PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find info on female family 1 and 23b?

dballard125
04-30-2017, 08:34 PM
Would like to see what horses have these female families in their pedigrees. Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Julz
04-30-2017, 09:45 PM
I believe there are only two this year, however you are on track with the best performing families in the derby. Female family 1 the only contender is fast and accurate and he comes from family 1-W. The best Family 1 is actually 1-X, however there are none with 1-X. The only contender with 23-b is gormley. If you pull up www.pedigreequery.com, you will see a search box around the top left of the page. Type in the horses name and hit search. The horses breeding will come up. If there are a number of horses with the same name, you will have to click on the one that says USA 2014. When the info comes up you will see the horses name and the year 2014 next to it. To the right of the year you will see in parentheses with the number of the female family. It's fairly easy. The number refers to the female family pedigree at the very bottom of the page and should be colored in all pink. Let me know if that's what you're looking for or if you need additional info.

dballard125
04-30-2017, 10:00 PM
Thanks Julz. Much appreciated!

Julz
04-30-2017, 10:30 PM
You got it D!! Good luck!!

PhantomOnTour
05-01-2017, 08:47 AM
Learn something new every day...I had never heard of the these Female Families and their classifications.
Interesting stuff :ThmbUp:

Julz
05-01-2017, 10:18 AM
Family 1 and 23b are responsible for the most derby winners, so there's something to it. They also weigh in heavily when building your tickets for in the money finishes. You can do a quick Google search of thoroughbred female families, and more specifically Google family 1 and 23 b. There's plenty of information out there if you're interested in reading more about it.