PDA

View Full Version : no more passwords

lamboguy
04-21-2017, 01:55 PM
http://www.technewsworld.com/story/84471.html

EasyGoer89
04-21-2017, 01:59 PM
So wait you trade in your first of kin, Dna 'fingerprints' and retina eye scan to big brother just to avoid having to remember an easily memorable password?

No thanks, I'll stick w my password is password!:lol:

johnhannibalsmith
04-21-2017, 02:11 PM
Yeah, good luck Microsoft. Yahoo! tries to get me to do that now. Because instead of letting Windows enter my credentials automatically what I really want to do is find my damn phone and hope that its charged and mess with it, then switch back to the computer. Get the hell out of here with this nonsense. Last week it was some kind of Scandinavians getting chips stuck in them at work so they didn't need the hassle of keys. What a hassle. Using a key. And they say Americans are lazy.

_______
04-21-2017, 02:33 PM
I use a password manager with two factor authentication (Yubikey) for all my financial logins as well as Amazon, and a few other sites.

The password manager generates the maximum length and sorting (numbers, letters, symbols) that each site allows. I only need to remember one fairly complex password for the manager.

The downside of the two factor authentication is that it can't be used on mobile devices but I've decided the minor inconvenience is worth the added safety.

Even after I log into my brokerage account in this manner, they provided another layer by giving me a small device that generates random 6 digit numbers which have to be entered on a page after log in.

You can't be too careful.

NorCalGreg
04-21-2017, 03:26 PM
Yeah, good luck Microsoft. Yahoo! tries to get me to do that now. Because instead of letting Windows enter my credentials automatically what I really want to do is find my damn phone and hope that its charged and mess with it, then switch back to the computer. Get the hell out of here with this nonsense. Last week it was some kind of Scandinavians getting chips stuck in them at work so they didn't need the hassle of keys. What a hassle. Using a key. And they say Americans are lazy.

LOL......you're a funny guy, John :D