PDA

View Full Version : McCraken

PowerUpPaynter
04-14-2017, 07:09 AM
So who wants to take a stab at unraveling the mystery known as McCraken? Went from possible derby favorite to head scratcher. Couldnt catch a maiden or "wasnt cranked" because his trainer "knows how to point toward a goal".

For me, I just don't know what to make of this one.

Mc990
04-14-2017, 07:17 AM
So who wants to take a stab at unraveling the mystery known as McCraken? Went from possible derby favorite to head scratcher. Couldnt catch a maiden or "wasnt cranked" because his trainer "knows how to point toward a goal".

For me, I just don't know what to make of this one.

No mystery really... Wasn't his bluegrass basically a pair of his Tampa race on a couple reputable services. TFUS and TG at least. To be honest, the rest are useless anyways,, so for arguments sake, we'll call it a pair

He's always been solid but overrated vs his figures

PowerUpPaynter
04-14-2017, 07:29 AM
No mystery really... Wasn't his bluegrass basically a pair of his Tampa race on a couple reputable services. TFUS and TG at least. To be honest, the rest are useless anyways,, so for arguments sake, we'll call it a pair

He's always been solid but overrated vs his figures

So in your opinion does he hit the board for the derby?

Mc990
04-14-2017, 07:49 AM
So in your opinion does he hit the board for the derby?

He'll need to improve to win and maybe to even hit the board. I believe he has a decent chance to do so though. That being said, I couldn't key him, I'd only use him

f2tornado
04-14-2017, 08:16 AM
You won't find many Northern Dancers in the winner's circle. It's been mostly RAN and BR in recent decades. He couldn't close at Keeneland in spite of modest fractions. His numbers look the same race to race. What you see is what you get. Mohaymen Junior. His rider Brian Hernandez Jr has had no spring classics luck. I don't plan on using on top beyond my Future wagers.

Mc990
04-14-2017, 08:22 AM
You won't find many Northern Dancers in the winner's circle. It's been mostly RAN and BR in recent decades. He couldn't close at Keeneland in spite of modest fractions. His numbers look the same race to race. What you see is what you get. Mohaymen Junior. His rider Brian Hernandez Jr has had no spring classics luck. I don't plan on using on top beyond my Future wagers.

Don't take offense to this but I'm not sure I understand why you have a future wager on him... Based on your assertions, he seems like a toss in your mind (especially at the price).

He's never really had any value vs his numbers on the racetrack and the points you brought up about jockey, pedigree, etc were all known a long time ago. I'm trying to understand when he was ever value in your mind

f2tornado
04-14-2017, 09:02 AM
Don't take offense to this but I'm not sure I understand why you have a future wager on him... Based on your assertions, he seems like a toss in your mind (especially at the price).

He's never really had any value vs his numbers on the racetrack and the points you brought up about jockey, pedigree, etc were all known a long time ago. I'm trying to understand when he was ever value in your mind

I primarily make exacta wagers using the ALL OTHERS 24 button on top of a couple of horses I expect will find the gate for pools 1 & 2. I fully expected McCraken to find the gate and doesn't need to win the race. He just needs to finish better than anyone listed and I collect on the exacta. I did box a few just in case. My screw up this year was not going harder on Irish and Gunnervera in pool 1. I liked both but barely used either and now wish I had more of those all others exacta combinations that offered between 80 and 107-1. I do get more focused in pools 3 and 4 using couple horses. I barely used McCraken in those.

magwell
05-05-2017, 11:09 AM
This colt is a must use for me very solid......:)

Run Nicholas Run
05-05-2017, 12:10 PM
i like the prop william hill here in nevada is offering
field vs mckraken , at minus 7 to one its free money
as MCKRAKEN was just given the kiss of death from
a las vegas anchor man on our fox affilliate who is a notorious
sports bettor with little to no success.

BIG49010
05-05-2017, 02:17 PM
He looks on the smallish side to me, in a big field he gets bounced around, and just doesn't recover. He has great action, and the off going should suit, but how many Derby winners get a perfect trip to win? I think he needs one (perfect trip) to win! Similar in my book to Smarty Jones.

boys at tosconova
05-05-2017, 05:23 PM
can't believe they gave the horse a 5-1 ML and gunny 15-1.

just an awful mistake making him that low. doesn't mean he can run big though.

i think tapwrit is better than him, well, at least before the BG....but the BG was a scam race and the kraken was a part if the scam.

if i use tapwrit and not this one as well i have no business complaining if i lose.

he's in top 8 and i will have a few tickets w/ him on it regardless of what his odds are