PDA

View Full Version : Judge Blocks Feds from Withholding funds to Sanctuary Cities

delayjf
04-25-2017, 06:47 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-judge-blocks-trump-order-sanctuary-city-money-201541811.html

May just have to our right arrest the Gov Officials who break the law. This thing needs to get to the Supreme Court asap.

letswastemoney
04-25-2017, 09:26 PM
And this issue is partially why Donald Trump won. A large enough amount of people from both main parties are disgusted by illegal immigration, regardless of its possible benefits.

JustRalph
04-25-2017, 09:48 PM
Reading that the Judge is a 200k bundler for Obama

fast4522
04-25-2017, 09:56 PM
This struggle is a fight for low paid workers, large numbers of lower paid are not coming in droves as before President Donald J. Trump. In large city's restaurants can not find staff at the price they want to pay, at the same time fast food is automating. The result is someone who wants a job in a restaurant is hired fast, but maybe not as cheep as an illegal.

davew
04-25-2017, 10:09 PM
Reading that the Judge is a 200k bundler for Obama

Yes, but how much did he bundle for McCain and Romney? They are not necessarily a dem dim.

JustRalph
04-25-2017, 11:15 PM
This struggle is a fight for low paid workers, large numbers of lower paid are not coming in droves as before President Donald J. Trump. In large city's restaurants can not find staff at the price they want to pay, at the same time fast food is automating. The result is someone who wants a job in a restaurant is hired fast, but maybe not as cheep as an illegal.

my wife owns and runs a restaurant in a large city. She cannot hire illegals. E-verify takes care of that. She has mostly minority employees. She could give a crap about race or anything else. BASIC COMMON SENSE WOULD BE A GODSEND! Immigration enforcement won't change anything for most.

Her pay rate is slightly above her competitors. It makes not one damn bit of difference. We have 77 employees. And 8-10 slots are constantly rotating new employees. Mostly kitchen staff. The wait staff stays the same mostly. Our kitchen staff makes more than our competitors and we have some 12-13 yr employees in our kitchen. There is just a segment of society that rotates through these jobs constantly. They make it to tax time, get a big refund and disappear. They get a new job a month or two later, do it again. Others have windfalls and disappear. That 8-10 are the same ones who miss work due to baby daddy and baby momma issues, being arrested, no transportation etc. Immigration is the last thing that will change things for my wife. There's a ton of other things to deal with........

Clocker
04-26-2017, 12:52 AM
my wife owns and runs a restaurant in a large city. She cannot hire illegals. E-verify takes care of that. She has mostly minority employees. She could give a crap about race or anything else. BASIC COMMON SENSE WOULD BE A GODSEND! Immigration enforcement won't change anything for most.

I have it on good authority from the moonbat media that it is racist and offensive to expect people of other cultures to conform to your white privileged standards of punctuality and absenteeism. :D

chadk66
04-26-2017, 02:54 PM
and this surprises anybody? all this does is further solidify breaking up the 9th circus

Clocker
04-26-2017, 04:54 PM
It appears that both Trump and the judge were show-boating. According to a National Review article by Andrew McCarthy, a former assistant US Attorney, the executive order simply announces that the Justice Department will begin enforcing existing law that the Obama DOJ, using prosecutorial discretion, was not enforcing.

The judge states in his order that the DOJ testified at the hearing that the E.O. "is merely an exercise the of President's bully pulpit to highlight a changed approach to immigration enforcement".

The judge acknowledges that the administration has the authority to do what they say they will do, then spends some 49 pages lecturing that the DOJ can enforce existing law, but cannot put new conditions on existing funding without Congressional action. Apparently the judge was reacting to Trump's speeches and tweets threatening more drastic action. So this injunction prevents the DOJ from doing something that they weren't doing anyway, and had no plans to do.

Ain't politics fun! :p

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447058/trump-administration-sanctuary-city-executive-order-activist-liberal-judge-william-h-orrick (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447058/trump-administration-sanctuary-city-executive-order-activist-liberal-judge-william-h-orrick)

fast4522
04-26-2017, 05:15 PM

Her pay rate is slightly above her competitors. It makes not one damn bit of difference. We have 77 employees. And 8-10 slots are constantly rotating new employees. Mostly kitchen staff. The wait staff stays the same mostly. Our kitchen staff makes more than our competitors and we have some 12-13 yr employees in our kitchen. There is just a segment of society that rotates through these jobs constantly. They make it to tax time, get a big refund and disappear. They get a new job a month or two later, do it again. Others have windfalls and disappear. That 8-10 are the same ones who miss work due to baby daddy and baby momma issues, being arrested, no transportation etc. Immigration is the last thing that will change things for my wife. There's a ton of other things to deal with........

Your wife takes the high road and does not get raided, it is funny how those raids always nets double digit numbers as ICE always knows where to hit. Without illegals inside the mix or much less of them it is making people hard to find, the article I read was from San Francisco and I know I should have posted it. Again the article was pointing that these illegals were doing a job that Americans did not want to do, I took that as lower paid. Obviously your wife pays better for those who are better performers, it was not intended for those who are doing things correctly.

fast4522
04-26-2017, 05:59 PM
Don't mess with Texas.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_XGR_SANCTUARY_CITIES_TEXAS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-04-26-17-31-14

Tom
04-26-2017, 07:23 PM
The EO contains nothing new.
It merely states that the existing laws will be enforce.

This was needed because the last POS scumbucket illegal alien of a potus chose NOT to follow the laws.

The POS scumbucket judge is is outright lying about certain
parts of the EO is his fantasy opinion.

He is clearly not a justice but a political hack, and like all democrats, an enemy of Americans.