.

You are not understanding what's going on.

The Washington establishment is primarily made up of wildly corrupt democrats, republicans, powerful members of the media, powerful members of the intelligence community, government institutions, and the Fed/Wall St banking cartel. To a large extent they are all controlled by wealthy individuals and corporations that implement policy (even if it's bad for the average American) to further their agendas and enrich themselves at our expense. There are very few decent people among them. Those are are decent are typically quickly destroyed or marginalized by the media or politically.

There are some minor political differences among all these people, but right now the one thing almost all of them are united in is keeping power and destroying Trump.

Disgruntled democrats haven't put the media up to all these biased attacks, lies and spin. The neocons are attacking also and they are republicans. They are all part of it, including members of the media. Their sole purpose is to discredit/destroy the president and prevent him from implementing any policy that conflicts with their globalist, elitist, imperialistic, anti Russia, economic and foreign policy. Trump has very little support from anywhere inside Washington or in the media. His support is outside Washington.

What I am trying to explain to you is that the people on this forum and around the country are for the most part all decent human beings that just happen to disagree on policy. The people in Washington trying to destroy Trump are not decent people that just happen to disagree with him. They are for the most part despicably horrible lying scumbag human beings whose souls should be damned to hell for eternity.

classhandicapper
05-14-2017, 07:37 PM
Ever see the T.V. series Revolution?

No. But I think I'd like it. ;)

Clocker
05-14-2017, 07:39 PM
I now think it will be virtually impossible to clean up the mess in Washington democratically.

Anyone that doubts this should read "The Triumph of Politics" by David Stockman.

Stockman was Reagan's budget director and the coordinator of Reagan's plan to downsize the government. The book describes the futility they faced, with Republicans in Congress and even members of Reagan's own cabinet fighting against cuts in spending and head counts.

The key to the federal government is special interests, and I don't think Trump has figured that out, and he is frustrated by his lack of power and control.

classhandicapper
05-14-2017, 07:41 PM
The key to the federal government is special interests, and I don't think Trump has figured that out, and he is frustrated by his lack of power and control.

He was particularly naive going in.

Show Me the Wire
05-14-2017, 07:49 PM
No. But I think I'd like it. ;)

The premise is the power grid fails and chaos and revolution follows.

_______
05-14-2017, 07:50 PM
He was particularly naive going in.

Which is itself remarkable.

I don't think you are wrong.

hcap
05-15-2017, 10:56 AM
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/05/its-a-nightmare-aggrieved-ann-coulter-fumes-about-disaster-start-to-trumps-presidency/

“It’s a nightmare,” Coulter said, while adding that if Trump keeps going in the direction he has been, she’ll have to concede that the “Trump haters were right.”

It's only a matter of time.

PaceAdvantage
05-15-2017, 11:16 AM

The fat orange emperor has no clothes.You're completely wrong on this one. Two terms baby...two terms for your nightmare scenario.

Can't wait until 2020...

PaceAdvantage
05-15-2017, 11:20 AM
He also may have crossed a line when he cited the Russia investigation as one reason for firing Comey. It's hard to resist the idea this could be obstruction of justice. It's not an easy charge to prove because the key is motivation. But the fact that he even brought it up is troubling and something than no criminal defense attorney would want to have a client blurting out on TV.How can it be obstruction of justice when the investigation is moving on, not on one, but THREE different fronts?

Every sane person knows that the firing of Comey in no way derails any investigations, especially within the FBI. Lord help us if the FBI were that fragile.

The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president. As Comey himself stated, he can be fired for any reason, or no reason at all.

Trump is just messing with people's heads, again. He's a master at it. Someone like that is good to have around when dealing with nutty foreign powers.

PaceAdvantage
05-15-2017, 11:21 AM
Just a matter of time.I think you said the same thing regarding Hillary's "inevitable" 2016 victory march...that didn't work out to swell, now did it?

Be careful out there...:lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-15-2017, 11:22 AM
‘Our institutions are under assault internally’: James Clapper says Trump is a threat to the U.S. governmentThey should lock Trump up then, and charge him with treason. What are they waiting for?

_______
05-15-2017, 11:34 AM
How can it be obstruction of justice when the investigation is moving on, not on one, but THREE different fronts?

Every sane person knows that the firing of Comey in no way derails any investigations, especially within the FBI. Lord help us if the FBI were that fragile.

The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the president. As Comey himself stated, he can be fired for any reason, or no reason at all.

Trump is just messing with people's heads, again. He's a master at it. Someone like that is good to have around when dealing with nutty foreign powers.

I think it's extremely unlikely that there was any direct coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign. Like sub 1% unlikely.

Nevertheless, if Trump's motivation in firing Comey was to derail the investigation, that meets the definition. It doesn't have to succeed to be obstruction. And there doesn't have to be an actual underlying crime.

Going on TV and stating explicitly that the investigation was among the reasons he fired Comey hands ammunition to anyone who wants to raise the arguement.

It was unwise.

hcap
05-15-2017, 11:37 AM
They should lock Trump up then, and charge him with treason. What are they waiting for?

