PDA

View Full Version : AP 7/29 Corrected Chart

Steve 'StatMan'
07-30-2004, 11:01 PM
For those saving AP charts. An error was reported in the Equibase Chart for Thurday 7/29, Race 9. The beaten lengths for the finish were corrected (the error repeated the stretch margins as finish margins).

The corrections were made by the Equibase chart callers on Friday morning, and the current charts on Equibase and DRF's PDF files are correct when I checked this evening.

However, if you saved the charts for this card and/or race before the changes were made on Friday morning (I don't know what time), you will want to replace them.

Steve 'StatMan'
07-30-2004, 11:15 PM
I did some more reviewing -

Currently correct: Equibase Results Chart and DRF PDF File for Race 9.

Currently uncorrected: TSN and BRIS Free Charts.

charleslanger
07-31-2004, 12:23 AM
thank you very much.

BillW
07-31-2004, 12:28 AM
I reported it and asked for their Chart error correction policy (i.e. do they routinely check Equibase for updates?) I'll report back.

Bill

Valuist
07-31-2004, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the update. Its good to know they want to get it right.

Tom
07-31-2004, 11:04 AM
Been a few posts this week about errors in EB data. How many more were there that we didn't hear about?
Now, my thoughts are that EB is in the business of DATA. They collect a lot of data every year, but they collect it in daily increments, by track, by race. And they have one guy incharge of each track's data I assume. So this one guy has 8-12 races a day to look at. And he can't handle it! Perhaps EB should take a little more responsibility for thier product. And upgrade thier people.

BillW
07-31-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Tom
Been a few posts this week about errors in EB data. How many more were there that we didn't hear about?
Now, my thoughts are that EB is in the business of DATA. They collect a lot of data every year, but they collect it in daily increments, by track, by race. And they have one guy incharge of each track's data I assume. So this one guy has 8-12 races a day to look at. And he can't handle it! Perhaps EB should take a little more responsibility for thier product. And upgrade thier people.

How much you wanna bet the term "Quality Assurance" would bring blank stares around there. just like industry in general in the 70's?

Tom
07-31-2004, 12:03 PM
As we have seen in our Beyer project, accuracy is a rare commodity in this industry. This is where I got the term data whore. Very fitting in some cases.

BillW
08-02-2004, 07:38 PM
The Bris/TSN charts are fixed. I got no answer re. their policy for checking Equibase for corrections.

I only received a reply from TSN and nothing so far from Bris.

Bill