PDA

View Full Version : Genital mutilation now a crime under Trump

JustRalph
04-13-2017, 10:19 PM
God Bless Jeff Sessions and Prez Trump

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2017/04/13/doctor-charged-genital-mutilation/100416734/

Clocker
04-13-2017, 10:25 PM
Genital mutilation now a crime under Trump

So is Sessions going to arrest Caitlyn Jenner? :popcorn:

Ocala Mike
04-13-2017, 10:30 PM
I fail to see how any of this has anything whatsoever to do with Sessions/Trump. Was this another one of his "promises kept?"

VigorsTheGrey
04-13-2017, 10:41 PM
Why then isn't male circumcision a crime...sorry, you can't convince me that is not genital mutilation...a barbarous act on a non-consenting victim...especially when people use their mouths in the process...

JustRalph
04-13-2017, 11:02 PM
I fail to see how any of this has anything whatsoever to do with Sessions/Trump. Was this another one of his "promises kept?"

These are Federal charges, in Federal Court. That's the Justice dept.

This has been going on for years in this country and nobody cared!

Previous Admins did nothing.

It was written off as cultural. It's absolute barbarism!

Little girls all over the United States have been subject to this horrible crime via back alley foreign Doctors for years.

PaceAdvantage
04-13-2017, 11:19 PM
Why then isn't male circumcision a crime...sorry, you can't convince me that is not genital mutilation...a barbarous act on a non-consenting victim...especially when people use their mouths in the process...More Jew bashing. So predictable you are. You're awesome dude. :rolleyes:

Here's one difference, however. Female genital mutilation is designed to control a woman's sexuality and her ability to derive pleasure from sex.

Male circumcision does not produce this result, thus cannot really be compared, which is what you are doing, in your latest instance of Jew-bashing.

And the whole mouth thing? Not really practiced much today...except in ultra-Orthodox circles.

From Wiki:

Under Jewish law, a mohel must draw blood from the circumcision wound. Most mohels do it by hand with a suction device, but some Orthodox groups use their mouth to draw blood after cutting the foreskin.[8][9][10][11] The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a warning in 2012 about the health implications of this practice, citing 11 cases of neonatal HSV and two recorded fatalities.[12] A 2013 review of cases of neonatal HSV infections in Israel identified ritual circumcision as the source of HSV-1 transmission in 31.8% of the cases.

And also this:

Since bloodletting has given way to modern, safer medicine, many Orthodox rabbis modernized their approach in turn, swapping the oral suction for a sponge or pipette to draw the blood from the wound, as the Mishnah requires. However, the Hasidim and a handful of other ultra-Orthodox factions vying to one-up the Hasidim, have held onto this archaic and dangerous practice.
Read more: http://forward.com/sisterhood/192951/why-my-son-underwent-metzitzah-bpeh/

And Wiki on FGM:

Surveys have shown a widespread belief, particularly in Mali, Mauritania, Guinea and Egypt, that FGM is a religious requirement.[132] Gruenbaum has argued that practitioners may not distinguish between religion, tradition and chastity, making it difficult to interpret the data.[133]

FGM's origins in northeastern Africa are pre-Islamic, but the practice became associated with Islam because of that religion's focus on female chastity and seclusion.[p] There is no mention of it in the Quran. It is praised in several hadith (sayings attributed to Muhammad) as noble but not required.[q][136] In 2007 the Al-Azhar Supreme Council of Islamic Research in Cairo ruled that FGM had "no basis in core Islamic law or any of its partial provisions".[137][r]

There is no mention of FGM in the Bible.[139] Christian missionaries in Africa were among the first to object to FGM,[140] but Christian communities in Africa do practise it. A 2013 UNICEF report identified 17 African countries in which at least 10 percent of Christian women and girls aged 15 to 49 had undergone FGM; in Niger 55 percent of Christian women and girls had experienced it, compared with two percent of their Muslim counterparts.[141] The only Jewish group known to have practised it are the Beta Israel of Ethiopia. Judaism requires male circumcision, but does not allow FGM.[142] FGM is also practised by animist groups, particularly in Guinea and Mali.[143]

JustRalph
04-13-2017, 11:24 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/fullpage/underground-america-female-genital-mutilation-undergroundfgm-31808869

Please read if you're not familiar

PA :ThmbUp:

FantasticDan
04-13-2017, 11:26 PM
I fail to see how any of this has anything whatsoever to do with Sessions/Trump.It doesn't. It's been a federal crime since 1996. Ralph's comment that nobody has cared until now is of course total nonsense.

Fred Mertz
04-13-2017, 11:32 PM
Q: How much do circumcision doctors make?

A: $250 a week, plus tips.

[/off 40 year old joke.]

FantasticDan
04-13-2017, 11:52 PM
Q: How much do circumcision doctors make?
A: $250 a week, plus tips.
[/off 40 year old joke.]

https://youtu.be/YRUMBMm-RL4

Clocker
04-14-2017, 12:20 AM

It doesn't. The article says that the FBI started focusing more on it some time last year.

