PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft

barahona44
04-27-2017, 01:11 PM
The NFL draft is tonight and as usual at least one or two teams will reach for a QB and suffer the consequences.The Browns have the first choice and they should, if they're smart, take Miles Garrett the DE from Texas A&M.The success rate for pass rushers drafted number one overall is solid.Mitchell Trubisky is slated to be the first QB taken but my question is if he couldn't win the starting job for a rather average football school like North Carolina until his senior year, why would he be considered a franchise quarterback in the NFL? And if you're going Top 5 you should be a well above average, if not franchise quality,quarterback.But somebody will take the chance on him.Ideally, for him, he would go to the Saints(picking at 11) and sit behind Drew Brees for a couple of years to take the baton.But he won't last that long.

proximity
04-27-2017, 05:11 PM
maybe the cardinals grab a quarterback?

hope to see reuben foster fall to the colts.

Jess Hawsen Arown
04-27-2017, 05:53 PM
The NFL draft is tonight and as usual at least one or two teams will reach for a QB and suffer the consequences.The Browns have the first choice and they should, if they're smart, take Miles Garrett the DE from Texas A&M.The success rate for pass rushers drafted number one overall is solid.Mitchell Trubisky is slated to be the first QB taken but my question is if he couldn't win the starting job for a rather average football school like North Carolina until his senior year, why would he be considered a franchise quarterback in the NFL? And if you're going Top 5 you should be a well above average, if not franchise quality,quarterback.But somebody will take the chance on him.Ideally, for him, he would go to the Saints(picking at 11) and sit behind Drew Brees for a couple of years to take the baton.But he won't last that long.

I don't follow college football, and a lot of "experts" agree with you about Garrett. However one HOF lineman who knows a little about the position, Warren Sapp, came out strongly against him.

“I don’t see it from this kid. I see the splash plays; everybody gets those. Where’s the game he took over? Where? Any defensive lineman who’s the No. 1 pick, you turn up and you say, ‘There it is!’ This kid, no, I don’t. I’m a pretty plain and frank guy, and I watch the tape and he disappears. I watch the tape, and he absolutely disappears.”

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19225223/warren-sapp-think-myles-garrett-no-1-pick

Don't know why he came out so nasty.

Meanwhile, mom fights back. Don't cross mom.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/nfl-draft-2017-myles-garrett-mother-warren-sapp-response-throwing-shade-video

MutuelClerk
04-27-2017, 06:45 PM
Agree about picking a QB in the first round. Especially early first round. Reeks of desperation.

barahona44
04-27-2017, 06:57 PM
Agree about picking a QB in the first round. Especially early first round. Reeks of desperation.
I think back to 2011 when Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder all went in the top 12 picks.Locker's out of football and Gabbert and Ponder have been backups most of their careers.

Cam's done OK . :)

ElKabong
04-27-2017, 11:03 PM
Deshaun Watson was a steal, imho. I think the world of the guy as a player and leader.

Not sure why Jonathan Allen slid so far. And cam Robinson still on the board? Surprised.

PhantomOnTour
04-28-2017, 12:16 AM
Deshaun Watson was a steal, imho. I think the world of the guy as a player and leader.

Not sure why Jonathan Allen slid so far. And cam Robinson still on the board? Surprised.

Watson will be a bust, period.
He isn't an accurate passer and that's the end of the story.

proximity
04-28-2017, 03:47 AM

i think there are concerns about allen's shoulders?

imo the 49ers crushed it.

colts pass on foster but who expected hooker to still be on the board? :cool:

ElKabong
04-28-2017, 01:51 PM
Watson will be a bust, period.
He isn't an accurate passer and that's the end of the story.

Reminds me of when the Cowboys drafted staubach. Lot of scouts were off him because he was a "run first qb. Would fit into today's nfl" etc etc.

I think Watson has a quality that staubach had. He's a winner. Some scouts can see it, most don't. I'm pulling for the guy, it will be fun to watch.

PhantomOnTour
04-28-2017, 02:13 PM
Reminds me of when the Cowboys drafted staubach. Lot of scouts were off him because he was a "run first qb. Would fit into today's nfl" etc etc.

I think Watson has a quality that staubach had. He's a winner. Some scouts can see it, most don't. I'm pulling for the guy, it will be fun to watch.

I agree somewhat...he's a fantastic leader, a winner, and of great character, but just looks like a college QB to me. Don't think he throws the ball well enough to succeed in the NFL