PDA

View Full Version : Just curious 2 questions - what do you think TVG talent salary is and

whisperlunch
04-16-2017, 11:51 AM
Also What do you think race track announcers make ?

I new the track announcer at fair meadows in Tulsa he wore many different hats
He was money manager and hired tellers and called races
He said he got and extra 150 per day when he called the live meet

So if that's fair meadows what's a big track?

Do TVG talant make more than 150k?

Just curious

MonmouthParkJoe
04-16-2017, 02:19 PM
I would imagine the guys like Matt and Todd do well. Honestly have no idea. Interesting to see if the talent can drive handle through their analysis of the race and posting picks. At the same time these guys are on air for the bigger tracks, so some like Perloff that are on Mondays maybe dont.

I know one announcer personally but he also did things like simulcast director so it was a year round gig. I would think only a handful of announcers are paid well. Most piece together the year rotating.

SoCalCircuit
04-16-2017, 02:41 PM
I always estimated the top "talent" made in the 80-90k range, and there was downward sliding scale after that.

whisperlunch
04-16-2017, 03:45 PM
So cal you maybe right. Cost of living and taxes I'd think 150ish per yr. I may be way off.

kingfin66
04-16-2017, 04:33 PM
Robert Geller once told me what the standard daily rate was for calling races, but I cannot remember it for the life of me. He told me that it really does require calling races at two tracks, or one very long meet at a big track to make it on race calling alone. This was about ten years ago and the rate has probably changed quite a bit since then.