PDA

View Full Version : Opening weekend at Belmont

thespaah
04-27-2017, 12:03 AM
Friday 9 races. 4 on the weeds. 103 entered.....
Saturday 9 races. one stake 5 turf races.....84 entered
The not so great news. 12 of the 18 races carded are sprints.
It ok though. Belmont means spring has finally arrived...

EasyGoer89
04-27-2017, 03:01 AM
I love sprints because they're easier to predict race flow and the fractions are normally 'sprint like'

In routes, I'm going to lose a certain pct of my bets because there's a 51 half and I'm nowhere to be found and there's no flow....that type of stuff Happens less In sprints.

I think. :D

Dahoss9698
04-27-2017, 07:38 AM
Opening day card is very strong. Haven't dug into Saturday's yet but strongest opening day card in sometime.

PaceAdvantage
04-27-2017, 10:51 AM
I liked what I saw flipping through tomorrow's card quickly...and compared to what we've been getting lately...well, you know.

As for turf sprints, I like them - always have. And since we haven't seen any around these parts in like, forever, they are probably a popular draw at entry time, so why not have a bunch of them? You can't please everyone I suppose.

SG4
04-27-2017, 11:33 PM
So NYRA is apparently ditching the late pick 5 for the foreseeable future on race cards with 10 or more races. Nice customer friendly move, why let a low-takeout wager which handled quite nicely continue, but heaven forbid they touch the pair of quinellas offered each day or the grand slam.

I also particularly like how there was zero mention of this on any NYRA press outlet (if I missed it, please feel free to correct me), and the only place I saw it was slipped in as the last sentence in a DRF article. When the bet started though everyone was happy to tout it, now quiet, but please go back to promoting the crap out of the exclusive NYRA bets pick 4's.

no breathalyzer
04-28-2017, 03:53 AM
So NYRA is apparently ditching the late pick 5 for the foreseeable future on race cards with 10 or more races. Nice customer friendly move, why let a low-takeout wager which handled quite nicely continue, but heaven forbid they touch the pair of quinellas offered each day or the grand slam.

I also particularly like how there was zero mention of this on any NYRA press outlet (if I missed it, please feel free to correct me), and the only place I saw it was slipped in as the last sentence in a DRF article. When the bet started though everyone was happy to tout it, now quiet, but please go back to promoting the crap out of the exclusive NYRA bets pick 4's.

if true is a bitch move for sure..... after the way they promoted it

no breathalyzer
04-28-2017, 03:56 AM
I liked what I saw flipping through tomorrow's card quickly...and compared to what we've been getting lately...well, you know.

As for turf sprints, I like them - always have. And since we haven't seen any around these parts in like, forever, they are probably a popular draw at entry time, so why not have a bunch of them? You can't please everyone I suppose.

love them i can't get enough of 7f races on turf as well!

lamboguy
04-28-2017, 04:41 AM
if anyone really loves horse racing, he has to love this Belmont meet. its really incredible and second to none.

congratulations to all those that were responsible for putting this all together. you deserve a big play on your programs.

RunForTheRoses
04-28-2017, 06:55 AM

I didn't know that, the last 5 races usually are/were more preferable to the first 5.