PDA

View Full Version : OK, I see the light. I am now a Republican like Martin Freed

Bob Allen
07-30-2004, 05:51 PM
Why I am now a Republican

martin freed 24 Jul 2004 02:06 GMT

A left-wing activist decides to vote for Bush. Why?

I've Been Converted
By Martin freed
Fairbanks, Alaska
alaskanaturally@yahoo.com

OK, Ok!!! I give up. I'm going to vote for Bush. The right wing convinced me that this is best course. And there are a lot of reasons.

I decided that breathing totally polluted air is really not too bad. What's a little carbon monoxide when we can save a quarter of a cent per kilowatt-hour on our electric bill. I smoke two packs a day so how can a small increase in the amount in the atmosphere hurt. Who Cares! And as for those non-smokers, I say tough-luck. They chose not to smoke, so it's their own fault.

When my former friends, the left-wingers, proselytize about the deficit, my eyes glaze over. Do I really care if my kids, grandkids and great grandkids have to pay it off? After all, they would not even exist if it wasn't for me. So who cares. Why if I had my way, I'd sell them into slavery if I thought I could make a buck.

Hey, I really want my $100. tax cut? Just because some billionaire is getting a half million-dollar tax cut, who gives a darn as long I get an extra $100. After all, those rich guys need to trade in their yachts every other year. Couldn't image them having to entertain their peers on one that was more than a couple years old.

Do you think that I care that Bush was a deserter during the Vietnam War? Not me!! Someone with his daddy's influence and money shouldn't have to serve their country. Getting killed or maimed in ridiculous wars is only for the peons of our society. And why should I care if the Bushco cannot find the money for state of the art body armor or even adequate ammunition for our troops? Let them go out to Wal-Mart and buy it themselves. Didn't they ever hear of personal responsibility? In addition, their mothers should run bake sales to buy them the proper equipment. That story about rich heroes like JFK was probably just made up by the leftist commies.

Hey, I'm not a vet. I was able to avoid the draft like just about every Republican chicken hawk like Cheney, Delay, Lott, Wolfowitz, etc. Why even Secretary of War, Rumsfeld, did everything he could to avoid combat in Korea. So why do I care if they are planning to close 11 VA hospitals and cut numerous other veteran benefits during a war as long as I get my hundred bucks?

Do you think I care if the current resident of the White House started two wars during the past four years? What difference does it make if there was a net loss of jobs during his term. Who cares that we are losing our civil liberties at a light-speed rate. After all he's in favor of amendments against flag burning and gay marriage. And what is more important?

As far as the United States becoming a theocracy, we all know that God speaks through Bush. I love the idea of Pat Robertson and Jerry Farwell running the country. Who cares if the former probably sells diamonds to terrorists and the latter might be indicted for various crimes. They say that they are truly men of God and whether it is true is not important. I choose to believe them. Do you think it matters that the founding fathers including Jefferson, Madison, Franklin and Washington stood for the absolute separation of church and state? Not one iota!! Like I said, they say they are men of God so how am I to question their authority.

These are just a few of the reasons that I am now a Republican. Think about it and you will probably also convert. I decided that I just love the crazy little Texas gunslinger who was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple. He has become my image of the perfect American. So forget it all you dirty, commie, hippies, peaceniks. I'm moving over to the other side and I advise you all to get a job.

Bob;)

p.s. While I think of a new message I am going to take a few days off to think through my new political persuasion. Damn I love that Ashcroft. He is the best American I can think of. That Senate race he lost to a dead man doesn't really count. Think of all the dead men walking the corridors of the West Wing.

PaceAdvantage
07-31-2004, 10:26 PM
Your post is so filled with errors, it's not even worth responding to. Will the real Secretariat please stand up?

"Totally polluted air" -- define totally, then prove that it is totally polluted -- then prove that it is demonstratably more polluted than it was the day Clinton left office

"Deserter" -- absolutely not a deserter. Where do you get off making up these lies? Show me one official document that proves Bush was a deserter.

John Kerry was the WORST candidate you dems could have come up with, and it will show in November. It's UNBELIEVEABLE to me that here we have a President which many in the media (and in film) are calling the dumbest, most corrupt, and most evil man to ever hold the position of President,

YET JOHN KERRY IS STILL DEAD EVEN IN THE POLLS WITH BUSH!!!!!! LOL

You guys must be wringing your hands with each and every passing moment your "virtual assassination" campaign fails to bring you the results you are looking for.....LOL

Tom
08-01-2004, 12:23 AM
PA...they put Al Sharpton on the stage at their convention.
What more can I say....the Dem Party is absolutely lost. DNC=Dumbest Nitwit Collection.
Al Sharpton! It boggles the mind.

kenwoodallpromos
08-02-2004, 11:30 PM
Real items heard: Talk about 1860'5 freed slave promises ( 1868 every homesteader got 160 acres); desegregation (no credit to Ike); 1960's marches (no condemnation od Demo Govs); Heintz- not yet women's rights (Demo Walton's Walmart lawsuit not mentioned); TX delegate- Kerry will get help in Iraq from the League of Nations; Outside Gore, Lieberman still think it is 2000.
What's up?