PDA

View Full Version : Back room machinations

ultracapper
05-06-2017, 06:02 AM
in the 11th at SA 5/6/17 :4: Always Never.

2nd lifetime start wins a MC for Puype and the breeder/owner. Claimed out of the race by Miller. Miller races him 10 months later, then shelves him. During that shelving period, the horse is reacquired by Puype and the breeder/owner.

Anybody have any knowledge or guesses as to what the story could be? I've seen this before, where a horse is claimed, and then later the connections that originally had the horse, get it back, not through the claim box, but by some other, unrecorded-in-DRF, process. A private sale initiated by the original connections? By the new connections? Some other method or reason for the transfer-back? Did Miller say to Puype I really don't like this horse, or the horse isn't right, I'm going to do something with him, do you want him back?

Hope some of you folks might know what this scenario could mean.

Fager Fan
05-06-2017, 09:08 AM
The most likely scenario is that the prior connections wanted the horse back so reached out to the new connections, made an offer, and it was accepted.

Most of the time, the way a private horse sale is initiated is by an interested party contacting the current owner or trainer about the possibility of buying the horse. Other times, the owner or trainer puts out the word a horse is for sale to see if they can get any bites.

ultracapper
05-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Love the backstretch. Know nothing about.

Thanks Fager