JustRalph
04-14-2017, 12:33 AM
It doesn't. It's been a federal crime since 1996. Ralph's comment that nobody has cared until now is of course total nonsense.

How many Doctors prosecuted?

JustRalph
04-14-2017, 12:41 AM
It doesn't. The article says that the FBI started focusing more on it some time last year.

Why no prosecutions? Almost none. The ones that are on the books were family members, not the Doctors.

VigorsTheGrey
04-14-2017, 12:49 AM
More Jew bashing. So predictable you are. You're awesome dude. :rolleyes:

Here's one difference, however. Female genital mutilation is designed to control a woman's sexuality and her ability to derive pleasure from sex.

Male circumcision does not produce this result, thus cannot really be compared, which is what you are doing, in your latest instance of Jew-bashing.

And the whole mouth thing? Not really practiced much today...except in ultra-Orthodox circles.

From Wiki:

And also this:

And Wiki on FGM:

You are way off base, PA, on this...Just because I'm horrified by the reasoning AND especially, the practice of circumcision does not make me a Jew Basher or Baiter...I simply am disgusted by it, and I am not alone, there are bound to be millions of people who do not approve of it and who do not like the practice nor think it is ethical...The practice itself was copied by Jews at least from the Egyptians, who practiced it long, long before them...Does that make me an Egyptian Basher...? I guess in your mind it does...

And as far as biological effects, psychological effects, and decrease in pleasure, there are negatives in these areas as well...Can't I have a opinion on such a vital issue as my own body...without being labeled with some slur...?

PaceAdvantage
04-14-2017, 12:55 AM
You are way off base, PA, on this...Just because I'm horrified by the reasoning AND especially, the practice of circumcision does not make me a Jew Basher or Baiter...I simply am disgusted by it, and I am not alone, there are bound to be millions of people who do not approve of it and who do not like the practice nor think it is ethical...The practice itself was copied by Jews at least from the Egyptians, who practiced it long, long before them...Does that make me an Egyptian Basher...? I guess in your mind it does...

And as far as biological effects, psychological effects, and decrease in pleasure, there are negatives in these areas as well...Can't I have a opinion on such a vital issue as my own body...without being labeled with some slur...?You specifically brought in the ancient Jewish practice of using the mouth to withdraw the blood. Was that an Egyptian practice as well? Please cite a source.

And circumcision has been performed on COUNTLESS NON-JEWS by medical professionals, not mohels, so why did you even bring in the "mouth thing," except as a Jew-bash. I know what you're up to, despite your protestations.

If you simply wanted to talk about your disgust for the practice, there was no need to bring up the "mouth thing." But you couldn't help yourself. Why didn't you bring up the fact that Muslims sew the vagina SHUT except for a tiny opening to allow menstrual blood flow? You're all about the gory details when it came to the Jews, but failed to mention the gory details when it comes to Muslims...yeah...you're just an innocent guy looking for answers...:lol::lol:

VigorsTheGrey
04-14-2017, 01:06 AM
You specifically brought in the ancient Jewish practice of using the mouth to withdraw the blood. Was that an Egyptian practice as well? Please cite a source.

And circumcision has been performed on COUNTLESS NON-JEWS by medical professionals, not mohels, so why did you even bring in the "mouth thing," except as a Jew-bash. I know what you're up to, despite your protestations.

If you simply wanted to talk about your disgust for the practice, there was no need to bring up the "mouth thing." But you couldn't help yourself.

What aren't you horrified by the mouth thing? Shouldn't the "mouth thing" ever be talked about...?

Frankly, I've I have just recently learned about both clitoris removal and and the circumcision practices of orthodox jews recently, but yes, I am horrified by both practices...

I'm not bashing specific individuals, I am stating an objection to certain practices regardless of who is performing them...

I would be just as horrified if some other person did it for absolutely no religious reasons as well...

And please educate me on this whole "sucking blood thing" and cite the Scriptures that tell us all the reasoning for the blood sucking...in the final analysis, different cultures mutilate their members in various ways...I object to nearly all of them....I don't even like tattoos...

JustRalph
04-14-2017, 01:33 AM
Just close this thread. Jesus, talk about going off the rails......

VigorsTheGrey
04-14-2017, 01:48 AM
You specifically brought in the ancient Jewish practice of using the mouth to withdraw the blood. Was that an Egyptian practice as well? Please cite a source.

If you simply wanted to talk about your disgust for the practice, there was no need to bring up the "mouth thing." But you couldn't help yourself. Why didn't you bring up the fact that Muslims sew the vagina SHUT except for a tiny opening to allow menstrual blood flow? You're all about the gory details when it came to the Jews, but failed to mention the gory details when it comes to Muslims...yeah...you're just an innocent guy looking for answers...:lol::lol:

Wow, they do that as well...Horrible...! And are there religious reasons for this as well...?

PaceAdvantage
04-14-2017, 03:04 AM
Wow, they do that as well...Horrible...! And are there religious reasons for this as well...?You seem to be only educated about the ancient practices of the Jews...I suggest you expand your horizons...

All religions (or most) seem to contain a few nuggets of the bizarre.

Yup, closing this thread.