Didn't I say "just a matter of time"?

chadk66
05-15-2017, 11:49 AM
The short period since this election has convinced me that I've been naive for 58 years. I now think it will be virtually impossible to clean up the mess in Washington democratically. It will require a violent revolution. I'm not sure what's going to trigger it, when it will occur, or whether the good guys or bad guys will win, My best guess is that when the establishment finally loses control of the paper monetary system and the economy gets really bad, the level of unemployment, hunger, crime, and disease will get so high, people are going to take up arms against politicians, media heads, Wall St and bank executives, central bankers and the super wealthy. If I'm alive to see it (and I suspect I might be), I won't be one of the people turning to violence, but I will not be cheering or working against them.I think your right. I think we may see it in our lifetime. And I'm 51 lol. But I would highly recommend you pick a team because it's not gonna be pretty. And make sure you pick the right one lol. And that isn't hard to decipher ;)

PaceAdvantage
05-15-2017, 12:07 PM
Didn't I say "just a matter of time"?You mean, stretch it out over his entire 4 years so that they might have a chance in 2020?

You don't mean like "they actually have something and are just dotting the i's and crossing the t's?"

Because if that were so, Hillary would be President right now, because all of this would have come out long ago.

Remember, Trump is the biggest idiot in the world. So, the biggest idiot in the world shouldn't be so hard to investigate and uncover the "big lie/big news" that will bury him once and for all.

Face it, there is no there, there. If there was, it would have come out long ago when everyone started looking, as soon as they realized this guy was going to win the nomination.

I mean, they trudged out all those women to claim he hit on them inappropriately...where are all the witnesses claiming he colluded with Russia? No front page NYT story? Where are they all hiding? Why aren't they coming out of the woodwork by now?

Tom
05-15-2017, 07:04 PM
How can it be obstruction of justice when the investigation is moving on, not on one, but THREE different fronts?

The same way he is covering up a crime that doesn't exist.
The left needs no basis in reality for anything.

The is ONLY ONE crime that we know was committed, and that is the outing of Michael Flynn. The ONLY crime with any proof it exists.

davew
05-15-2017, 11:24 PM
The same way he is covering up a crime that doesn't exist.
The left needs no basis in reality for anything.

The is ONLY ONE crime that we know was committed, and that is the outing of Michael Flynn. The ONLY crime with any proof it exists.

That is how they divert attention away from themselves....

mostpost
05-15-2017, 11:27 PM
You mean, stretch it out over his entire 4 years so that they might have a chance in 2020?
This will all be resolved long before 2020 and you are not going to like the results.

You don't mean like "they actually have something and are just dotting the i's and crossing the t's?"
It's a lot more complicated than just dotting i's and crossing t's. The fact that they have yet to announce any indictments yet is totally meaningless.

Because if that were so, Hillary would be President right now, because all of this would have come out long ago.
The basics did come out long ago, it's too bad that so many people refused to see it. On the other hand, it would be wrong to base an electoral decision on something that was yet to be proven.

Remember, Trump is the biggest idiot in the world. So, the biggest idiot in the world shouldn't be so hard to investigate and uncover the "big lie/big news" that will bury him once and for all.
Ever heard of the term, "Idiot savant?" Trump may be an idiot in a lot of areas, yet be smart in self preservation.

Face it, there is no there, there. If there was, it would have come out long ago when everyone started looking, as soon as they realized this guy was going to win the nomination.

I mean, they trudged out all those women to claim he hit on them inappropriately...where are all the witnesses claiming he colluded with Russia? No front page NYT story? Where are they all hiding? Why aren't they coming out of the woodwork by now?
Two completely different scenarios. The women Trump assaulted were victims. It was in their best interest to come forward. The Russians were co conspirators. Why would they come forward?

Clocker
05-16-2017, 12:02 AM
The Russians were co conspirators.

Where is the evidence?

Americans questioned the legitimacy of the last Russian election, and of Putin as the winner. Putin was not very happy about that and was looking for revenge. The Russians obviously thought that Hillary would win, which is why they went after her campaign, to discredit her election.

If Trump won, all the better, because they felt that Trump would be better for them than Hillary, but at the time they thought that would just be icing on the cake.

EasyGoer89
05-16-2017, 01:43 AM
Two completely different scenarios. The women Trump assaulted were victims. It was in their best interest to come forward. The Russians were co conspirators. Why would they come forward?

Trump assaulted someone?

Clocker
05-16-2017, 01:45 AM
Trump assaulted someone?

Insulted. The terms are identical for snowflakes.

woodtoo
05-16-2017, 06:48 AM
Insulted. The terms are identical for snowflakes.

Watching the meltdowns is much more than amusing and disgusting.

You know being totally voluntary.

dkithore
05-16-2017, 08:53 AM
I think the significant news is not about Russians but the fradulent voting that has happened. today I heard that in the state of NC courts have upheld the the current law "no ID required to vote". There are several states in this group. Dems are happy about it of course. But there is a way to stop illegal voting from happening without the courts approval. That is the feds can post ICE agents at random spots to instill fear of God in their hearts to even try committing a fraud. Especially in California and New York.

