PDA

View Full Version : Reach the World euthanized

Psychotic Parakeet
04-22-2017, 12:12 PM
He was supposed to run either in the Preakness or Belmont, was euthanized this morning at Santa Anita after getting injured.

https://twitter.com/DRFAndersen/status/855813104239640576

Lemon Drop Husker
04-22-2017, 12:40 PM
:(

:rip:

PowerUpPaynter
04-22-2017, 02:22 PM

terrible just terrible

jocko699
04-22-2017, 05:29 PM

So sad to hear of this.

Fager Fan
04-22-2017, 11:44 PM
I preface this by saying that I'm not blaming anyone. Horses can easily show no outward signs that anything is wrong. But in hindsight, it does make you wonder if this may explain his recent races not living up to expectations.

Condolences to all the connections.

Mulerider
04-22-2017, 11:58 PM
Terrible news. Condolences to all the connections.

Dahoss9698
04-23-2017, 10:45 PM
I preface this by saying that I'm not blaming anyone. Horses can easily show no outward signs that anything is wrong. But in hindsight, it does make you wonder if this may explain his recent races not living up to expectations.

Condolences to all the connections.

Classic internet post. The ol' "I'm blaming somebody but I'm too afraid to actually say it."

You actually think getting hurt in a workout weeks after his most recent race explains why he hadn't yet (after 4 starts) lived up to what his connections thought of him? Wow.

It's called an accident for a reason.

VigorsTheGrey
04-23-2017, 11:11 PM
What was the exact nature of the accident/ injury...how far into the workout did it occur...? Who was riding...? Been following this horse for awhile now, so sad to hear this...

Psychotic Parakeet
04-24-2017, 12:40 AM
What was the exact nature of the accident/ injury...how far into the workout did it occur...? Who was riding...? Been following this horse for awhile now, so sad to hear this...

It was a "severe sesamoid fracture" according to The Bloodhorse.

VigorsTheGrey
04-24-2017, 12:47 AM
Thank you, I just found the article..http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/221129/reach-the-world-euthanized-after-training-injury

Fager Fan
04-24-2017, 08:47 PM
Classic internet post. The ol' "I'm blaming somebody but I'm too afraid to actually say it."

You actually think getting hurt in a workout weeks after his most recent race explains why he hadn't yet (after 4 starts) lived up to what his connections thought of him? Wow.

It's called an accident for a reason.

There are few "accidents" in racing. It doesn't mean anyone is to blame, but severe fractures usually are the result of pre-existing microfractures. Trainers have to walk a line between proper stressing of the bone and not overstressing the bone, which isn't equal between horses.

And yes, everyone knows that something being up with the horse physically often explains otherwise inexplicable results.

Thanks for pointing out the post in the Vic thread, else I would've missed your great reply.

Dahoss9698
04-24-2017, 10:05 PM
There are few "accidents" in racing. It doesn't mean anyone is to blame, but severe fractures usually are the result of pre-existing microfractures. Trainers have to walk a line between proper stressing of the bone and not overstressing the bone, which isn't equal between horses.

And yes, everyone knows that something being up with the horse physically often explains otherwise inexplicable results.

Thanks for pointing out the post in the Vic thread, else I would've missed your great reply.

You know nothing about this situation. You're spouting off like you usually do and have no idea what you're talking about.

Fager Fan
04-24-2017, 10:14 PM
You know nothing about this situation. You're spouting off like you usually do and have no idea what you're talking about.

I assure you I know far more about these things than you do.

Now go bully someone else for awhile. Vic and I only make two for today. Surely you haven't met your quota.

Dahoss9698
04-24-2017, 10:17 PM
I assure you I know far more about these things than you do.

Now go bully someone else for awhile. Vic and I only make two for today. Surely you haven't met your quota.

No, you know absolutely nothing about this particular situation. That's a fact.

The bully stuff is cute. I disagree so I'm bullying. Is it hard to type through tears?