PDA

View Full Version : Sean Spicer says stupid things

kingfin66
04-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Okay, this guy has hit a new low when it comes to comments by a Press Secretary. I actually don't think malice was intended, but Spicer needs to have at least a little bit of awareness about the comments he makes and the impacts on groups that he insults, including our allies in Israel. In short, more should be expected of a Press Secretary. To his credit, he tried to clarify his comments, and he has apologized. Is it enough?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/11/sean-spicer-someone-as-despicable-as-hitler-didnt-even-sink-to-using-chemical-weapons/?utm_term=.e7c9717d829b

JustRalph
04-11-2017, 11:09 PM
He didn't insult anybody and his point was valid, but he expressed it poorly. I see a ton of people online equating gas chambers with field grade chemical weapons. He was drawing distinction between those two uses.

I have even seen some say Hitler sprayed the enemy from planes. Inartful, yes. Insulting, only if you're a liberal trying to make Trump look bad.

Greyfox
04-11-2017, 11:18 PM
Sean Spicer is a target of CNN and other MSM.
They parse and twist his words beyond belief.
The man is doing a good job and the media jump on every twitch he makes.
Trump has a good man representing him. It's just that simple.

NJ Stinks
04-11-2017, 11:26 PM
Sean Spicer is a target of CNN and other MSM.
They parse and twist his words beyond belief.
The man is doing a good job and the media jump on every twitch he makes.
Trump has a good man representing him. It's just that simple.

Of course, it's not that simple but I agree he was nailed today for something obviously unintentional.

Sean has an impossible job because it's impossible to defend his boss on a daily basis.

Tom
04-11-2017, 11:42 PM
Assad would be Hitler in other times and other circumstances.
He must die. End of story.

Right after we make a batch of cold Kim Chi of out that little Korean puke.

Spicer is like a 1st grade teacher dealing with the moronic press every day.

But he has yet to say anything close to the stupid BS from Maxine baby or Nancy-Boo, the party stalwarts. :headbanger::pound:

kingfin66
04-12-2017, 12:35 AM
Tom, Maxine and Nancy have nothing to do with what he said today, so I don't understand why you are bringing them into this. My post is about what Sean said today.

Greyfox, how can you say that MSNBC or anybody else twisted his words? His words were there for all to see. No parsing needed.

NJ Stinks, I agree that his job is difficult. I think that he does do what he can to carry on the President's message no matter how ridiculous it makes him appear to be. I'm not sure that is what happened today.

Ralph, it seemed that our Israeli allies were quite insulted.

It is interesting to me that Spicer himself felt compelled to apologize, but the administration apologists here at PA want to defend him.

fast4522
04-12-2017, 12:49 AM
Sean Spicer says stupid things.

I say stupid things, some of us do that when a nerve is hit.
Sean Spicer has one more strike before he is out.

Some folks have to grow up and realize that this country has bigger fish to fry than to acquiesce those who are in a state of shock.

When a do nothing pot smoking community organizer is making bad foreign policy decisions over and over we can engage is such postings, today we have a President fighting the good fight perhaps we might be more reserved. Then when we are not surprised when our President renders the best possible result from a tough situation we can enjoy patting him on the back in our posts right Tom. For us the war is over, for the left continued delusion will increase the pain.

Assad would be Hitler in other times and other circumstances.
He must die. End of story.

Right after we make a batch of cold Kim Chi of out that little Korean puke.

Spicer is like a 1st grade teacher dealing with the moronic press every day.

But he has yet to say anything close to the stupid BS from Maxine baby or Nancy-Boo, the party stalwarts. :headbanger::pound:

Greyfox
04-12-2017, 01:12 AM
Greyfox, how can you say that MSNBC or anybody else twisted his words? His words were there for all to see. No parsing needed.

1. I said CNN. I have no idea what MSNBC presented.

2. Spicer talked about weaponry, not gas chambers.
Anyone with half a brain knew what he was talking about.

EasyGoer89
04-12-2017, 01:24 AM
It's a tough job dealing w fake news media.

