PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Derby Pics

Parson
04-16-2017, 02:15 PM
I got to watch Girvin go 47.8 yesterday morning while I was hanging out at Trackside. He looked like a machine during the work. The gallop out was questionable, but that may have been by design. Her he is with Rosie up before the breeze. Pics were taken with my phone and I am not the best photographer so I apologize for the quality.

boys at tosconova
04-16-2017, 02:45 PM
i don't think there was one horse last year that didn't look great training leading up to the derby. every camp seemed to have glowing reports.

i can't even pay attention to most of it anymore. unless there is something unusual being done that needs to be looked at.

a more valuable assertion is watching the horses on the track before the race. there's been numerous times i've bet the race before only to see one of my horses washed out and not looking good.

PowerUpPaynter
04-16-2017, 05:37 PM
I remember the buzz before 2013 that Orb looked exceptional.

cj
04-16-2017, 06:27 PM
Here are a couple of Classic Empire yesterday. Somebody said he looked like he was starving or something like that, so judge for yourself.

Parson
04-16-2017, 06:29 PM
horse looks very fit, not sure what the starving comment was.

I generally hit the track early to see my horses gallop then head to CDX to watch the big stake horses. This year, there are 2 at Trackside so I was able to get that pic earlier than most.

Dream_Police
04-16-2017, 06:44 PM
Parson I work up @ CD during Derby Week and watch the big boys(and girls) work, Dawn at the Downs is a great opportunity to get up close to them and really get a good look at the contenders.

Parson
04-16-2017, 06:57 PM
Dawn at the downs is over on the trackside. I generally get to the old Louisville Downs about 5 head to the barns at Churchill about 730 -800 watch the big boys and girls, then head to wagners for breakfast.