PDA

View Full Version : which of these would you take..?

wreckless
04-11-2017, 10:04 PM
4 friends and myself made a Triple Crown Pool..

I draft 4th, and end up getting the 4th and 5th pick.

I'm assuming Always Dreaming, IWC, and McCraken will be gone.. which 2 of the remaining horses would you take keeping in mind its a pool based on all 3 legs of the TC..

I'm thinking 2 of Gunnevera, Gormley, Classic Empire in that order.. but don't know which of those 3 has a better chance of hitting the top 4 in all 3 races.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

*bonus question lol: pick 2 of [Battlion Runner, Tapwrit, Patch, Hence, Battle of Midway, Irap]

Mc990
04-11-2017, 10:26 PM
4 friends and myself made a Triple Crown Pool..

I draft 4th, and end up getting the 4th and 5th pick.

I'm assuming Always Dreaming, IWC, and McCraken will be gone.. which 2 of the remaining horses would you take keeping in mind its a pool based on all 3 legs of the TC..

I'm thinking 2 of Gunnevera, Gormley, Classic Empire in that order.. but don't know which of those 3 has a better chance of hitting the top 4 in all 3 races.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

*bonus question lol: pick 2 of [Battlion Runner, Tapwrit, Patch, Hence, Battle of Midway, Irap]

I guess it depends on the breakdown of how points are awarded...

You'll know by Saturday if classic empire is a go. He would be one of my selections if he comes anywhere close to his top Saturday. Gunnevera will probably be an overlay in the derby but I'd be hesitant to swipe him up that early unless the points were weighed heavily towards winning the derby

Cloud computing could be value as well. Could be lying in the weeds as the Belmont favorite after the attrition of the first 2 legs

Again, IMO it all depends on how it's structured though

wreckless
04-11-2017, 10:37 PM
draft is tomorrow so that's the risk with Classic Empire

points awarded as follows:

KD: 5 win, 3 place, 2 show, 1 4th
Preak: 5 win, 3 place, 2 show, 1 4th
Bell: 6 win, 4 place, 3 show, 2 4th

wreckless
04-12-2017, 05:07 PM
ok, its down to these choices:

2 of [Tapwrit, Battalion Runner, Cloud Computing, Battle of Midway, Irap, Hence]

and 2 of [Petrov, Untrapped, Sonneteer, Royal M0]

keep in mind these horses can get points for all 3 legs of the TC.

PowerUpPaynter
04-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Hence and Irap

Petrov and sonneteer

pele polo
04-12-2017, 06:52 PM
Classic Empire and Gunnevera over Gormley because the latter most likely wont run in the Preakness.

wreckless
04-12-2017, 07:15 PM
good call! anyone else?

especially with these:

2 of [Tapwrit, Battalion Runner, Cloud Computing, Battle of Midway, Irap, Hence]

2 of [Petrov, Untrapped, Sonneteer, Royal M0]

t-minus 2 hours till draft

f2tornado
04-12-2017, 07:49 PM
I think Battle of Midway is a top 10 Derby horse with a chance to hit the board if given the right pace. He has a style that would suit the Preakness and Belmont better. His pedigree is stellar for classic distance. RAN sire line, 44 dosage points including 17 classic, 2 solid, and one professional. Then mix in 24 points on the speed side. DI is a nice 2.83.

wreckless
04-12-2017, 08:51 PM
Update:

2 of [Tapwrit, Cloud Computing, Battle of Midway, Hence]

2 of [Petrov, Untrapped, Sonneteer, Royal Mo]

t-minus 40min till draft

PowerUpPaynter
04-12-2017, 09:02 PM
Update:

2 of [Tapwrit, Cloud Computing, Battle of Midway, Hence]

2 of [Petrov, Untrapped, Sonneteer, Royal Mo]

t-minus 40min till draft