MargieRose
04-12-2017, 02:05 AM
Okay, this guy has hit a new low when it comes to comments by a Press Secretary. I actually don't think malice was intended, but Spicer needs to have at least a little bit of awareness about the comments he makes and the impacts on groups that he insults, including our allies in Israel. In short, more should be expected of a Press Secretary. To his credit, he tried to clarify his comments, and he has apologized. Is it enough?
Yes, it should be enough, and if not, why not?

Speaking of apologies, I'd like to see one offered by all (professors, political commentators, irate comedians, Hollywood entertainers, some of the leaders from our communities of color and, of course, dimwits on all forms of social media) whom have had the unmitigated gall and wormwood to, at one time or another, compare our President Trump to the Nazi Fuhrer, himself. :mad:

plainolebill
04-12-2017, 02:40 AM
Yes, it should be enough, and if not, why not?

Speaking of apologies, I'd like to see one offered by all (professors, political commentators, irate comedians, Hollywood entertainers, some of the leaders from our communities of color and, of course, dimwits on all forms of social media) whom have had the unmitigated gall and wormwood to, at one time or another, compare our President Trump to the Nazi Fuhrer, himself. :mad:

:ThmbUp: Like a bunch of foaming at the mouth Chihuahuas. Surreal.

PaceAdvantage
04-12-2017, 11:05 AM
Spicer made an error.

He apologized for his mistake.

Now we have people claiming this is Trump/Spicer trying to minimize what happened in the Holocaust, on Passover to boot (there was also a story about Trump not attending the White House Seder, a TRADITION started by that long-ago President, Barack Obama...:rolleyes:, but I digress).

These very same people screaming this is another anti-Semitic, or Holocaust-minimizing, Holocaust-denier-enabling statement from Trump and/or his minions (or however else they want to frame it)...these very same liberals NEVER got this riled up when warrantless Hitler-esque accusations have been flying around against seemingly every elected Republican official in recent years.

No, those baseless Hitler claims against people like GWB, Rudy G, Trump, etc. etc....they somehow never had the effect of minimizing what actually happened to Jews in the Holocaust, even though these Hitler comparisons were, for the most part, patently ridiculous.

But when Spicer uses a Hitler comparison to Assad and is, as was said, inartful in going about it, liberals come out of the woodwork to condemn and make sure this story gets legs for a few days.

Pelosi comes right out and says he should be fired over it...Pelosi...LMAO

Doesn't anyone ever get tired of all this BS?

chadk66
04-12-2017, 11:17 AM
anybody with a piss and sized brain understands he made a mistake and didn't mean it the way it came out. it's a non story.

CincyHorseplayer
04-12-2017, 11:46 AM
Seriously? When I finally heard what he said I was shocked by the reactions that were obscuring the actual words. Not bright. Not that bad. For Hitler being thrown around ad infinitum since the election WTF are these psycho leftists babbling about?

ElKabong
04-12-2017, 12:11 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/11/sean-spicer-someone-as-despicable-as-hitler-didnt-even-sink-to-using-chemical-weapons/?utm_term=.e7c9717d829b

Yes it's enough. If you want to complain, find something subtantive

Marshall Bennett
04-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Spicer needs to be more aware of how hateful and angry his media audience is. I see little harm done however, they'd remain angry and hateful regardless. Except for angry liberals, most see it as a misstep not World War III.
As for Israel being horrified and offended, the holocaust is risky discussion grounds with them. Be sympathetic and approach with caution. Their reaction to Spicer would be expected.
None of this will matter in a short time as it never does with Trump. People that side-step the media bullshit know more important issues exist. Those offended will always be vulnerable targets by their own undoing.
The only cure to garbage like this and future media prey is to rewind time and have Hillary win the election. Liberals will never get over it.

