PDA

View Full Version : Computer Problems...

Bubbles
07-31-2004, 01:59 PM
Hey all...

Computer's been having problems. Whenever I try to view certain stuff, like past performances on DRF or going into a chat room, I get a little picture in the top left corner with little geometric figures, not an x. If it was an x, I could just refresh it, and it would come up. With this, nothing shows, no matter what I seem to do.

Can anyone help with this problem?

Buckeye
07-31-2004, 02:09 PM
Three things--

Ad-aware

Spybot 1.3

AVG anti-virus

JustRalph
07-31-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Bubbles
Hey all...

Computer's been having problems. Whenever I try to view certain stuff, like past performances on DRF or going into a chat room, I get a little picture in the top left corner with little geometric figures, not an x. If it was an x, I could just refresh it, and it would come up. With this, nothing shows, no matter what I seem to do.

Can anyone help with this problem?

bubbles........

give me a better description, such as, What format is the drf pp in? is it a pdf or is it a web page etc?

right click on the x and see if you can get properties for it........

Buckeye
07-31-2004, 02:16 PM
Delete Temp Files

Run Maintenance Wizard

Listen to Ralph :)

JustRalph
07-31-2004, 02:51 PM
What version of windows...........

Bubbles
07-31-2004, 03:16 PM
OK...The DRF PP's are in Adobe Acrobat. Tried to get to the San Diego, no luck. Tried to right-click that little box, no properties.

I run Windows ME.

Bubbles
07-31-2004, 03:20 PM
And I just tried to search for the Temporary Internet Files folder. The search function on my computer is now pretty much dead. Shows the number of results, but doesn't show what the results WERE.

BillW
07-31-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Bubbles
Windows ME.

Be careful what you ask for Bubs, I think you got it this time :D

Bubbles
07-31-2004, 03:31 PM
Well, this is self-destructing. I tried to run Spybot: Search and Destroy.

It's not working.

This computer definitely has something wrong with it. I'm fixing to take it into Best Buy tomorrow.

JustRalph
07-31-2004, 04:01 PM
open your browser and go to "tools" "internet options" and right in the middle of the page that comes up is "delete files" try that and see if it gets any better. Make sure you reboot after above. How long has it been since this starting happening..........? If only a week or less.........

try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=267951