Is it discrimination? Perhaps. I am hoping that such tactics may not be warranted if ICE continues to do the excellent job.

PaceAdvantage
05-16-2017, 09:42 AM
Two completely different scenarios. The women Trump assaulted were victims. It was in their best interest to come forward. The Russians were co conspirators. Why would they come forward?Not the Russians you simple man. The people on THIS SIDE that Trump had on his team conspiring with the Ruskies.

Are you telling me Trump did all this solo? Where are his "associates" coming out to sing like birds to avoid prosecution? You know, get their share of witness protection and immunity? I mean, this is all inevitable if I am to believe you and the hardcore left...

I guess you're still in denial. If you thought 2016 was bad, 2020 is going to devastate you.

Ocala Mike
05-16-2017, 10:12 AM
PA = Pathetic Apologists.

When the RAT's (Republicans Against Trump) start abandoning ship, there won't be enough lifeboats.

You know it will soon be over; they're starting to call Trump a "lifelong Democrat."

Greyfox
05-16-2017, 10:31 AM
If you thought 2016 was bad, 2020 is going to devastate you.

If the melodrama soap serial that appears each week centering about Trump's White House continues much longer, the electorate will change the channel before 2020.

classhandicapper
05-16-2017, 10:42 AM
So much is being leaked to the press that if the IC had any real evidence of Trump's collusion with the Russians related to the election, it would have been leaked by now. There's NO evidence.

What we are probably looking at is that businessmen in the Trump organization and possibly even Trump have done legitimate business in Russia, which of course is a corrupt country. So to do business you also probably have to become mildly involved with some unsavory characters. Think of it as similar to getting construction done in NYC or Atlantic City. You think Trump has never dealt with mafia characters to get his jobs done? I'd bet anything he has and so has everyone else in his position. But that kind of unavoidable part of doing business in a corrupt world is vastly different than secret meetings with Putin or his associates on how to throw the election.

Tom
05-16-2017, 06:03 PM
PA = Pathetic Apologists.

When the RAT's (Republicans Against Trump) start abandoning ship, there won't be enough lifeboats.

You know it will soon be over; they're starting to call Trump a "lifelong Democrat."

Nice rant.
Was it supposed have some relevance to this thread? :pound:

PaceAdvantage
05-16-2017, 06:04 PM
I'll post this first so the anti-Trumpers can give their fingers a rest...

It's being reported that Comey wrote in a memo that Trump asked him to end the Flynn investigation.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Greyfox
05-16-2017, 06:08 PM

It's being reported that Comey wrote in a memo that Trump asked him to end the Flynn investigation.

If true, whoever leaked that memo should be fired.
That is the main problem that Trump is having now - too many leaks from weasels within the Govt.

Show Me the Wire
05-16-2017, 06:14 PM

I started a new thread.

Tom
05-16-2017, 06:19 PM
If true, whoever leaked that memo should be fired.
That is the main problem that Trump is having now - too many leaks from weasels within the Govt.

Trump should just offer a $10 million reward for anyone who rats on the leakers.

He can afford it.

Then, he can have them arrested for obstruction justice! And take back the money. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-16-2017, 06:39 PM
If this was a Comey memo, there is no leak from the White House...it's a leak from the FBI...

Ocala Mike
05-16-2017, 07:23 PM
Nice rant.
Was it supposed have some relevance to this thread? :pound:

Considering I wrote it before the latest shitstorm hit, I think it's kinda prescient.

Anyway, I'm sure all 79,000+ of yours were spot on (although I still think the monkey typed many of them).

wisconsin
05-16-2017, 07:23 PM
I wrote a memo that Trump promised me one million dollars if I voted for him. No, really, I wrote it down.

Unless Comey entered his so-called memo under some sort of word document or into twitter or other form of media, something dated, how could this ever stand up as "evidence"?

Greyfox
05-16-2017, 07:46 PM
If Trump said something to Comey that might be interpreted as "obstruction of justice," why didn't Comey a. charge him b. take it to the Attorney General, or c. take it to a Committee of the Senate or Congress?
Comey, who was a Prosecutor at one time, knows the law and he didn't do any of those things.
Bringing memos of that nature up now are part of a Smear Trump movement.

wisconsin
05-16-2017, 09:40 PM
If Trump said something to Comey that might be interpreted as "obstruction of justice," why didn't Comey a. charge him b. take it to the Attorney General, or c. take it to a Committee of the Senate or Congress?
Comey, who was a Prosecutor at one time, knows the law and he didn't do any of those things.
Bringing memos of that nature up now are part of a Smear Trump movement.

:ThmbUp:

jk3521
05-17-2017, 07:39 AM

We can only guess that he wrote the memo in case he was confronted face to face with POTUS when he was going to be fired and the memo could be used as leverage. Of course it didn't work out that way , he was fired without any meeting . It was a long distance firing, not like on "Reality T.V."