PaceAdvantage
04-12-2017, 12:46 PM
Pelosi comes right out and says he should be fired over it...Pelosi...LMAOFunny, I don't recall Pelosi calling for Chris Matthews to be fired when he made essentially the same exact mistake back in 2013...

http://www.jta.org/2013/08/28/news-opinion/for-the-record-hitler-did-use-chemical-weapons-chris-matthews

kingfin66
04-12-2017, 02:21 PM
Yes it's enough. If you want to complain, find something subtantive

Yes sir. Right away sir. I was out of line sir. It won't happen again.

I am not surprised by the reactions here. The scary thing is that Tom's argument is the best one. To recap that argument, it goes like this. Well, Nancy and Maxine say things that I don't like, so Sean can do it to. In other words, the same argument advanced in the bill O'Reilly thread.

I guess I am the only person that thinks this undermines the credibility of the Secretary and, therefore, the administration. Shocking.

kingfin66
04-12-2017, 02:24 PM
Funny, I don't recall Pelosi calling for Chris Matthews to be fired when he made essentially the same exact mistake back in 2013...

http://www.jta.org/2013/08/28/news-opinion/for-the-record-hitler-did-use-chemical-weapons-chris-matthews

I am not calling for Spicer to be fired. Chris Matthews has also said ridiculous things. The big difference is that he did not work for the president.

kingfin66
04-12-2017, 02:29 PM
1. I said CNN. I have no idea what MSNBC presented.

2. Spicer talked about weaponry, not gas chambers.
Anyone with half a brain knew what he was talking about.

1. I apologize. You did say CNN. I saw msm, it was late. My mistake
2. Thanks for the insult. A pace advantage thread would not be complete without them. The disappointing part is that I have always had much respect for you.

PaceAdvantage
04-12-2017, 02:33 PM
I guess I am the only person that thinks this undermines the credibility of the Secretary and, therefore, the administration. Shocking.We got used to the actions or inactions of an administration (red line in sand for instance), undermining that administration (Obama)...so pardon us if we don't faint immediately when it happens again.

Not so sure the press secretary not properly linking chemical weapons delivered via the Air Force and zyklon b canisters dropped down a hole into a gas chamber is that huge a deal given guys like Chris Matthews (who was in the Carter Administration as a speechwriter) have made the same mistake.

FantasticDan
04-12-2017, 02:39 PM
I guess I am the only person that thinks this undermines the credibility of the Secretary and, therefore, the administration. Shocking.:D If this was any other administration, you'd have a point.

But no one is really surprised when one of the circus clowns stubs his toe..

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03474/BR9CB1a_3474244b.jpg

Greyfox
04-12-2017, 03:12 PM
2. Thanks for the insult.

Yikes! I'm sorry if you took that comment as directed at you.
I didn't mean anything personal.
My remark was flippant and definitely not intended to insult anyone.

PaceAdvantage
04-12-2017, 03:21 PM
2. Spicer talked about weaponry, not gas chambers.Republicans get no quarter when stuff like this pops up. It doesn't matter. If you're not 100% accurate and precise with each and every word, there will be hell to pay.

If you're a cable host on MSNBC, like Chris Matthews, you get more of a shoulder shrug from liberals or a light slap on the wrist for saying the same thing...if you're Spicer, those same liberals call for your head on a plate.

Ocala Mike
04-12-2017, 04:00 PM
Did he actually use this term: "holocaust centers"? The usual suspects are raking him over the coals on this one. Doesn't he know about concentration camps and gas chambers? Does he think these were social gatherings?

The title of the thread is unambiguous - he needs a filter, or he will soon be on the outside looking in.

GaryG
04-12-2017, 04:33 PM
At this point the left must make the most of things like this, SNL and conspiracy theories. What elso do they have? Well, they also have Hillary on her revenge tour.

Tom
04-12-2017, 08:27 PM
Here is the reality of this week.

N Korea threatened a nuclear attack on the USA. This Saturday is an anniversary, and that is a time when displays of power typically take place - is S Korea in danger?

