PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong Racing ; The maximum a proffesional horseplayer can make

fishorsechess
07-31-2004, 05:21 PM
I heard the mutuel handle on ONE race in Hong Kong
racetracks can equal the total handle of one day's racing
at Santa Anita or Hollywood. Seems like the place to
bet if you are a big better and don't want to affect the
odds much. They say the maximum a professional horseplayer
can make here in the U.S. is in the six figures betting
proffesionally. However I think if you play Hong Kong
tracks you can make in the millions as one reader at PA
stated recently. Does anyone know where to get PP's
on Hong Kong and how to bet them online? No I am
not a big better YET.

NoDayJob
07-31-2004, 07:42 PM
You might want to start here:

http://search.netscape.com/ns/search?fromPage=nsBrowserRoll&query=hong+kong+horse+racing

NDJ

Macdiarmadillo
08-01-2004, 01:43 AM
A million in HK dollars is six figures in US dollars. $1HK = .12-.13 US.

Have fun with the 14 horse fields, different info between Cantonese and English PPs, Griffin races and all that. Too tough for me!

Holy Bull
08-01-2004, 03:48 AM
Why would the maximum be a couple of hundred thousand on US races?

charleslanger
08-01-2004, 04:18 AM
Data prices seem very reasonable-- especially the lifetime/historical for ALL active horses,,,,,,, http://www.horseracing.com.hk/subscribe.htm

granted, it's only one track & not year round, but still......

ranchwest
08-01-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Holy Bull
Why would the maximum be a couple of hundred thousand on US races?

If you bet exotics, the most you can take down is the pool size less take less wager. It is tough to hit a high percentage and play very many races and if you're often pulling down the whole pool, you can't increase your wagers and make more.

If you bet win, it takes a lot of churn to make 200,000.

formula_2002
08-01-2004, 10:19 AM
WHAT'S THE TAKE-OUT AT THESE TRACKS?

Joe M

charleslanger
08-01-2004, 10:39 AM
Against management's wishes(who all have taken salary deductions a few years in a row), it was just increased to 18% on win / place / quinella, and 20% on exotics-- in spite of handle declines 6 years in a row(as well as purse declines for some time too)..... combine this with their 'discouraging' of whales & techies: our industry hasn't cornered the market on myopia by a longshot.......

Holy Bull
08-01-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by ranchwest
If you bet exotics, the most you can take down is the pool size less take less wager. It is tough to hit a high percentage and play very many races and if you're often pulling down the whole pool, you can't increase your wagers and make more.

If you bet win, it takes a lot of churn to make 200,000.

They sure do run a lot of races though. I just they would invent a machine that would help you process large amounts of data and that you could program to make
logical decisions from. Hey wait a second!