PDA

View Full Version : Conquest Mo Money

PowerUpPaynter
04-15-2017, 09:11 PM
Wasnt there something weird with him being nominated to the Triple Crown? Like the owners didnt get something in on time? Heard something a few weeks ago and notice he isnt listed in the pts leader board on KentuckyDerby.com

f2tornado
04-15-2017, 09:34 PM
Not nominated yet. Would have to pay $200k to supplement the Derby and $150k for the Preakness.

rsetup
04-15-2017, 09:42 PM
I wouldn't.

Nitro
04-15-2017, 11:39 PM
The connections prior to the Arkansas Derby indicated that they would only supplement their horse if it won the race. It should be interesting if they decide to go anyway.

I thought the horse ran pretty good and hung on well to the wire, especially considering the extra effort needed to get that early position and running under consistent pressure on the front end. It definitely has talent and with a better post and slight change in tactics it could become a formidable foe in the KY Derby.

cj
04-16-2017, 12:23 AM
They should save the money and find spots where he could win.

Run Nicholas Run
04-16-2017, 06:14 PM
They should save the money and find spots where he could win.

ohio and wv derby.

his trainer was a good rider in arizona for a number of years,
and Miguel is doing pretty good as a trainer just getting his career
in that realm off the ground.

Robert Fischer
04-16-2017, 07:36 PM
I don't know the health history behind this horse's "story".
The health history could be a big factor in terms of any potential breeding prize.

I also don't know whether the connections are open to a partnership buying in, and/or at a reasonable price.

The derby would be a longshot attempt, but it is a prestigious race, even for a place in the starting gate.

The Preakness, after seeing how things sort out in the derby, would be very reasonable, should a partnership present themselves.

letswastemoney
04-16-2017, 08:21 PM
A trainer who had considered buying him back at the Keeneland sale explained to me what was wrong with Conquest Mo Money...and I forgot.

He seems to be running well for now. I only hope he gets better.

Mulerider
04-16-2017, 10:52 PM
He seems to be running well for now. I only hope he gets better.

CJ gave him a figure of 116 yesterday. His TFUS in the Sunland was 107. I assume Bris will show a similar increase. That will make four successive races in which Conquest Mo Money has improved his figure.

His loss by a neck cost me a tournament yesterday. I was the only guy in a 5-man contest that had him. Place score wasn't enough. But that's ok. He ran well, and finished well even after he and Malagacy hooked up.

I hadn't heard that there might be a health issue. I didn't find anything about that with a quick search, but I did find an interesting article on CMM and his connections. Y'all have probably already seen it, but just in case:

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/all-the-ingredients-for-a-derby-dream/

AirNate012
04-18-2017, 04:01 PM
Conquest Mo Money is out. Connections said they will point towards the Preakness instead. Lookin at Lee and Sonneteer are next in line to make the field.

tanner12oz
04-18-2017, 07:52 PM
Any shot in the preakness? Always seems so damn chalky

MNslappy
05-20-2017, 10:32 PM
How bout the ride this guy got today? Owners paid $150 grand to get him in, they can't be happy right now.

five-eighths
05-20-2017, 10:52 PM
Term of Art was a lot closer to the pace than expected causing CMM to float wide and never get on track

outofthebox
05-20-2017, 11:11 PM
I look for him to pick up some nice cash in a few of the lesser Derbies coming up. I was impressed with his determination. He wilted very late understandably.

PaceMasterT
05-22-2017, 02:39 PM
Term of Art was a lot closer to the pace than expected causing CMM to float wide and never get on track

Did he hit the gate? His start looked horrid.

Mulerider
05-22-2017, 04:25 PM
Did he hit the gate? His start looked horrid.

His jockey claimed the gates were opened while CMM, the last to load, was still going forward into his, and that the horse was startled by it. I couldn't see that in the head-on replay.

Also, CMM will be going to the barn of Tres Abbot for the summer, according to DRF:

http://www.drf.com/news/tres-abbott-assist-training-conquest-mo-money

Sounds like a trainer change without coming right out and saying it. Or maybe I'm reading something into it that isn't there.

five-eighths
05-22-2017, 04:26 PM
Jockey said CMM wasn't ready when gate opened

http://www.drf.com/news/tres-abbott-assist-training-conquest-mo-money

MNslappy
05-22-2017, 10:15 PM
So the gate crew may have completely changed the outcome of the race. Nice to know. Watching the replay again it really does look like the gate opened before CMM was all the way in the gate and ready to go.

Still doesnt explain why the jock kept CMM so wide for so long.

luisbe
05-23-2017, 03:06 PM
2 pics