China gives us support over Syria and may step in to assist handling the spoiled Kim Chi,

The SOS went to Moscow to face down the puppet master Putin over his support of a murderous madman.

Relations with Russia continue to deteriorate.

ISIS continues to target Christians.

Trump's claim that he was wire tapped have been proven to be true and the lies of the past administration have been outed.

Not a shred of any wrong-doing by the Tump guy who had to step down has been found.

And the two stories of the day area the WH messed up ordering the wooden eggs for the roll this weekend, and Spice said something wrong and immediately apologized for it repeatedly.

Some people have their priorities seriously up their arses.

The guy said something stupid.
Not nearly as stupid as the response to it have been.
People with a brain knew what his intention was anyone offended by his remarks probably deserves to be. For being so stupid in the first place.

The only people he has embarrassed are those who are whining about it. He has outed a group of morons.

ElKabong
04-12-2017, 09:25 PM
Here is the reality of this week.

Some people have their priorities seriously up their arses.

The guy said something stupid.
Not nearly as stupid as the response to it have been.
People with a brain knew what his intention was anyone offended by his remarks probably deserves to be. For being so stupid in the first place.

The only people he has embarrassed are those who are whining about it. He has outed a group of morons.

It's been this way for the 16 and a half years I've posted here. Liberals will wet the floor on most anything. Gets tiresome (yessir!) very quickly. Some folks just need to get a life.

kingfin66
04-12-2017, 09:41 PM
Yikes! I'm sorry if you took that comment as directed at you.
I didn't mean anything personal.
My remark was flippant and definitely not intended to insult anyone.

Apology accepted.

This next comment is not directed at you Greyfox, it is a general comment to the thread.

My intention in starting this thread was to spark dialogue. I do think it is a problem when the Secretary makes comments like he did. I see the position as one that does not have margin for error or comments like he made. From a factual point of view, he is correct. Hitler did not use chemical weapons on the battlefield. Chemical warfare was not used in either WWII or the Korean War. It is the comparison to Hitler where he went bad.

I wonder if there is any objectivity at all where party and ideology lie for many people on this board. A common refrain/defense I see is that Obama would have gotten a pass, or this person said this, or blah, blah, blah. Accountability should be the same no matter what party is in power, or makes comments. Is there anything that a member of this administration can say or do that would effectively cross the line for the conservatives on this board?

Lately, I have been posting more in off topic (God know why???), and those posts have many labeling me a liberal, or snowflake, or whatever Fox is telling you to call non-conservatives these days. There are not many posts in off topic political threads. For those of you who have extra time on your hands, which seems to be many of you, go ahead and search my posts. See what I have said about Obama (hint: I hated his stimulus package), see what I said about Trump. Try being a little bit objective. Is your hatred of Democrats really so great that you lose sight of what is right? Rhetorical question, I know the answer.

reckless
04-12-2017, 10:02 PM
Right up to the inauguration, newspapers such as The Washington Post referred to Donald Trump as Hitler-esque. They did so numerous times as did the 'journalists' at Huff Po, Salon Magazine, and other hateful left wing web sites.

This was far more incendiary and wrong --make that evil and divisive-- than what a Wisconsin yahoo, Sean Spicer, mistakenly said.

Tom
04-12-2017, 10:24 PM
Try being a little bit objective. Is your hatred of Democrats really so great that you lose sight of what is right? Rhetorical question, I know the answer.

I would reverse that question to the left.
Is fact that he said something stupid and then apologized really such a big deal it overshadows 6 major events happening for days?

Is the fact that the lying news media thinks it is not the real story here?

FantasticDan
04-16-2017, 01:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RvfzFv3c6Y

PaceAdvantage
04-16-2017, 01:29 PM
Right up to the inauguration, newspapers such as The Washington Post referred to Donald Trump as Hitler-esque. They did so numerous times as did the 'journalists' at Huff Po, Salon Magazine, and other hateful left wing web sites.

