PDA

View Full Version : my derby picks

tanner12oz
05-05-2017, 09:47 PM
Because everyone else is throwing stuff up..

Gunnevara....not sure the pace plays to his advantage but what has he done wrong? Not overly concerned with the surface...should show his typical wicked move. Is he going to win? Maybe but I think he's likely to run his race and give it a punchers chance.

Practical joke..not thrilled with the post but lije my other pick he runs his races. Hard trier who has yet to throw in that mystery dead last show nothing performance. He's a consistent sort who I expect to bring his a game and be fighting tooth and nail down the stretch. Connections are top notch and I expect this one to be ready to go tomorrow.

No clue what I'm doing but would rather have my cash on the more consistent runners vs alot if the mystery wild cards we have this year...expect these two will run there typical race and that might be enough with all the flaky runners we have this year

boys at tosconova
05-05-2017, 11:07 PM
Because everyone else is throwing stuff up..

Gunnevara....not sure the pace plays to his advantage but what has he done wrong? Not overly concerned with the surface...should show his typical wicked move. Is he going to win? Maybe but I think he's likely to run his race and give it a punchers chance.

Practical joke..not thrilled with the post but lije my other pick he runs his races. Hard trier who has yet to throw in that mystery dead last show nothing performance. He's a consistent sort who I expect to bring his a game and be fighting tooth and nail down the stretch. Connections are top notch and I expect this one to be ready to go tomorrow.

No clue what I'm doing but would rather have my cash on the more consistent runners vs alot if the mystery wild cards we have this year...expect these two will run there typical race and that might be enough with all the flaky runners we have this year

every year i bet many horses like this gunny horse in the KD. and every year they come up short. these gunny type horses have taken plenty of money from me.

if i were to bet gunny in the exacs i would play him w/ mckrak, tapwrit, and hence. and just toss the top 3

WJ47
05-06-2017, 01:03 AM
I like Gunnevera a little too. If he gets the fast pace, I could see him winning. Castellano had him too far back in the Florida Derby. Disgusted me with his ride.

wisconsin
05-06-2017, 12:35 PM
Maybe JJ was saving his best, you know, get him into the money and live for another more important day.