PDA

View Full Version : R9 Keeneland G2 Elkhorn

Lemon Drop Husker
04-22-2017, 08:12 AM
After an exhaustive study of 10 minutes, I believe I've found the best wagering race of the day.

1 1/2 Mile. (Turf) Elkhorn-G2 Dixiana Elkhorn S. Grade II Purse $250,000 FOUR YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD

:1: Interpol: I really can't dismiss. Woodbiners have done well in the past shipping to Keeneland, and this one looks ugly on the form, but not THAT ugly. Has really had no excuses, so I have to pass on the railbird.

:2: Danish Dynaformer: Really good horse ships in like most. Will be coming late like a number of others but likely from really deep. Been running at this level for a while, but has yet to really contend. Hard to back for anything but backend Tri/Super.

:3: Red Rifle: Pretty sure I've lost a paycheck or two on this one. Just like many other Money Burners, this one looks really good on paper, but always fails when it really matters. I feel like I'm a part owner in Madefromlucky.

:4: Itsinthepost: A rising sort that is IN FORM per say. Beat Ashleyluvssugar last out, and is rolling off 6 straight exacta finishes. Newly introduced to Graded Stakes racing in his last 3, but that hasn't slowed his roll. Serious contender.

:5: Bigger Picture: This guy really is an all or nothing type sort. 23 career races, 9 wins, 4 seconds, and 1 3rd. Not sure he is ready for this level of competition though, and the ML of 7/2 seems way off.

:6: Bullards Alley: If he gets to the board, or even wins, he'll have to come from likely dead last. But he will come. :5: beat him last time at this distance. Tough to play.

:7: Gray Wizard: Smoking Joe Bravo will need to create a miracle for this one to even hit the board. Nice horse. Just not good enough for these unless numerous rides are disastrous.

:8: Taghleeb: Honestly, this is one of my favorite horses, and yet I never really ever wager on him. Just always seems to land in tough spots, and this is no different. Overbet, overplayed, and struggles to hit the board while always running his heart out. 4/1 ML is disturbing as he should be 10/1.

:9: Charming Kitten: A Kitten's Joy at Keeneland and the Ramsay's own him? Shocking. In reality, his last two are awful. Will undoubtedly be overbet.

:10: Chocolote Ride: Favored in his last 3 races. Hasn't sniffed 12 panels yet, but will surely be a pace factor. Holy crap is this a money burner.

SUMMARY: I'm on the :4:. Nothing else is the least bit intriguing. I'll take 3/1.

MonmouthParkJoe
04-22-2017, 09:30 AM
I like the 4 as well. Not sure who is going to cut the pace but he should be just off it. In a race like this I would lean towards someone that has been running well and has done so at this distance.

olddaddy
04-22-2017, 10:09 AM
Grass course should be soft, I think the pace will be the :1::11:. Ill go with both.

Lemon Drop Husker
04-22-2017, 10:18 AM
Grass course should be soft, I think the pace will be the :1::11:. Ill go with both.

Oh good grief.

:10: Roman Approval: Front runner that rarely hits.

:11: Chocolate Ride:

I wish I had an excuse for the omission of :10: Roman Approval. I don't. I'm just that stupid. :pout:

PICSIX
04-22-2017, 11:42 AM
:7:&:8: are scratched