This was far more incendiary and wrong --make that evil and divisive-- than what a Wisconsin yahoo, Sean Spicer, mistakenly said.Amen brother. Amen.

Does anyone know of any Jewish newspapers, or perhaps the ADL or JDL, did they ever condemn the Washington Post or any journalist who made the Trump/Hitler comparison during the campaign or after the inauguration?

Because there were MANY. Didn't all these false comparisons (yeah, they are false) serve to diminish what actually happened in WWII under Hitler? Especially when it comes to the Holocaust?

But all these critics who were lightning-quick to jump all over Spicer, they didn't have BOO to say about all the other unjustified Hitler comparisons that serve only to DIMINISH what happened in WWII.

The left has ZERO defense here. They are hypocrites of the highest order.

It's disgusting what is allowed to pass and what is ultimately condemned by liberals.

Tom
04-16-2017, 03:02 PM
Death, taxes, and the left are lying hypocrites.
The truths of life.

To their defense, probably most who called him Hitleresque probably don't even remember doing it - they just parrot what they are told to say and never have any serious brain connection to their words.

Charlie McCarthy had a better mind than most liberals.

Marshall Bennett
04-16-2017, 04:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RvfzFv3c6Y
I had to watch all of 30 seconds of that stupid shit to turn it off. An adult version of Sesame Street for the wayward left who'll stoop to any level to be entertained. You've subscribed to it by posting it. :ThmbDown:

jk3521
04-16-2017, 04:52 PM
I had to watch all of 30 seconds of that stupid shit to turn it off. An adult version of Sesame Street for the wayward left who'll stoop to any level to be entertained. You've subscribed to it by posting it. :ThmbDown:

Plus, it wasn't funny!

FantasticDan
07-21-2017, 02:06 PM
That was fun while it lasted.

Not so much for Sean.. :p

ElKabong
07-21-2017, 03:16 PM
When a lot of us said trump was the lesser of the two evils running, this is what we meant. If hrc was in office it would be one charge after another, several SERIOUS investigations going on for four years running.

Trump is only slightly less an embarrassment, and this personnel change isn't the only reason. It's his nonsense in the ny times about sessions etc etc

Etc etc

More and more etc.

Knew this was going to happen. He's not capable of the position, just the lesser of the two really bad choices. Can't wait for 2020

Clocker
07-21-2017, 03:32 PM
Trump is only slightly less an embarrassment, and this personnel change isn't the only reason. It's his nonsense in the ny times about sessions etc etc

Spicer was Reince Priebus' guy from the RNC, so he was living on borrowed time from the start. This doesn't say much for Reince's career path.

This whole thing smells of high school in-crowds and who is the BMOC's best friend this week. Bannon also seems to be conspicuous by his low profile of late.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/07/21/whoa-spicer-resigns-protest-scaramuccis-appointment-comms-director/ (http://hotair.com/archives/2017/07/21/whoa-spicer-resigns-protest-scaramuccis-appointment-comms-director/)

Tom
07-21-2017, 05:04 PM
Again, who cares about this minutia?
Energy market benefits, jobs, you know really world stuff, not social media BS.

How do Trumps comments affect my real world life?

Not a bit.

_______
07-21-2017, 08:42 PM

Not a bit.

Unfortunately, the answer is the POTUS.

He appears to be so completely absorbed by the social media BS that he'd rather deal with it than accomplish anything in his job.

He's not well equipped.

If, by any chance, he saw this post he'd need to explain how well equipped he actually was.

JustRalph
07-21-2017, 10:56 PM

Not a bit.

Food stamp use at a 7 year low.......👍

kingfin66
07-21-2017, 11:44 PM
Unfortunately, the answer is the POTUS.

He appears to be so completely absorbed by the social media BS that he'd rather deal with it than accomplish anything in his job.

He's not well equipped.

If, by any chance, he saw this post he'd need to explain how well equipped he actually was.

I did it for him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nALb4lEbSbA